:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ugh, okay, I guess I'll keep my N1 (I'm not at 14 days yet) but I want to root. I guess I'll read up on ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 131 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Ugh, okay, I guess I'll keep my N1 (I'm not at 14 days yet) but I want to root. I guess I'll read up on it and do it tonight.

Talking New cult member..

Just joined the rooting cult..

Thanks to neonmonster and other contributors to this thread..

.. will keep on reading!

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene2420 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and you guys seem like really nice/helpful people.

I'm a complete noob with this rooting stuff and I have some questions that are probably really dumb haha

1. When updates/new versions of Cyanogen come out do you have to repeat all the rooting steps?

2. What does "flashing" mean?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm really leaning towards rooting but I'm just scared something's going to go wrong haha.
    1. Cyanogen actually has a program called CM updater that allows you to go to that app and look for newest update, and it'll do it automatically for you. It wasn't available at first. But now it works for N1!!

2. Flash is the act of installing the operating system or part of the operating system on the phone. It is equivalent to updating BIOS on your motherboard, that process is called flashing as well.
    1. also wanted to note that rooting gives you admin right, so no you won't have to redo the rooting part all over. Just the flashing part that thomas mentioned which is like reinstalling the OS, except you only have to click one button :D

i voted too scared lol as ive only had my n1 for a few weeks and still dont understand what it means to root and what are the benefits of doing it apart from free apps

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    i voted too scared lol as ive only had my n1 for a few weeks and still dont understand what it means to root and what are the benefits of doing it apart from free apps
    your getting rooting and jailbreaking mixed up.

Jailbreak for the iphone you can get free apps. heck you can get free apps on android with out jailbreaking, neither procedure is legit.

Rooting = enabling admin rights on the phone. Gives you permissions to install custom android operating systems, use custom themes. It basically makes the phone true open source.

Someone needs to show this person the 'light'.. lol

There are a lot of benefits to rooting.
    - faster operation
    - new hacks that make the N1 much better i.e. waking the phone with the trackball instead of power button, different color track balls
    - add new themes
    - did i mention it's much faster?
    - load custom roms

i'm sure other people can come in here to add to the list

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post

- faster operation
    - new hacks that make the N1 much better i.e. waking the phone with the trackball instead of power button, different color track balls
    - add new themes
    - load custom roms

TONS more free ram. my phone has been on for days and i'm sitting at 154mb ram free. If i reboot the phone it's well over 200mb free and that's with a good 10 apps running in the background.

Install apps to the sd card. I have about 60 apps installed and still have 178mb out of 190mb free for my system storage. because they are all on the sd card :D

- faster operation
    - add new themes
    - load custom roms

cheers for turning the light on i did indeed think it was like jailbreaking now i'm going to check out how to do it even if it takes me all night,now to search for tuition on here

- faster operation
    - add new themes
    - load custom roms

cheers for turning the light on i did indeed think it was like jailbreaking now i'm going to check out how to do it even if it takes me all night,now to search for tuition on here
    Neon has posted a great starting point in post #1. if you have questions, there are plenty of people here to help you along the way.

- faster operation
    - add new themes
    - load custom roms

Hmmm not sure what ya need tuition for but if your looking for a tutorial just click the guide in my sig :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links