:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; ok color notifications arent workin for me, do i have to download the succession????...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 24 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

ok color notifications arent workin for me, do i have to download the succession????
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

So there is a way to back to the original android OS if you want to go back to stock. Why am I not rooted yet? I'm not familiar with this sort of stuff, and I've seen a lot of self proclaimed noobs on here telling their stories of success. I've read through all 23 pages, and I still want someone to help me out. Is there anyone *ahem* Thomas *ahem* Zindol *ahem* out there who van hold my hand through the process later tonight or sometime in the future?

I am sure the will, mad, and I really am a total noob on Android... though I have never been frightened of DOS (yes, I've been around that long) so that might have given me a tiny bit of a head start. Honestly though, there is nothing to be afraid off... just read the instructions really, really carefully. I don't even think you can brick your phone if you stick within the three files that are needed for Cyanogen's mod.

As my husband says all the time when he is doing woodwork:
    "Measure Twice, Cut Once" (after which he usually cries "OH NO!") :D
    My sigs keep getting

Haha. I'd say I'm familiar with PC's but I never use command prompt/DOS. I know the jist, I just want it done the right way first...I have work in a half hour so ill probably be back on the forums later on tonight (9:00 pm Pacific time) hope you guys aren't eastern people! If so ill probably just try it my self and ill log all the necessary steps of the root/flash and put them up on the boards for everyone like me...though help would be appreciated lol.

- Chad

Quote Originally Posted by D_Toma View Post
    ok color notifications arent workin for me, do i have to download the succession????
    without installing that succesion thing, the default notification colour should be green right?

Quote Originally Posted by bud760 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    why didnt you try paul's rom from modaco.com it has flash built in it
    is that the fastboot? what is the difference between pauls and Cyanogen?? is there anything that needs to be done to the sd card while rooting and is the sim card ok being left on the phone while rooting?
    Well I have Modoco's Desire Rom....u don't have to do anything to your sd card but u do have to wipe handset (i'd recommend doing a nand backup that way you can revert back to what you had at any time). Desire Rom has sense user interface and like they mentioned, flash...which is kinda buggy still but very cool. I don't have too much knowledge but if you have anymore questions feel free to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    So there is a way to back to the original android OS if you want to go back to stock. Why am I not rooted yet? I'm not familiar with this sort of stuff, and I've seen a lot of self proclaimed noobs on here telling their stories of success. I've read through all 23 pages, and I still want someone to help me out. Is there anyone *ahem* Thomas *ahem* Zindol *ahem* out there who van hold my hand through the process later tonight or sometime in the future?
    Check the links out neon posted on the first page read them a bit and watch the video to get the jist of things, then read through the dialogue me and D_Toma went through. It should cover most of the steps. & any questions you have inbetween that, I will be willing to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Haha. I'd say I'm familiar with PC's but I never use command prompt/DOS. I know the jist, I just want it done the right way first...I have work in a half hour so ill probably be back on the forums later on tonight (9:00 pm Pacific time) hope you guys aren't eastern people! If so ill probably just try it my self and ill log all the necessary steps of the root/flash and put them up on the boards for everyone like me...though help would be appreciated lol.

- Chad
    I'm on GMT time, but as soon as I see your problems and that I will be willing to help as best as I can.

So who is gonna be brave enough to overclock first? Apparently its real good on the battery if you reduce the voltage.

So I'm taking the root plunge. I'm at the section where I need to wipe but there are multiple options and I'm slightly confused on which to choose.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links