:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have been running Overclocked for two to three days, and it just didn't seem right. While the menu screen scrolling seems faster, it stutters ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 51 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

I have been running Overclocked for two to three days, and it just didn't seem right. While the menu screen scrolling seems faster, it stutters before reacting, and flipping screens also had a split second delayed reaction. Setcpu back down to stock speed, and eh.... not better, stutter was gone, but so was the speed.

Reading through xda-developers shows that Cyanogen's stock volt to CPU is twice the amount of stock ROM's and gave me noticeable battery depletion, I'm trying kmob's new UnderVolt .33 kernel. Let's see how it goes!

Thanks to d1mitrov, for the shout out! And walking him through his rooting process helped me understand ADB commands more.

Also, I think Overclocking makes the switching between the radio signals, H/3g/Edge, seems erratic and noticeably more drop calls. While I was on gTalk with d1mitrov yesterday, I kept losing connection. I am attributing it to instability of OC'd kernel. Hopefully new Undervolt .33 kernel will be more stable and Save my battery also.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Overclocked kernel - Tests - xda-developers found that thread on xda about OV/UC. Someone break that down to simple english :D. Maker of setCPU made the thread.

Rooted as of last night, or should i say this morning. Only took me 9 hours of frustration to get it right but its up and running smoothly

Alright, I think I finally got the adb drivers installed. Combination newness to Windows 7 (less than 4 days) and I D ten T error. Drivers refused to install automatically so I finally figured out how to point Windows to the driver folder manually through the advanced menu in Device Manager.

So I did that and was ready to continue the process and, just my luck, all the Cyanogen Wikis and stuff I was following seem to be down now. I'm assuming they're down for everyone else too?

Quote Originally Posted by djenke View Post
    Rooted as of last night, or should i say this morning. Only took me 9 hours of frustration to get it right but its up and running smoothly
    Congrats, welcome to the club!
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    Alright, I think I finally got the adb drivers installed. Combination newness to Windows 7 (less than 4 days) and I D ten T error. Drivers refused to install automatically so I finally figured out how to point Windows to the driver folder manually through the advanced menu in Device Manager.

So I did that and was ready to continue the process and, just my luck, all the Cyanogen Wikis and stuff I was following seem to be down now. I'm assuming they're down for everyone else too?
    Yeah, I tried to review some stuff I was doing this morning, and it was down for me too.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

thomas check this video out about overclocking the guy says its pretty good and has no real bugs or problems with it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt3H75qnupA]YouTube - Get Better Battery Life[/ame]
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Alright, I've successfully rooted and flashed the recovery image. Had to do it via fastboot as the superboot method wasn't wanting to work right for whatever reason.

I'm at the part where I need to get Cyanogen's rom (which I have downloaded) and the Google Apps addon. Now I could swear that I just saw a link to that addon not too long ago, but now that I need the bastard, it's nowhere to be found. I checked Cyanogen's site, his thread at XDA, and around here, but it's almost like it was removed. Does anyone have a link to that bad boy? My Nexus isn't of much use without Gmail, market, etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, found that slippery sucker.

....aaaand I've got the ROM and addon flashed. That part was pie.

Now for the tedious part: redownloading and installing my 795 apps.

Good to hear J. Its much better than stock.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links