:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Zindol Originally Posted by itzjere Here's more info on it Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Wiki Thanks. What a coincidence. I was literally starting ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 118 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Here's more info on it

Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Wiki
    Thanks. What a coincidence. I was literally starting the process. How much space are you all allocating? 1GB?

Reading that link though, what does it mean by

Cons

• Cannot remove SD card
    It means that you cannot un-mount your SD card, since all apps are running off of it.

i haven't started this yet.. I'm looking into it.. I don't plan on constantly flashing ROMs and I have very few applications downloaded..

Once you remove the sd card from the phone, you can't access any applications. Be sure to copy all your files from the SD card to your computer. The partition process wipes the entire SD card.

I used 512, then I only have an 8gb card.

Here's more info on it

Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Wiki
    Thanks. What a coincidence. I was literally starting the process. How much space are you all allocating? 1GB?

Reading that link though, what does it mean by

Cons

• Cannot remove SD card
    It means that you cannot un-mount your SD card, since all apps are running off of it.

i haven't started this yet.. I'm looking into it.. I don't plan on constantly flashing ROMs and I have very few applications downloaded..
    you mean mount right? From what you and techiegirl are saying you can't basically mount your sd card to your pc because apps will be running off it right?

I gotcha. Hmmm, that's making me if i should proceed or not. Has it given any of you guys problems when mounting ever since?

No, unmount is correct.. because when your SD card is in your phone, it is mounted to the phone's OS.. when you plug your USB cable in, it's mounts to your computer so you can access all the files.

Think of it this way.. With App2SD, you basically have a computer with 2 hard drives.. 1 with the OS, the other with applications.. you can't pull your 2nd HD out while you're running an application like PS, because it would kill the process..

Without App2SD, you are just putting your apps and OS in the same basket.. hope that helps.

No, unmount is correct.. because when your SD card is in your phone, it is mounted to the phone's OS.. when you plug your USB cable in, it's mounts to your computer so you can access all the files.

Think of it this way.. With App2SD, you basically have a computer with 2 hard drives.. 1 with the OS, the other with applications.. you can't pull your 2nd HD out while you're running an application like PS, because it would kill the process..

Without App2SD, you are just putting your apps and OS in the same basket.. hope that helps.
    Yeah I get you, whats PS though? can you choose what apps to save on apps2sd? For example what if I have games saved on SDcard. I won't have that many problems when I mount SD card to PC right?

Yeah I get you, whats PS though? can you choose what apps to save on apps2sd? For example what if I have games saved on SDcard. I won't have that many problems when I mount SD card to PC right?
    Sorry, PS = Photoshop.

Honestly, I'm not too sure about saving certain apps on a2sd.. i imagine you could.. might be better if someone how uses this to answer that question.

Yeah, dear Apps2SD user lol, can you choose which apps to save to SD card?

well i just got my new nexus after the speaker in my original went out, and i must say it just doesnt compare to being rooted, i cant wait till i root this one, but to be safe ima wait about a week or so to make sure there are no problems
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by D_Toma View Post
    well i just got my new nexus after the speaker in my original went out, and i must say it just doesnt compare to being rooted, i cant wait till i root this one, but to be safe ima wait about a week or so to make sure there are no problems
    So you sent your Nexus One back for warranty (speaker going out) even when it was rooted, and HTC had no problem with it? Assuming since it's an un-related issue?

HTC will still take care of "HARDWARE" issues
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links