:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am so tempted to root. Question is what do you lose when you root. & what happens when google does OTA updates? How will ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

I am so tempted to root. Question is what do you lose when you root. & what happens when google does OTA updates? How will you get them on a rooted phone?

Oh yeah and NeonMonster how long did the rooting process take?

It's threads like these that make me wanna root my Nexus 1. Im so very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by gnk2727 View Post
    It's threads like these that make me wanna root my Nexus 1. Im so very tempted.
    Its well worth it to root! I say do it!

I was hung up about unlocking the loader, but I'm glad I took the plunge. I decided that I'm keeping the phone either way, and if i have to sell it eventually, I know friends who would buy it rooted/unlocked.

The nexus should just come this way.

I'm having some issues with the radio, involving data not working on 3G in certain spots. I think i just need to update the radio image but I'm trying to avoid that for now. Will eventually after some more research.

Cyanogen runs VERY fast. I had over 40 apps running, majority of them heavy background apps and the screens and apps still opened and closed very quickly. Haven't found any problems with apps running.

Before using the stock, i would average have about 20-30mb of free ram. Now I usually have about 250mb.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Oh yeah and NeonMonster how long did the rooting process take?
    *cough* *cough*

[QUOTE=Zindol;24461] what happens when google does OTA updates? How will you get them on a rooted phone?

Im interested in this too

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    You need to do some researching and searching on this site!

I used a combination of sites.

Full Update Guide - Nexus One Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

Video: How to unlock and root a Nexus One – Android and Me

Unlock and Root a Nexus One - Nexus one - Lifehacker

I also flipped around all over XDA and here searching for help.

I'm using Cyanogen 5.0.4.1 with Google Addon.
    Amon RA 1.6

Cyanogen has the trackball messaging notification built in, but I added on for the trackball succession:
    [MOD] Trackball Notifications in Succession [v 0.4] - xda-developers

The hardest part I encountered was the ADB commands. Once you get the ADB commands down, then the actual flashing/booting is extremely easy.
    I have these sources bookmarked for when the VZW Nexus One comes out so i won't get any paid apps untill I root but Android and me's complete website guide makes me see as rooting my phone less of a worry . BTW can you overclock to like 1.1ghz?

[quote=Diego318;24517]
    what happens when google does OTA updates? How will you get them on a rooted phone?

Don't quote me on this because i haven't rooted yet.... but when your running a custom rom on any phone you can't get the OTA update.

The OTA is pushed to google version roms but when you have a custom cooked rom it's like having a whole different OS. Your at the cooks mercy that made the rom to keep the rom up to date.

*cough* *cough*
    From start to finish without EVERY rooting before, it took about 2 hours because I got lost along the way a few times. I had researched the rooting before, but didn't get into it until i started.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
    what happens when google does OTA updates? How will you get them on a rooted phone?
    I don't think you will get updates OTA after rooting. With the first update, it was available to download way before the OTA started going out, and developers are VERY fast to update their roms. You would probably only have to wait 1-3 days longer to get the newest update.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpeegs View Post
    BTW can you overclock to like 1.1ghz?
    You can actually overclock it MUCH over 1.2ghz. I saw a video of someone with their Nexus overclocked at 1.5++ghz. But that is COMPLETELY overkill.

I have no clue what you would be doing with the phone over clocked that much. Other than killing the battery, it would probably fry the hardware.

I haven't overclocked, and the Nexus with Cyanogen is still BLAZING faster than the stock settings.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    *cough* *cough*
    From start to finish without EVERY rooting before, it took about 2 hours because I got lost along the way a few times. I had researched the rooting before, but didn't get into it until i started.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post

I don't think you will get updates OTA after rooting. With the first update, it was available to download way before the OTA started going out, and developers are VERY fast to update their roms. You would probably only have to wait 1-3 days longer to get the newest update.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpeegs View Post
    BTW can you overclock to like 1.1ghz?
    You can actually overclock it MUCH over 1.2ghz. I saw a video of someone with their Nexus overclocked at 1.5++ghz. But that is COMPLETELY overkill.

I have no clue what you would be doing with the phone over clocked that much. Other than killing the battery, it would probably fry the hardware.

I haven't overclocked, and the Nexus with Cyanogen is still BLAZING faster than the stock settings.
    You succeeded in pushing me over the edge! Thanks for the post, I read through the three sites you put down, plus read through a little of my own, and successfully rooted! You're absolutely correct. It is faster than stock!!!! By the way, where do you find wifi tether?

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    You succeeded in pushing me over the edge! Thanks for the post, I read through the three sites you put down, plus read through a little of my own, and successfully rooted! You're absolutely correct. It is faster than stock!!!! By the way, where do you find wifi tether?
    Congrats.

You should always try googling something before asking!

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

This site comes up first thing if you search "wifi tether android".

Download the latest one!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links