:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Red MacGregor advantage, non-subsidized phone purchase. Can rooting be done on a subsidized phone?...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by Red MacGregor View Post
    advantage, non-subsidized phone purchase.
    Can rooting be done on a subsidized phone?

sharing my experiences & thoughts....

the MoDaCo ROM is based on the soon-to-be-released HTC Desire and includes HTC's Sense UI (e.g., sorta like Home ++). it also includes native/integated MS Exchange functionality for email, calendar & contact sycning. sadly, no tasks or notes syncing. Cyan's ROMS are based on the Standard Android ROM with custom tweaks from him and other contributors. Both the MoDaCo & Cyan ROMS will have similar code, features and functionality but i view Cyan's releases as more stable.

the MoDaCo ROM has flash, but it's flash lite so it will not work on every site that uses flash. the hope is that Paul will get an updated/improved/near-production version for the Desire ROM that includes a better implementation of flash. some users are experiencing other issues with the ROM, e.g., such as keypad lights not dimming/coming on, unstable bluetooth, battery drain. the only issue i've encountered is unstable bluetooth. other than that, i've been using the Desire ROM for the past 2 weeks as my daily ROM.

i would not recommend using this ROM if you're new to rooting, flashing ROMS, etc., until MoDaCo has access to more stable versions. if you do venture to the wild side, get familiar with the Nandroid backup and restore process. (you should do this with any ROM you flash!) if something doesn't go as expected you can quickly recover to your previous ROM (i'm speaking from experience, lol)

i too was concerned about updates, but as demonstrated over the past 2 months, the updates hit Xda before they make it to our devices. it's my belief that one way or another we'll get the updates. i hope this doesn't change in the future!

Titanium Backup, Astro Explorer & Root Explorer are all good tools to backup your stuff! i'm using a program called Android Commander (from Xda) that allows you to drag-n-drop the apk's (the apps we install) from your device to your hard drive. once i discovered the location of the apk files, i make copies on my sdcard so i can quickly reinstall them.

i followed the same approach as many of you are now before i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my device. read, re-read, let it soak in and read again before taking the plunge. i hope my feedback is useful to you guys. sorry for the long post...

Quote Originally Posted by JREZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red MacGregor View Post
    advantage, non-subsidized phone purchase.
    Can rooting be done on a subsidized phone?
    doesn't matter...all nexus ones are the same OTB

i have been researching for weeks and might try rooting tomorrow because of ya'll. quick question...is there anything i need to do to my SD card (16gb Kingston class 2) other than copying the ROM and Amon_Ra recovery file to it.

anyone wanna try this before i do? :P

Android 4 Dummies Download

Quote Originally Posted by bud760 View Post
    anyone wanna try this before i do? :P

Android 4 Dummies Download
    You don't need to do anything to the SD other than get the recovery image and whatever rom you are using.

I kept having second thoughts about rooting my Nexus, and I randomly woke up at 5am determined to root it. I DID, and ended up missing a day of work because I took wayyy to long to do all the steps.

AND that Android 4 Dummies thing scares me. If you research and do it slowly, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason why you couldn't root it yourself.

I'd be really scared of using a developing program to root/flash roms on. Specially since you are dealing with the phones system and have no idea what the program is actually doing to your phone. It looks like that site/program is still fairly new and in testing, and I would NOT risk messing up my phone, specially involving a procedure that ends your phones warranty.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I'm still paranoid about bricking =[
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    You only really risk bricking the phone if you flash the radio from what I hear.

And that only happens if you take the battery out of the phone during the radio flashing process.... But I had to take the battery out of my nexus maybe 3-4 times during the rooting process cos my phone froze up.

Which is the main reason I haven't updated my radio yet.....
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

i read the same thing to re the radio flashing. for the ones that rooted their phones, how are all the apps working? how's the navigation or browsing? better?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    You only really risk bricking the phone if you flash the radio from what I hear.

And that only happens if you take the battery out of the phone during the radio flashing process.... But I had to take the battery out of my nexus maybe 3-4 times during the rooting process cos my phone froze up.

Which is the main reason I haven't updated my radio yet.....

I don't mind reinstalling apps I lose from the market, but which stock apps do you use when you root and it took me a while manually syncing my facebook contacts with the numbers and names in my phone book. Would I have to do this again?

Those are my biggeste concerns.

Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links