:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've been itching to root my n1 but the directions look pretty complicated :< I think it's more complicated than when I jailbreak my iphone ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 136 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

I've been itching to root my n1 but the directions look pretty complicated :< I think it's more complicated than when I jailbreak my iphone and stuff. XD

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I've been itching to root my n1 but the directions look pretty complicated :< I think it's more complicated than when I jailbreak my iphone and stuff. XD
    Roxy! I thought you would have rooted your Nexus by now! You seem like the type who would instantly do that.

The directions SEEM confusing at first, because many of them are raw commands, that people coming from Apple products aren't used to. Rooting is mostly a manual operation line by line, while compared to jailbreaking, which is more of getting the correct program and hitting one button to jailbreak it.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Question for ya'll...

How many times during rooting did you guys have to pull the battery/restart the phone because it froze during rooting? I'm going to root this week while I have the time, following ScottyPimpin's guide

Quote Originally Posted by Gene2420 View Post
    Question for ya'll...

How many times during rooting did you guys have to pull the battery/restart the phone because it froze during rooting? I'm going to root this week while I have the time, following ScottyPimpin's guide
    The only time I EVER had to pull battery was after rooting when I had problems flashing the recovery image on. You get the default android with yellow ! mark, and the only way out is to pull the battery.

Be careful and give your Nexus some time when booting. Pulling the battery while flashing the radio can brick the Nexus, so take it slow!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Question for ya'll...

once, during the rooting process.. thought I bricked it or something, lol. My old Sony Ericsson phone would be bricked then but I think Android isn't like that :P
    You can just pull the battery and do it again, kinda :D
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

None. After rooting though, I stupidly recovered back to stock ROM, and lost my AmonRA recovery image and had to pull battery then trying to figure out how to get the AmonRA recovery image back on the phone. Figured it out finally by going to previous version of AmonRA and worked out just fine!!!

Question for ya'll...

Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Which ROM did you all use? I keep going back and forth with Cyanogen, MoDaCo, and Enomther. I like Sense UI (MoDaCo), but I like Enomther's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
    Which ROM did you all use? I keep going back and forth with Cyanogen, MoDaCo, and Enomther. I like Sense UI (MoDaCo), but I like Enomther's the best.
    Enom is cyanogen, but with a custom theme added to it. Modaco is a whole different rom in itself. If i'm not mistaken Modaco has bluetooth issues?? Heard something about it but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Enom is cyanogen, but with a custom theme added to it. Modaco is a whole different rom in itself. If i'm not mistaken Modaco has bluetooth issues?? Heard something about it but i could be wrong.
    Yes, Modaco has bluetooth issues. But I never use bluetooth though. I'm probably going to revert back to Cyanogen when 5.0.6-N1 is released because you can finally use wifi with Yahoo Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Do you know where I can find a pic of the Theme difference between Enom and Cyanogen?
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links