:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by diablos991 Originally Posted by SubyWill is anyone else having problems with the new setcpu update??? i can't go past 245mhz now!!!!! Did ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 135 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    is anyone else having problems with the new setcpu update??? i can't go past 245mhz now!!!!!
    Did you auto detect again? Mine is working fine.
    yeah, i've been talking to the dev.

a simple re-install fixed the problem lol.
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

When it comes to pirated applications, talking about them is not allowed in this forum or this thread.

What you do is your own choice, but it shouldn't be discussed in this thread or forum.

Use repositories at your own discretion but remember that developers aren't able to develop without some money.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by kmk108 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I was trying to root yesterday but got stuck at the command step. I'm using a mac, and it seems like there's only one guide for using a mac.

When I get to these steps:
    12. Type ‘./fastboot devices‘ to make sure your phone is recognized
    (it should list a device number rather than simply returning to
    command prompt with no feedback).
    13. Type ‘./fastboot oem unlock‘ to unlock the bootloader (wohoo, your phone is now rooted!)

I get this message:
    -bash: ./fastboot: No such file or directory

I followed all of the previous steps correctly, so I don't know what's going on.

any ideas?
    Are you in the same directory as the fastboot file?
    I type cd /Applications/android-sdk_mac_86/tools (which is where fastboot is located)
    and then ./fastboot devices on the next line
    I only played with Linux for a while, so I can't remember much, but can you try something like

ls fastboot

to confirm that the fastboot file exists?

Or just try

./fastboot

and see if it lists the functions that the fastboot file can provide.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction

And being on a Mac is good, you can use the DoubleTwist application for Android which works like iTunes. Read about it on the Androidtapp RSS.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    When it comes to pirated applications, talking about them is not allowed in this forum or this thread.

What you do is your own choice, but it shouldn't be discussed in this thread or forum.

Use repositories at your own discretion but remember that developers aren't able to develop without some money.
    exactly why im not giving out any information and not encouraging anyone to use it!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

I type cd /Applications/android-sdk_mac_86/tools (which is where fastboot is located)
    and then ./fastboot devices on the next line
    On a Mac you can also just type cd on the command line and then drag the folder you want to cd to onto the command line. The OS does all the typing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post

exactly why im not giving out any information and not encouraging anyone to use it!
    I've been a pirate for many years. Every OS, application, music, movies etc. The only thing up until android that i payed for was pc games.

I have stumbled across a couple of the "black market" sites but for once i'm not interested in it. I want android to dominate the market and paying the devs for their software is how each user contributes to google taking over the world lol

I think I finally got it rooted. I hit a few bumps, but it took probably a total of an hour or so for everything to work. Here's the issues I ran into:

The first issue was an issue that I wasn't aware of until I was trying to load the .zip files from the sd card to the phone. Safari has a habit of automatically opening "safe" files. That means that when you download the .zip files, safari automatically unzips the files and turns it into a regular folder. Re-zipping doesn't work because the phone says it's not verified. Instead, go to safari's preferences, and under the general tab, uncheck "automatically open safe files".

The second issue was the one I posted here. Instead of following the guide to the T and typing ./fastboot, it worked to just drag the fastboot file and then enter the command.

Those were the only two issues I had, and I'm now happily rooted and already seeing a speed difference.

just to update for those concerened with warranty, as i stated before my external speaker went out in my nexus i called htc and got a replacement sent out after putting a 529 deposit on a cc, well i got my replacement and the deposit has officially been credited back to the cc, so in a jist htc WILL cover HARDWARE issues, its just up to them to decide what is a hardware issue
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Everyone take the plunge. Don't be scared. No one in the history of this thread has damaged their phone #fact. Just do as much as you can and when you bump into some speed bumps, ask in this thread there is usually someone willing to help. So stop being shook and get rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Everyone take the plunge. Don't be scared. No one in the history of this thread has damaged their phone #fact. Just do as much as you can and when you bump into some speed bumps, ask in this thread there is usually someone willing to help. So stop being shook and get rooting.
    im sayin....my skype and gtalk should be listed in the original post of this thread. i dont know how many times ive told people to msg me if they have a hard time rooting...
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links