:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; what potential consequences are you referring too, i love my phone but i know it is capable of so much more which is why im ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 16 of 163 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

what potential consequences are you referring too, i love my phone but i know it is capable of so much more which is why im considering rooting

Quote Originally Posted by D_Toma View Post
    what potential consequences are you referring too, i love my phone but i know it is capable of so much more which is why im considering rooting
    There is always a potential to turn your phone into a brick if you do not follow the instructions outlined by the guys that make these mod's. If you don't do it right, there is a potential that when you turn on your phone it would just hang there on the boot up screen and boot up. There's the potential that some APPS might force close more often than on stock rom. So far, there isn't any of those problems on mine, and actually there have been LESS force closed on custom rom than on stock rom, though...

from what ive read, very few have had bad experiences, the videos make it look easy, just nervous about destroying a $600 phone

I don't even remember what a force close is anymore since rooting.

itd be wonderful if i had someone next to me literally walk me through it

I'm with you. I've been itching to do it for weeks, but with my luck, I'd be the one who bricks a phone. I haven't hacked a phone since the HTC Tilt years ago.

itd be wonderful if i had someone next to me literally walk me through it

ive never hacked a phone PERIOD, this is my first android so i wanted to go with the best

didnt i read that someone walked zindol through it on google voice?

Yeah I had got stuck installing the recovery image on my phone and thomas helped me get it right in the end. I did it wrong at first, tried to go into recovery mode, my phone rebooted with that android and the yellow exclamation mark on it. Couldn't turn it off or exit so I took the battery out and put it back in. Then when I pressed power my phone wouldn't turn on. Just the 'charging' indacator light was flashing green and yellow. I was convinced I had bricked my device, I can definately understand how you feel by fearing to brick a $600 phone. I was very annoyed with myself at that point, but I kept trying then I must have pressed the power button a certain way coz it came back on. Long story short, Thomas walked me through doing it the right way, also talked me through the rest of the process, which is quite simple after you install the recovery image properly. Thats the trickiest part for a beginner in my opionion.

While I'nm not confident enough to walk you through the whole process I do have a couple of tips and will offer my help where I can and feel I have enough knowledge experience to do so. So...

Don't quote me but apparently you can't really brick your phone unless you try install one of the radio update ROMs or whatever their called. Apparently you have to follow the intrustions with great precision or else you kiss your phone goodbye.

2ndly I would say do the process in bits so It does not overwhelm you. I'd advice you to first read the instructions and download all the ROMs and software you need to carryout the whole process which are

-Latest Stable Cyanogen ROM
    -Google Addon (Gapps) or sumn like that.
    - Recovery image
    - And the SDK to install the drivers.

See if you can get that done before you start.

Once thats done rooting your phone is fairly simple, its the installing the recovery image that baffled me. Installing the ROM and addon aint that difficult either.

didnt i read that someone walked zindol through it on google voice?
    Haha, while in a sales meeting!!! Don't forget that part! PM me if you want, I can try and help...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links