:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; guys im having trouble rooting my friend's phone. i unlocked bootloader and i flashed the amon_ra recovery image, every time i try to open the ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 128 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

guys im having trouble rooting my friend's phone. i unlocked bootloader and i flashed the amon_ra recovery image, every time i try to open the recovery screen it doesnt work. ive tried several times to push it over and over and it says that it has worked. doesnt work. i get android with !. im stuckkkk.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

nvm guys. i tried superboot method with his phone and it worked. its weird that bootloader wouldnt work. on his phone.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

hey,

i was just wondering what the difference was in the two methods of rooting (with and without superboot)? was planning on rooting mine soon but i couldn't understand why there were the two methods.

thank you!

I've rooted two N1's so far, both using superboot and both rooted successfully with no issues the first try. I have a guide i made that is linked in the first post of this thread. Check it out if you ever get lost rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    guys im having trouble rooting my friend's phone. i unlocked bootloader and i flashed the amon_ra recovery image, every time i try to open the recovery screen it doesnt work. ive tried several times to push it over and over and it says that it has worked. doesnt work. i get android with !. im stuckkkk.
    I'm having the same problem. I was able to boot into recovery from a command prompt with the phone plugged into my computer though. It worked well enough to flash Cyanogen's ROM. From there, I used Astro's file manager to install the Nextheme and HTC keyboard I wanted.

Now I got everything worked except one thing...
    Since I flahsed to Cyanogen Mod, it seems like weather/news app can't automatically location my location for weather. Does anyone knows what's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I was able to boot into recovery from a command prompt with the phone plugged into my computer though. It worked well enough to flash Cyanogen's ROM. From there, I used Astro's file manager to install the Nextheme and HTC keyboard I wanted.

If you are still having issues with the recovery screen, its the way you push the image. Its hard to say what you are doing wrong.... But I still use QuickBoot to get into recovery, or use the command prompt on computer.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    Now I got everything worked except one thing...
    Since I flahsed to Cyanogen Mod, it seems like weather/news app can't automatically location my location for weather. Does anyone knows what's going on here?
    Do you have GPS turned on? I have been using Beautiful Widgets over the weather app, so I can't say if its working or not. I'll check. Haven't seen anyone talk about this problem though.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Once New CM comes out, my Yahoo account will finally work over Wifi!! Can't wait!
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

for all the people that are trying to push amon ra and are getting the triangle with the exclamation mark you need to do this.

If the triangle with exclamation is showing when selecting RECOVERY from HBOOT, then flashing the recovery partition failed. Try it again with Fastboot. You can initiate recovery from ADB. With the phone connected to the PC type:
    Code:
    ADB devices then ADB reboot recovery
    Your phone will reboot into the custom recovery if it was successfully flashed.

If not, then restart the phone into FASTBOOT by holding the TRACKBALL+POWER. Confirm the recovery file you downloaded is able to run:
    Code:
    Fastboot boot recovery.img
    If this works, then repeat the step to restart the phone, and then flash the recovery image to the phone to make it permanent.
    Code:
    Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    These steps assume either your SDK tools are set properly in the environment path so you can execute them from any command prompt location or fastboot and the img file to flash are in the same directory.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Another possibility.. for those of your seeing the Droid with the ! in the triangle. Have you rooted yet? when i was rooting i noticed after running super boot i was able to go straight in to amon-ra with np.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links