:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Here is a quick video of Modaco Desire! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqM5nYzU_V4]YouTube - Modaco Desire Rom on rooted Nexus One[/ame] It was actually very nice! I really loved ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 50 of 163 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Talking

Here is a quick video of Modaco Desire!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqM5nYzU_V4]YouTube - Modaco Desire Rom on rooted Nexus One[/ame]

It was actually very nice! I really loved the pinch to card screen view.
    The camera and everything worked. ALSO, not in the video, FLASH DID WORK. I went to a site much like youtube, and the Desire Browser WAS ABLE TO LOAD AND PLAY THE VIDEO ON THE WEBPAGE.

It was actually quite amazing.

But as soon as I started to set up the homescreens with widgets and apps I'd normally use, something crazy happened, and i started getting REPEATED FORCE CLOSE BACK TO BACK. Like 20 something FCs in a row.

They were android.process FCs, so I'm not sure what even caused it. I reset the device a few times, but the FCs kept coming, and then all my other apps wouldn't open.

I didn't even wanna try to fix it, so i wiped my device, threw Cyan back on, then did a nandroid restore.

I really wish the Desire rom was stable. Because the flash was awesome! I really liked Sense UI!

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think it might have been the livewallpapers that killed it. I installed NexusMod live wallpaper as seen in the video and looking at its comments in the marketplace, it is causing FCs for some people? Not sure. I might try out Modaco again later.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think it might have been the livewallpapers that killed it. I installed NexusMod live wallpaper as seen in the video and looking at its comments in the marketplace, it is causing FCs for some people? Not sure. I might try out Modaco again later.
    It was force closing for me a couple of times (not frequently) when it got released in the market. This is before I rooted. He made an update though which he addressed the force close issue and for me the FCs stopped. When I rooted i reinstalled the ive wallpaper again and I havn't had a force close yet. But the force close was from when you initially tried to set it as your wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post

It was force closing for me a couple of times (not frequently) when it got released in the market. This is before I rooted. He made an update though which he addressed the force close issue and for me the FCs stopped. When I rooted i reinstalled the ive wallpaper again and I havn't had a force close yet. But the force close was from when you initially tried to set it as your wallpaper.
    I thought you had to repartition your your system in order to flash Modaco's desire rom?
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

okay, so I have a problem with trackball colors. I only get the stock green one for sms. Is that even the color it is supposed to be? I have tried changing it using handcent sms but the color stays the same green. Anything I could do to change this?

Quote Originally Posted by drsutphin View Post
    Up until about 2 minutes ago, it was not recognizing the device. But now I got it to install the drivers correctly (somehow) and it now recognizes it.
    Man I sure do wish you knew how you resolved this, because I'm having the exact same issues as you described down to the T.

It's aggravating because I feel like I've followed everything exactly as written, yet something as simple as a driver install just doesn't want to work right.

Do you have debugging turned on in application settings? It should show a ! In black triangle in notifications.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Do you have debugging turned on in application settings? It should show a ! In black triangle in notifications.
    Yep. I enabled it immediately after running the SDK Setup.exe and downloading the drivers.

Basically, if you were to read the guy I just quoted's situation a few pages back, that's my exact situation (except for the magically working after a while part), right down to trying to uninstall the drivers from USBdeview and the device manager and reinstalling them several times. Each time I plug the phone back in after getting the drivers I get the same error he got.

ok i tried both version of amon ra recovery and when i try to go into recovery mode i get the triangle with the android i tried like 10 times and thats what i keep getting...any suggestions ;(
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

ok somehow got around it this is what i did, found this on an xda thread.

If the triangle with exclamation is showing when selecting RECOVERY from HBOOT, then flashing the recovery partition failed. In point 3 you say "success" but I take that to mean it did not report any errors during flashing. Try it again with Fastboot. You can initiate recovery from ADB. With the phone connected to the PC type:
    Code:
    ADB devicesADB reboot recovery
    Your phone will reboot into the custom recovery if it was successfully flashed.

If not, then restart the phone into FASTBOOT by holding the TRACKBALL+POWER. Confirm the recovery file you downloaded is able to run:
    Code:
    Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img
    If this works, then repeat the step to restart the phone, and then flash the recovery image to the phone to make it permanent.
    Code:
    Fastboot flash recovery recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img
    These steps assume either your SDK tools are set properly in the environment path so you can execute them from any command prompt location or fastboot and the img file to flash are in the same directory.

btw huge thx to thomas once again....he was up till like 4am helping me and talking me trough with ideas and suggestions. very very nice guy!!!

thomas u rock!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links