:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Lurker here. I've spent the past 2 days reading this entire thread, it seems to have a cult following of sorts. So I've decided to ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 124 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Lurker here. I've spent the past 2 days reading this entire thread, it seems to have a cult following of sorts.

So I've decided to take the plunge but here's my question. I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit and read a while back that there are issues with the 64-bit system and rooting? Is this going to be an issue for me?

Quote Originally Posted by f4ifrank View Post
    Lurker here. I've spent the past 2 days reading this entire thread, it seems to have a cult following of sorts.

So I've decided to take the plunge but here's my question. I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit and read a while back that there are issues with the 64-bit system and rooting? Is this going to be an issue for me?
    HAH! Cult following? :D Its the cult of Nexus! Ew don't say that, reminds me of a certain website of applefanboys that are full of haters.

But, I originally rooted my phone on Vista 64bit, then did all the steps again on my new laptop which is a Windows7 64bit.

NO PROBLEMS here. The only problem you might run into, is getting the computer to recognize the Nexus. When you download the Android SDK file, and plug in your phone for the first time, Windows will try to find the drivers, and not be able to locate them. I can't remember the exact option you have to choose, but there is a option to LOCATE DRIVERS yourself, and that is when you navigate to the Android USB DRIVER file in Android SDK.

It took me a few times, because the option to locate your own drivers isn't as obvious in Windows 7 than in Vista. I know I saw a walkthrough which all the correct menu options to choose. Lemme see if I can locate it for you.

EDIT: Found the steps!
    What I found with my Windows 7 laptop is that the USB drivers don’t install themselves automatically. What you can do is install them manually.

You can check if your Android USB drivers are installed by going to “Printers & Devices” on Windows 7. (and I think you can check Device Manager for other versions of Windows).

If you see Android device with a warning or question mark (like seen in below screenshot), simply do right click then click properties. You should then be able to find “Update Driver” where you can update it with the usb drivers found in your Android SDK directory. (\usb_driver)
    This was the only problem I really encountered with rooting on Windows 7. Ask in here if you have any other problems!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

You've created a MONSTER, pun intended!!!

So the following thread " N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen " in this Forum seems to be a catch all for the process to follow. You started all this, so should I follow those directions? AND!! I thought you are only on here at night? I recall that you are nocturnal? I guess that's a good thing though , that you're here now.

You've created a MONSTER, pun intended!!!

So the following thread " N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen " in this Forum seems to be a catch all for the process to follow. You started all this, so should I follow those directions? AND!! I thought you are only on here at night? I recall that you are nocturnal? I guess that's a good thing though , that you're here now.

Ah! I saw that guide yesterday. Seems very thorough! Doesn't seem like anything is missing. I say use that guide, then poke around in the links on the first post of this forum if you need any extra help.

Rooting isn't bad REALLY! You definitely have don't some research already, so just keep a few tabs open on your browser with all the needed info, and you should be rooted within a hour or two.

But aha! Its sunday! I'll be here all day. :P We have lots of rooted folk in different countries in this thread, so even if I'm not on here, SOMEONE is always in here.

EDIT:
    I noticed he includes steps on how to ROOT WITH SUPERBOOT. Once you unlock your bootload with fastboot, you do NOT need to follow the steps with Superboot. Superboot is a alternative to Fastboot, but honestly, I've never used superboot because its more complicated than Fastboot.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I get this error when trying to install the SDK file : Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings.

So I'm stumped right out of the box, any ideas?

I get this error when trying to install the SDK file : Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings.

So I'm stumped right out of the box, any ideas?
    Go into the settings of the Android SDK, and check off FORCE http://.

@NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Best thing I could have ever done...i see why Cyanogen has such a big following...it is really an improvement with many, many options on the UI...I am testing different themes now.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

I am trying to maximize my battery usage...I have SetCPU and using Juice Defender...anyone recommend any others? Maybe I will try Power MAnager.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

quick question
    I was just wondering if there is an option on the phone to increase the vibrating haptic feedback on the capacitive buttons and an option to set contrast. i have 2 nexus one phones and on one the dark colors are richer and on one the capacitive buttons barely vibrate when you press them.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    quick question
    I was just wondering if there is an option on the phone to increase the vibrating haptic feedback on the capacitive buttons and an option to set contrast. i have 2 nexus one phones and on one the dark colors are richer and on one the capacitive buttons barely vibrate when you press them.
    I don't think so yet. I know its been asked before, but there isn't any option in any of the menus.

Apparently some just vibrate more than others? Have no idea why it would be like this. Some apps let you control the haptic feedback strength, but its not really possible to alter the softbutton/capactive buttons?

Same with contrast. I think it would have to be done in the coding of the phone? Or maybe a mod written up to change the vibration/contrast?

I'm wondering if certain apps or themes alter the vibration or not?

d1mitrov, are there major differences in your 2 nexus? Like as in one being rooted, one stock? Or one having a certain launcher and the other not? Because i've seen people ask the exact same question about one Nexus having much more vibrate than another with the softtouch buttons.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links