:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys how good is the stock MicroSD card? Should I upgrade to a new one before rooting?...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 144 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Hey guys how good is the stock MicroSD card? Should I upgrade to a new one before rooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene2420 View Post
    Hey guys how good is the stock MicroSD card? Should I upgrade to a new one before rooting?

For just rooting no need to get a new SD card, if you plan on going Apps2SD then a class 6 SD card would be best.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    I HATE THIS PHONE!!!!!! J/K.

The draw of this phone to tweak it is just TOO GREAT!!! I just can't leave it alone. And now with APPS2SD, I can do whatever and all my apps are STILL THERE!!! GEEZ, devs, stop making it SOOOOOO EASY!!!

I got the phone perfect. then I decided to try out the 5.0.6-Test!!!! WHY! MY PHONE WAS PERFECT!!!
    What good changes did you notice on 5.0.6? Can't wait.

I just flashed the Desire ROM last night. It is really cool looking but takes up way too much space. Also, it is pretty laggy, flash doesn't really work and the alarm clock didn't go off this morning....time to switch back to cyanogen. One thing, on the latest Cyanogen, you can't use Apps2SD right?

Yeah you can. You on about 5.0.5.3 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Yeah you can. You on about 5.0.5.3 right?
    Yeah I'm using 5.0.5.3, but when i go to settings Apps2SD is grayed out. Is there something else I need to do to activate it?

yeah you need to partition your sdcard first. Which will wipe everything on it, so before you do, backup everything on it, onto your PC. Then you boot into recovery and select partition sdcard. That's where you select how much space you wanna allocate to apps & depending on the class of your sdcard you choose what ext to set it to between ext2, 4 & 6. Mine is class 2 so I just left it at ext 2. And your meant to set the swap to 0 so I have read. Then when you boot your phone backup you will be able to select apps2sd.

yeah you need to partition your sdcard first. Which will wipe everything on it, so before you do, backup everything on it, onto your PC. Then you boot into recovery and select partition sdcard. That's where you select how much space you wanna allocate to apps & depending on the class of your sdcard you choose what ext to set it to between ext2, 4 & 6. Mine is class 2 so I just left it at ext 2. And your meant to set the swap to 0 so I have read. Then when you boot your phone backup you will be able to select apps2sd.
    Cool. I figured it was something like that. I'll give it a try, just installed a new 8 gig class 6 card in there. I'll fix it later this morning and let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post
    Cool. I figured it was something like that. I'll give it a try, just installed a new 8 gig class 6 card in there. I'll fix it later this morning and let you know how it goes.
    Well, I screwed up. I partitioned the SD card just fine. Before I did that, I backed up everything onto my work computer. However, i forgot to put everything back on the SD card before wiping the phone (to go back to cyanogen). Now, the phone won't boot up so i can put stuff back on the SD Card. Is there anything I can do to get the phone to boot up enough for me to put data back on the SD card?

Well, I screwed up. I partitioned the SD card just fine. Before I did that, I backed up everything onto my work computer. However, i forgot to put everything back on the SD card before wiping the phone (to go back to cyanogen). Now, the phone won't boot up so i can put stuff back on the SD Card. Is there anything I can do to get the phone to boot up enough for me to put data back on the SD card?
    I think where you screwed up was wiping the cyanogen. You were not supposed to do any wiping. Partitioning the sd card was just going to wipe all the data on the card. But can you not boot into recovery or something? Or maybe taking the Sdcard out and putting it into your PC to get the data back on it, instead of through the usb cable?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links