:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Sophia Don't want to derail the thread, but now that I have rooted, can I make screenshots? If so, how? Drocap2 is ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 46 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Don't want to derail the thread, but now that I have rooted, can I make screenshots? If so, how?
    Drocap2 is the best screenshot app in the marketplace.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Thanks I'll check it out :D
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Don't want to derail the thread, but now that I have rooted, can I make screenshots? If so, how?
    http://www.knowyourcell.com/google/n...nexus_one.html

This way is pretty cool. You can get it and save it right on your desktop, you run it from your SDK.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Freakin....my phone still hasn't died yet. Why is it that when I need my phone to die it doesn't but when I need it the most it does?

Anyway. Right now I am using Persiansown/Pershoot's OCUV Kernel. It was .33 but due to some issues went back down to .32

I would recommend this because it is the easiest for those WITH CYANOGEN'S MOD. But I believe it works for enomther's esp because his 1.7.1 now also includes a SetCPU like feature. Regardless you need SetCPU for this kernel for CM. You can either push the .apk (free) or you can buy it from market.

All that is required is for you to take the zip, flash it in recovery and you're good to go. Yup that's it. You will see in SetCPU that (while before) the max was 998 it can be raised to 1113 right. Look I definitely just wanted to test it out since I'm letting the battery run out but using it so far it is a nice little pickup that I almost want to just keep it.

Anyway once the phone dies and I recharge it I will clock how long it takes for the phone to die in normal usage.

I honestly haven't noticed much different battery wise... but thats because I'm running the same amount of permanent background apps such as Hi AIM and Touiteur 24/7.

I think the battery dies a bit faster... But i constantly carry my charger with me and plug my phone whenever I'm near a outlet.

I have SetCPU so if i REALLY can't get near a charger i'd undervolt/underclock the phone for some extra battery. :P
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

So when i thought i had it clear and was decided to go on i follow some links here and suddenly everything messes up again.

Sorry for my ignorance if this is obvious but i dont want a 500$ paperweight :-/

Right now i have a unlocked device with root access and 2.6.29-bacon1 (ERD79).

Copied from Cyanogen instructions i saw:

3. Update your radio if necessary
    What is necessary? I just don't want to update radio as it frightens me. Want to avoid it at all cost if possible.

So does that mean i can flash cyanogenmod 5 without worrying about radios or is it necessary to flash radio before?

And this bring me to the next question:

5. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Which sounds good, but if you search for the addon url you will find:

Google Addon: ERE36B (2)
    Download: http://www.mediafire...6B-2-signed.zip
    What does that ERE36B mean? Is this patch the same as flashing radio but through an alternative method or does that mean you need ERE36B in order to apply this addon?

As you can see I'm really confused but something i have very clear is that i dont want to update radio.

thanks in advance :D

Track ball colours ?

Are you saying that you guys go through all of this trouble to get a few extra colors on your trackball?

TerD

Quote Originally Posted by nilart View Post

What is necessary? I just don't want to update radio as it frightens me. Want to avoid it at all cost if possible.

So does that mean i can flash cyanogenmod 5 without worrying about radios or is it necessary to flash radio before?

What does that ERE36B mean? Is this patch the same as flashing radio but through an alternative method or does that mean you need ERE36B in order to apply this addon?

As you can see I'm really confused but something i have very clear is that i dont want to update radio.

thanks in advance :D

If you have errors with the radio, IE: bad 3g connectivity, bad connection, then updating the radio is necessary. I haven't updated the radio after flashing Cyanogen 5.0.4.1 and I haven't had any problems with data so far.

He updates the radio packages in each version of Cyanogen. You CAN flash the newer radios, but some people are saying the newer radios are giving them more problems. I'd say unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO, don't update the radio, because thats when you really CAN brick it.

The serial number in front of the G-APPs is the version that goes with the radio.

You should download the Google addon package that goes with the radio you are using. I don't THINK that using a different one will affect you though.

Because of the C&D he doesn't post them around. Search GAPPS Passion and you will find them.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by TerD View Post
    Are you saying that you guys go through all of this trouble to get a few extra colors on your trackball?

TerD

Of course!

Well some people.

I rooted my phone for the root access, the increased memory, the faster speeds.

Being able to use the trackballs is a extra, but was the reason I took the plunge.

Ask anyone who have rooted in here, and they will say they are much happier after rooting.

My question to you is:
    Can you tell the difference between having new email, text, aim, or twitters, without turning the phone on?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    If you have errors with the radio, IE: bad 3g connectivity, bad connection, then updating the radio is necessary. I haven't updated the radio after flashing Cyanogen 5.0.4.1 and I haven't had any problems with data so far.

He updates the radio packages in each version of Cyanogen. You CAN flash the newer radios, but some people are saying the newer radios are giving them more problems. I'd say unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO, don't update the radio, because thats when you really CAN brick it.

The serial number in front of the G-APPs is the version that goes with the radio.

You should download the Google addon package that goes with the radio you are using. I don't THINK that using a different one will affect you though.

Because of the C&D he doesn't post them around. Search GAPPS Passion and you will find them.
    Thanks for the reply :D

That's why I don't want to update, first because radio is currently working perfectly on my N1, and second because of the risk.

So basically, if I have understood correctly, by flashing cyanogen 5 ROM you are also flashing radio packages?

And after doing it you have to look for your build name (ERD79, ERE36B, etc.) and flash the gapps addon that matches that build?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links