:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Initial assessment of Modaco's Desire Rom: Sense UI, AWESOME! No FC's very stable feeling. I'm not gonna risk something happening, so I am putting it ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 53 of 163 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Initial assessment of Modaco's Desire Rom:

Sense UI, AWESOME! No FC's very stable feeling. I'm not gonna risk something happening, so I am putting it back to Cyanogen. But it was fun to play my Mafia Wars on FB on it! Now I really can't wait for Flash 10.1 full version to come out! I tried to play other games on there but it wasn't loading stating lack of memory, probably due to it being Flash Lite.

Update: Mafia Wars is not in Flash, no wonder it worked like a charm. Other ones in flash wasn't working very well, still it was fun playing with sense ui
    Games Tried:

Country Life
    Fishville
    Farm Town
    Mafia Wars

I love how on Sense UI, if forecast shows it raining, then it starts to rain on home screen and even windshield wipers come out to brush off the rain. LOL, awesome!

I think I would have to consider keeping it on Desire Rom, soon as Paul comes out with Beta version.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post

Also, I think Overclocking makes the switching between the radio signals, H/3g/Edge, seems erratic and noticeably more drop calls. While I was on gTalk with d1mitrov yesterday, I kept losing connection. I am attributing it to instability of OC'd kernel. Hopefully new Undervolt .33 kernel will be more stable and Save my battery also.
    Let us know how the undervolt kernel works out. I wasn't impressed with the OC one myself either.

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post

Let us know how the undervolt kernel works out. I wasn't impressed with the OC one myself either.
    After spending a day with kmob's UV kernel, I have to say that is very stable. I highly recommend. I spend the whole day on it from 10:00am (unplug) and by 8:00pm, with kernel that comes with Cyanogenmod, I would have been completely depleted of battery, under decent usage, surfing, FB, medium setting on display, wifi on, 100 minutes of talking a day. Yet today I was only down to 50% at 8:00pm. It does indeed save your battery life, and it is stable, unlike OC kernel, which was very irratic, stuttered alot, and made me have a lot of drop connections or drop calls.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post

/me faints.... SEVEN HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE? WOW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post

im sorry how many...?
    Heh, I was being facetious. It does seem like I have a lot of apps though. I don't even use them all, but I feel like I might need them so I keep them. It's like an episode of Hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Good to hear J. Its much better than stock.
    Thanks. It's definitely snappier overall. I have a lot of apps installed and a lot of widgets on my homescreens, so it did slow down just a touch after I finished "customizing" it back to the way it was pre-root, but that's to be expected with the amount of junk I have.

The only problem I seem to be having is that my gallery keeps forceclosing. It does this as soon as the phone is booted and immediately after I exit the gallery application after viewing photos. Anyone else seen this?
    Is Picasa synced on your gallery? When it FC's are you on Wifi or 3g? I'm noticing FC when in part of town where signal strength is low on 3g, and download speed is extremely low and phone is trying to access the network.
    I do have several Picasa albums synced in my Gallery, but I've had them there for quite some time - pre rooting and flashing - and never had a FC. The first force close came shorly after I booted into Cyanogen for the first time before I had Wifi set up. Since then it still force closes shortly after every time I use the Gallery regardless of where I am or if I'm on wifi or not.

It seems I'm able to view pictures just fine when I go into the Gallery, so flipping through albums isn't a problem. The thing that is an issue is that whenever another program needs to access the Gallery (setting a thread background in Handcent, for example) it force closes before I can accomplish what I set out to do. Sending MMSs also seems to be effected. I get a FC right as I'm trying to create the MMS and it doesn't send properly. I haven't tested it yet, but I would imagine things like setting contact pictures or a wallpaper would provoke a similar reaction.

Once I get a chance I suppose I'll root through the Cyanogen thread, as big a task as that is.

Initial assessment of Modaco's Desire Rom:

Sense UI, AWESOME! No FC's very stable feeling. I'm not gonna risk something happening, so I am putting it back to Cyanogen. But it was fun to play my Mafia Wars on FB on it! Now I really can't wait for Flash 10.1 full version to come out! I tried to play other games on there but it wasn't loading stating lack of memory, probably due to it being Flash Lite.

Games Tried:

Country Life
    Fishville
    Farm Town
    Mafia Wars

I love how on Sense UI, if forecast shows it raining, then it starts to rain on home screen and even windshield wipers come out to brush off the rain. LOL, awesome!

I think I would have to consider keeping it on Desire Rom, soon as Paul comes out with Beta version.
    Sense UI is gorgeous! I loveee the interface. Even the menu's look better. Better color pallet, seems like smoother screen changes also.

I started getting repeated FC's AGAIN, so I wiped and Nandroided my Cyanogen back on before going out.

As much as I love the Sense UI, constant random FCs isn't usable for me.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Never seen kmob's kernel. Only persaisow's UV kernel. Do you have a link you could pervide? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    Never seen kmob's kernel. Only persaisow's UV kernel. Do you have a link you could pervide? Thanks.
    sorry one in same, kmob is his twitter username

UPDATED 03/13: Nexus One Kernel - Undervolted for battery life - 2.6.33 | IQ0: News, Chat, Life
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Just flashed kmob's UV kernel, I'll see how she does tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Got a question that yourself or someone else might know the answer to. When flashing radio packages does it matter which ROM you are running or will they work for every kind? I had flashed the new (54 I think) when I tried out the Desire ROM b/c that's what the dev suggested. But was wondering if it would be fine for Cyanogen's ROM too? Thanks!!!

I hate my temptation right now, NeonMonster almost pushed me over. but now Thomas too?! Now i have to give the Desire ROM a try...
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    I hate my temptation right now, NeonMonster almost pushed me over. but now Thomas too?! Now i have to give the Desire ROM a try...
    Do a Nandroid Backup of your most recent settings.

Use titanium backup to backup ALL apps and app data.

Use Wave Secure or another app to backup all your text messages.

Sync your phone to update your Google contacts and email.

Then you have no reason NOT to try Modaco's rom. You can use Titanium Backup to one click re-install every single app you have, including all the settings for the apps. (I think the app data saving is a feature only available in the paid/donation version).

@NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links