:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by khook1061 The browser shutting is a bug with the Nexblue theme he updated the theme you may want to try the update ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 159 of 163 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1623

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by khook1061 View Post
    The browser shutting is a bug with the Nexblue theme he updated the theme you may want to try the update out.
    Ah! Now someone tells me!

My marketplace stopped working, and I assumed it was because of the latest Marketplace update.

Completely redid my Nexus, from scratch with Cyanogen 5.0.6, NexTheme, goodies, and the Desire camera!

I'm loving HelixLauncher2! It replaced Home++ right now.

Also, I removed a bunch of the stupid stock apps, like AmazonMP3 and stock Browser and some other useless things!

It takes so long to set this phone up! I'ma be angry if I have to do it again soon.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quick question for the already rooted...after all the assurances that the custom ROM makers will provide any/all updates that android will have to offer (most notably flash implementation) did any of you get extra protection for your nexus one first just in case it got bricked? I've been wanting to get an insurance policy from state farm for my N1 before rooting but not sure if it's really that necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaKoNe View Post
    Quick question for the already rooted...after all the assurances that the custom ROM makers will provide any/all updates that android will have to offer (most notably flash implementation) did any of you get extra protection for your nexus one first just in case it got bricked? I've been wanting to get an insurance policy from state farm for my N1 before rooting but not sure if it's really that necessary.
    So far, on ANY forum, i have YET to see a truly "bricked" Nexus.

really, the worst thing that I've ever encountered was getting stuck in looping bootscreen, where the starting screen with the X would continually freeze then reboot.

But you are still able to turn the phone on into Recovery and able to re-flash roms.

It might still be a good idea to get insurance for the event that your Nexus is broken or stolen...... but as long as you research the rooting technique and follow EACH step slowly, the chance of you damaging your phone by rooting is under 0%.

Of course, I can't say you CAN'T or WON'T damage your phone...... its just very unlikely. There are SO many tutorials and videos all over the internet already on how to root the Nexus I think you are in good hands!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Notch another one in the yes column just finished rooting woohoo! Now time to try and figure out all these choices of themes...

The only thing you need to think about it which one to try first! And if you don't like, you just install another one in about 2 minutes. LOL

God, I LOVE this phone!!

Don't forget EXCLAMATION ANDROID!!
    That's kinda scary.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaKoNe View Post
    So far, on ANY forum, i have YET to see a truly "bricked" Nexus.

really, the worst thing that I've ever encountered was getting stuck in looping bootscreen, where the starting screen with the X would continually freeze then reboot.

But you are still able to turn the phone on into Recovery and able to re-flash roms.

It might still be a good idea to get insurance for the event that your Nexus is broken or stolen...... but as long as you research the rooting technique and follow EACH step slowly, the chance of you damaging your phone by rooting is under 0%.

Of course, I can't say you CAN'T or WON'T damage your phone...... its just very unlikely. There are SO many tutorials and videos all over the internet already on how to root the Nexus I think you are in good hands!
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Well I rooted like yesterday and spent the rest of the time reading the 1500+ posts before I posted in here. This thread is a disaster to anyone that hasn't been following from the begining, but oh well! Here is what I have to say:

I'm rooted. CM 5.06 with UV/OC kernal. My phone was fast when I got it but after time and getting apps and stuff it seemed to lag at points, now the phone is amazingly fast. Will update how battery life is I am draining now for a full charge.

I am a super dooper noob and rooted based on the links on page 1 here and Scotty's tutorial. Therefore you can do it. After reading every post in here I believe most people get held up not following directions STEP BY STEP. Also most people get held up with the SDK and finding their phone, so DON'T go further until you did this.
    Although my opinion I would follow this tutorial of getting a screen shot of your phone. This will not only assure your computer recognizes your phone, but you are also comfortable with these processes:
    How to take screenshots on the Google Nexus One - Know Your Mobile
    rooting was almost 'easy' after doing that and following directions because I already had a 'feel'.

I used a Windows 7 64bit computer, no problems

I would like to say how much it sucks to not be able to have tools like Titanium backup and ROMmanager before rooting. These tools make life so much easier, but you can't use them until AFTER you are all rooted and trying to get your info back!

Speaking of ROM Manager! LOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEE IT. Check it out from the market. Get the pro version its like $3. Almost ALL of the ROMs and many themes are updated on it and update automatically. Simply find the ROM you want, click on it, it will download, click to install, it will AUTOMATICALLY install it and ask if you want to wipe or backup. Plus you are always updated on your ROMs. There are also the kernals in there too.
    To switch ROM normally you download it on your computer, put it on your phone, fastboot, make a backup, possibly make commands, etc, etc. With ROM Manager you click to download and click to install!! Just download any kernel and put in on your SD card and click flash from 'sd card' and it will reboot - backup (optionally wipe) - extract and install.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Hey Neon does nexblue-v6 always have a market fail? My market has gone with nexblue.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

RE: Trackball notificatins and succession.

I am using 'Trackball Alert PRO' from market and has let me set the color and duration and everything of about every alert possible on my phone.
    Is there something this program is not giving me that the ever so complex succession instructions from XDA is giving?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I have just installed CM 5.0.7-N1-Test1 from Index of /android/nexus/testing and its great.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links