:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I love the trackball wake mod. Been using it all day it works great...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 48 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

I love the trackball wake mod. Been using it all day it works great

Has anyone flashed the new radio?
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

I just want everyone here to be saved from a heart attack!

If you for whatever reason decide to do a Nandroid restore back to stock. You will not be able to get back into Recovery! It happened to me today. Did a Nandroid restore. And tried to reflash the CM rom, and could not for the life of me go back to Recovery mode!!!!! Kept giving me the Exclamation Android!!! Not the guy you want to see!!

Anyway, in a last ditch effort, I decided to try Amon-Ra's previous Recovery.img, v1.5.3, and thank GOD, it worked!!! Whew...
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

...Jesus. Thomas, I'm sure you could only imagine my reaction as the ultra noon to this...thanks for sharing
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    ...Jesus. Thomas, I'm sure you could only imagine my reaction as the ultra noon to this...thanks for sharing
    Everything was perfect on my rooted nexus until today. I live in the suburbs of Houston, signal strength always full, 3g & H, full bars! Today, I went into town today and as I was at the meeting, the subject of Youtube came up, and a video that someone wanted me to see. So I pulled up Youtube, but couldn't pull anything up. Signal was really poor. Full bars, but as soon as I pulled up an app, it would look like data was downloading, then stop. Nothing. It's happened once when download speed is so slow, kinda like timing out on the computer. And Youtube started to FC.

So I decided, either I would flash the new radio image that Cyanogen has, or I would even consider trying to go back to Stock Rom for a day and see if I can gauge a difference. Well, I had two options, one was find a Stock ROM on xda-developers, or do a Nandroid Restore. So, I opted to do Nandroid. I tested stock rom and was getting Force closes too, and if all things equal, stock rom having issues as well as CM having issues, I figure I had a better chance with the CM. So I wanted to flash back to Custom ROM. Didn't think I would NOT BE ABLE TO!!!!! Volume down and power up, and BAM! Exclamation Android!!! Reflashed the recovery.img like 5 times, and each time, had the same result, Exclamation Android!!! By now, I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest!!!! Scrambling to find something online about doing Nandroid backup and then losing root/recovery mode ability! AmonRa's page said something about it, but nothing on how to fix it, that or I was so anxious, I completely missed it!!! Now I'm about to throw the phone across the room, so I decided to step away for a minute to collect myself. Well, in a last ditch effort, I figure what the heck, I'll try to flash another version image just to see if it worked. And it did!!!
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Has anyone flashed the new radio?
    what new radio?

sooo have any of you guys tried any of the themes from the xda devs?
    i'm using [Theme] O))) - Version 0.04.9 and it's nice and clean along with the
    Launcher2.apk which gives our phone an optional 7 screens and auto-rotate home. Very happy I rooted my phone.

ok im thinking about doing this tomorrow morning. i have a couple of questions. first this kspec theme can i run it with home replacement programs such as open home and home++? And 2nd when a new OTA update is released will i have to root my phone with a new rom that incorporates that new OTA or will cyanogen just release a file that we can install on our rooted phones without having to go through the whole hassle of rooting again?
    thx

p.s. oh one more important question, how is the battery life with the new rom compared to before? thats pretty important to me.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    ok im thinking about doing this tomorrow morning. i have a couple of questions. first this kspec theme can i run it with home replacement programs such as open home and home++? And 2nd when a new OTA update is released will i have to root my phone with a new rom that incorporates that new OTA or will cyanogen just release a file that we can install on our rooted phones without having to go through the whole hassle of rooting again?
    thx

p.s. oh one more important question, how is the battery life with the new rom compared to before? thats pretty important to me.
    I'll try to explain this, and make it easier to understand for people like me who had no experience with this kind of stuff at all. it is easy to do, but there is a time consuming process that you must go through in the beginning steps, a lot of driver installation/Windows DOS.

im not an expert on this at all, but i managed to root/flash CyanogenMod onto my phone. and through the process i learned that once you are unlocked via bootloader, and have loaded the Amon_RA recovery image, you can switch between ROMS in literally minutes.

what happens is all of your ROMS you want will have been stored (rooted) onto your SD card. from here, you load the recovery image (Amon_RA). the Amon_RA recovery image is what you see on your phone that enables you to choose which ROMS you want to run on your phone, do your back ups (nandroid), etc.

for example lets say i wanted to run the new HTC Desire ROM that has been created for the N1...but im currently on the CyanogenMod ROM, all i need to do is reboot, while holding volume down and i am brought to the Amon_RA recovery screen. from here all i need to do is do the nandroid backup, wipe the phone (factory reset, which is all done through the recovery screen), and then load the Desire ROM from the same recovery screen.

think of it as changing your shoes. you are the phone, the shoes are the ROMS, and the backpack you carry all your shoes in is your SD card.

and to answer the OTA update question, you will not receive OTA updates once you have flashed an aftermarket ROM...nor will you receive them if you flashed your OEM ROM that you back up...BUT the OTA updates that Google releases will most likely be incorporated into ROM's that will be released soon after the OTA updates. its something you have to decide on if it is worth it or not, to me, it totally is. my phone runs the way it should have out of the box now, and im sure the developers over at xda will come up with updated ROM's within weeks after the OTA updates. im in no hurry to get flash 10.1, it will kill the battery faster when being used, and i havent needed it yet. and well, as for the free RAM, the 250 extra RAM i received from the CyanogenMod ROM, compared to the minuscule 10-30 extra RAM given from Google is enough said...

Battery life is okay. i noticed that it drains a little faster, but significantly...i am usually around 60% on OEM at the end of the day with moderate texting and a little web surfing. today i was around 50% with the same usage.

/end book
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

You also have to make sure that the themes you download and install are compatable with the current rom you are using.

I was using NEXDEEP from NexusNation which is a really awesome theme, with home++. It was mafe for Cyanogen 5.0.2 however, and while it looked absolutely amazing whenever I tried to change tge INPUT TYPE aka keyboards it would cause a instant reboot. Also I started getting horrible FCs left and right and the system would freeze up. I talked to ManUp456 the creator of the themes and he says he is working on upgrading his themes to the newest Cyan soon.

Always always do Nandroid backups. I try to always have a recent up to date nandroid because if you ever beef it or flash a rom wrong you can flash back to your previous setup. You can't uninstall themes without restoring backups or reflashing your original rom also.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    I just want everyone here to be saved from a heart attack!

If you for whatever reason decide to do a Nandroid restore back to stock. You will not be able to get back into Recovery! It happened to me today. Did a Nandroid restore. And tried to reflash the CM rom, and could not for the life of me go back to Recovery mode!!!!! Kept giving me the Exclamation Android!!! Not the guy you want to see!!

Anyway, in a last ditch effort, I decided to try Amon-Ra's previous Recovery.img, v1.5.3, and thank GOD, it worked!!! Whew...
    i went into recovery mode today also and recovered to a previous setup because i didn't like a new theme i tried out and saw there were several recovery points saved. i was wondering how much memory those take up and could we delete some if they were to become to many.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links