:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Windows 7 32-bit EDIT: And I just uninstalled the driver again, downloaded the seperate USB driver package, unzipped it, tried again, no luck....

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 43 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Windows 7 32-bit

EDIT: And I just uninstalled the driver again, downloaded the seperate USB driver package, unzipped it, tried again, no luck.

If you could, when windows can't find a driver it gives an option to browse files and add it manually correct?

I didn't see the option, but let me try again.

Quote Originally Posted by drsutphin View Post
    I didn't see the option, but let me try again.
    Also did you install the USB driver from Cyan's site or did you let SDK setup do it for you.

My intentions are to let windows launch New Hardware Wizard for you after you plug it in. I'm afraid if you installed USBdebug it already recognizes your phone. You probably won't need USBdebug as I installed functioning SDK in this laptop x64 as well as x32 of windows 7. You need to:
    1. let SDK install the USB driver
    2. plug in the phone
    3. and then when Wizard can't find a driver for it you select along the lines of "browse" and select the android sdk folder where it should ask
    you if you want to install Google ADB Interface device.

Initially let setup do it for me and it didn't work, so I continued with the instructions on how to remove the drivers and reinstall and it isn't working.

I manually tried adding the drivers through Device Manager, and it is still not working.

Quote Originally Posted by drsutphin View Post
    Initially let setup do it for me and it didn't work, so I continued with the instructions on how to remove the drivers and reinstall and it isn't working.

I manually tried adding the drivers through Device Manager, and it is still not working.
    Did SDK Setup.exe open up successfully? Did a windows titles "Choose Packages to Install" popup? Did you notice USB Driver Revision 3? Could you elaborate on the error or failure you got when you tried to install this particular "package"

EDIT: If you could also look at Device Manager and see what your nexus one is recognized as when you plug it into the computer. Without any program or purpose just let me know what windows sees the device as. There is a chance it may see it as a mass storage device.

I got SDK Setup.exe to run, I had to select "Force http://...", then I unselected everything except the USB driver package, revision 3. Installed it, then turned on USB debugging, plugged my phone into my computer, then it installed 3 drivers out of 4, the one that failed was simply called Nexus One. The others were ADB drivers that successfully installed. It said "Windows failed to install drivers." The only option I had was exit the error or click "What do I do if my device failed to install?" After clicking that, a help window opened and after searching on how to manually install drivers, I found the Device Manager section, manually browsed to the usb_drivers folder I downloaded and replaced with the one that I got from SDK Setup.exe, and it still failed.

I am starting from scratch, trying again.

That is what happens when I plug in my Nexus One to my computer.

It seems like you are doing everything right. USB driver installed without a hitch through SDK right? The problem is when you plug in your phone and windows automatically sees it already as nexus one. You need to go back to the basic point where it is seen as a brand new device.

And then follow the instruction on this site starting from the bottom of the screenshot of the android phone. Where it says "Now plug your phone in..."

EDIT: Exactly your computer is already recognizing it as Nexus One. You need to find that on your device manager and get rid of it. You need to go back to the state where windows sees it as a new device and yea..what I said before.

Well, I have tried everything I can think of to get back to square one, but my biggest concern is on this website, under the section "Im not getting a notification of Android ADB when i plug in my USB": [GUIDE] ADB, Fastboot, and Nandroid for Noobs - xda-developers

It says that when I open USBDeview to remove the Android drivers, I should see 3. All I see is that one that says Nexus One. None of the drivers have HTC or Android in any description.

This is so frustrating, sigh. I just removed everything I could from my computer and I am trying again. I am not sure if I will be able to get my computer to recognize the phone as a new device though, every time up until now that I have plugged it in, it recognizes it as Nexus One immediately.

Here I go again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links