:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by thechump That's actually kind of reassuring. I thought it was just me having issues. I can't get a recovery ROM to flash ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 142 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    That's actually kind of reassuring. I thought it was just me having issues. I can't get a recovery ROM to flash properly. However, when I use fastboot to boot in recovery 1.6.2, the phone successfully enters recovery mode. Also, I use Astro to install themes now. I managed to get Nextheme to work that way. Running Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 now too.
    , use a non bit 64 machine see if that helps but good thing you got the themes to work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    That's actually kind of reassuring. I thought it was just me having issues. I can't get a recovery ROM to flash properly. However, when I use fastboot to boot in recovery 1.6.2, the phone successfully enters recovery mode. Also, I use Astro to install themes now. I managed to get Nextheme to work that way. Running Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 now too.
    , use a non bit 64 machine see if that helps but good thing you got the themes to work for you.
    I think I'll try it on my old windows server 2003 machine. It would be nice to be able to just boot into recovery from the phone.

Hey you guys who used their PCs to flash recovery & can't get it on their phones. Try to get it on your phones using an app called terminal emulator. That's what I went from old recovery to the 1.7.0 one. Let me know if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Hey you guys who used their PCs to flash recovery & can't get it on their phones. Try to get it on your phones using an app called terminal emulator. That's what I went from old recovery to the 1.7.0 one. Let me know if you need help.
    Terminal Emulator wouldn't work for me. I'll try it again when I get home from work in about 30 mins. I'll be in touch.

Oh did it refuse to give you super user permission? Was this before or after you rooted?

Oh did it refuse to give you super user permission? Was this before or after you rooted?
    I'm having trouble remembering but yes, i think it wasn't giving me permission. Terminal Emulator would have been after I rooted but before i flashed a ROM. Now, I'm at a point where i have a rom and theme I want. I just want to be able to boot into recovery without using my computer. Also, having a working version of 1.7 would be nice.

Give it another go, I think cyanogen ROM gives access to super user permissions. Could be wrong but worth a shot.

Give it another go, I think cyanogen ROM gives access to super user permissions. Could be wrong but worth a shot.

ok refresh my memory real quick...what commands am I supposed to do? I just put the recovery image on my SD card.

I would rename it to just recovery.img if I was you because Terminal emulator would not let me type in numbers for some reason

Copy recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    su(press enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img(press enter)
    reboot recovery(press enter)

Let me know how it goes.

I would rename it to just recovery.img if I was you because Terminal emulator would not let me type in numbers for some reason

Copy recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    su(press enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img(press enter)
    reboot recovery(press enter)

Let me know how it goes.

Holy crap! It worked! I'm finally totally up-to-date.

Hey, what are your thoughts on updating the radio? Does that give better reception?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links