:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Zindol Originally Posted by thechump Originally Posted by thechump Cool. I figured it was something like that. I'll give it a try, ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 145 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thechump View Post

Cool. I figured it was something like that. I'll give it a try, just installed a new 8 gig class 6 card in there. I'll fix it later this morning and let you know how it goes.
    Well, I screwed up. I partitioned the SD card just fine. Before I did that, I backed up everything onto my work computer. However, i forgot to put everything back on the SD card before wiping the phone (to go back to cyanogen). Now, the phone won't boot up so i can put stuff back on the SD Card. Is there anything I can do to get the phone to boot up enough for me to put data back on the SD card?
    I think where you screwed up was wiping the cyanogen. You were not supposed to do any wiping. Partitioning the sd card was just going to wipe all the data on the card. But can you not boot into recovery or something? Or maybe taking the Sdcard out and putting it into your PC to get the data back on it, instead of through the usb cable?
    Actually, i was wiping the Desire ROM so i could put Cyanogen back on. Unfortunately, I forgot to put all my backed up data back onto the SD card before wiping. My work computer doesn't have a multi card reader in it so the only way for me to put data back on the sd card is through the phone. Also, my last nandroid backup is for cyanogen, not stock android. Is there a way for me to restore just regular vanilla android using recovery mode?

I get ya, am thinking best way is to get your nandroid file back onto your sd card somehow. Like mailing it to a pc where you can put your card into.

You can reflash a stock ROM on your phone. Just go to xda-developers and look for it. And just go to Recovery mode, USB-MS, it will allow you to link with your phone and put any file you want onto the SD card without booting up all the way. In that case you can put your Nandroid backups if you still have them on your computer.

USB-MS on the recovery image works the same way as Mount does in your phone.

Well, I screwed up. I partitioned the SD card just fine. Before I did that, I backed up everything onto my work computer. However, i forgot to put everything back on the SD card before wiping the phone (to go back to cyanogen). Now, the phone won't boot up so i can put stuff back on the SD Card. Is there anything I can do to get the phone to boot up enough for me to put data back on the SD card?
    I think where you screwed up was wiping the cyanogen. You were not supposed to do any wiping. Partitioning the sd card was just going to wipe all the data on the card. But can you not boot into recovery or something? Or maybe taking the Sdcard out and putting it into your PC to get the data back on it, instead of through the usb cable?
    Actually, i was wiping the Desire ROM so i could put Cyanogen back on. Unfortunately, I forgot to put all my backed up data back onto the SD card before wiping. My work computer doesn't have a multi card reader in it so the only way for me to put data back on the sd card is through the phone. Also, my last nandroid backup is for cyanogen, not stock android. Is there a way for me to restore just regular vanilla android using recovery mode?
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I'm SUPER happy with my nexus currently. Every thing runs smoothly, and I have pretty much stopped getting FCs unless it is a bad app. I'm not trying to ruin my layout, so I haven't really been playing around with roms.
    I'm with you @Neonmonster, phone is perfect right now, and after a failed attempt to use 5.0.6-test1, I think I will stay put for a while. For some reason, that I don't yet understand, my dropped call rate has decreased to nothing, even with NexTHEME on. I am reassessing my earlier assumption that the themes were causing problems with my phone.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    You can reflash a stock ROM on your phone. Just go to xda-developers and look for it. And just go to Recovery mode, USB-MS, it will allow you to link with your phone and put any file you want onto the SD card without booting up all the way. In that case you can put your Nandroid backups if you still have them on your computer.

I'll give this a try. Will I need to install the Nexus One USB Drivers for this to work or will it just plug-and-play like a usb flash drive?

While I used the computer that already has the setting due to SDK package installed, I got to it no problem. But USB mount and USB-MS work in the same way as a storage device, and your computer should recognize it as such and install proper drivers to make it work. I'm sure you will be fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post

I'll give this a try. Will I need to install the Nexus One USB Drivers for this to work or will it just plug-and-play like a usb flash drive?
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

the new camera with 5.0.6 is going to be sweeeeeeet
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0