:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by disbj4ke Originally Posted by thomaslkuo Originally Posted by disbj4ke ok so not sure what happened lol. I was just now posting that ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 15 of 163 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by disbj4ke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    ok so not sure what happened lol. I was just now posting that i was all complete and everything went smooth. Now my phone just keeps doing the standard google load up screen/Cyanogen load screen. So yeah. I might have screwed up something :confused::suicide:
    I think that happened to me. Did you try pulling the battery out and put it back in, and power back up again?

yeah just keeps doing the same thing. Going to try and reflash the rom again.

EDIT: got it up and running CynogenMod now yay. (did another wipe and reflashed)
    Congrats! I was just gonna ask you if you did a wipe before flashing Rom. Now go get all the goodies!!

[quote=thomaslkuo;25353][quote=disbj4ke;25349]
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Congrats! I was just gonna ask you if you did a wipe before flashing Rom. Now go get all the goodies!!
    hmmm my market is gone, along with Gmail and several other things. I can't do much of anything. Is there a way for me to download the market? and whenever i try and add my Gmail account to sync up all my contacts my 3G icon turns to an H.

you can just call me a retard. I havent slept in a while. I found what i did. er didnt do actually.

Does that mean you found the Google Apps? Cyanogen is not able to include google apps, but if you look there is a link to GAPPS. It has all the standard google apps and marketplace.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Does that mean you found the Google Apps? Cyanogen is not able to include google apps, but if you look there is a link to GAPPS. It has all the standard google apps and marketplace.

Yeah I downloaded the GAPPS but the lack of sleep and freaking out from thinking i might have possibly bricked my nexus I forgot to flash it onto my phone. Everything is up and running. got Cyanogen, GAPPS, and Kspec theme so far. Any others i should look into getting.

Yeah I downloaded the GAPPS but the lack of sleep and freaking out from thinking i might have possibly bricked my nexus I forgot to flash it onto my phone. Everything is up and running. got Cyanogen, GAPPS, and Kspec theme so far. Any others i should look into getting.
    I would say try Modaco Desire Rom!

I downloaded it and was ready to flash it over, but I didn't want to have to redownload all my apps again after settling down with Cyanogen.

Always make sure to do Nandroid backups if you are gonna play with multiple roms.

If you want some fun rooted apps, I'd say try Nexus Torch and get Titanium Backup Premium.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I downloaded it and was ready to flash it over, but I didn't want to have to redownload all my apps again after settling down with Cyanogen.

Always make sure to do Nandroid backups if you are gonna play with multiple roms.

If you want some fun rooted apps, I'd say try Nexus Torch and get Titanium Backup Premium.
    Your purpose of this thread is finally served. It just took creating new rooted user to get there... Ha ha...

If Titanium Backup can save you from redownloading all your apps, then nothing can stop you from trying Desire ROM!! I just got Titanium Backup, gonna see if it indeed saves all the apps, then I may try Desire just to see... Hmmm.... Does this spell the beginning of the end for me????

I can't take this anymore. Im attempting to unlock and root right now. Wish me luck on not ending up with a sweet looking paper weight. Been reading up on unlocking and rooting for the passed couple hours.
    Yay! Neon converted yet another person to the Dark Side! Congrats on your successful root, it IS nerve wrecking, isn't it? I did it with sweat dripping everywhere, could hardly hold the N1 it was so slippery :rofl3:

But you did it!

Edit: ooh Thomas you are a brave man... let us know what happened :D I would not go through all this for the world... not until Cyanogen brings out a new version anyway...
    My sigs keep getting

ok after reading through this entire thread, i am really intrigued by this whole rooting thing, i have had my nexus for about a month, its kinda laggy. what kinda maintenance has to be done after the phone is rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by D_Toma View Post
    ok after reading through this entire thread, i am really intrigued by this whole rooting thing, i have had my nexus for about a month, its kinda laggy. what kinda maintenance has to be done after the phone is rooted?
    Just have to keep up with Cyanogen and see if he releases any new updates to the ROM, you won't be getting OTA's any more. He usually incorporates new leaks to OTA updates before they are available to general public. The last Build that came out was ERE27, and ERE36B and EPE54B is already out, and we stock ROM hasn't changed, so the Mod world is far faster to get updates. Some updates are good some aren't, so if you aren't ready to face potential consequences you shouldn't do it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links