:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; i flashed it! Sense UI is great! everything looks/feels crisp. everythings been stable so far. ive added/deleted widgets to the homescreen without FC. browsing is ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

i flashed it! Sense UI is great! everything looks/feels crisp.

everythings been stable so far. ive added/deleted widgets to the homescreen without FC. browsing is nice.

i didnt do titanium backup, i donated but i didnt recieve an email or anything...oh well, apps werent really that important, i have my download history in the market place anyways.

i just cant figure out how to manage my favorites widget. its so cool! but i wish i could delete the ones that were already on there. help?

EDIT: live wallpapers work without FC as well.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

For me, FC's wouldn't come until after the 1st hour or so. It might have been a certain app I was using.... but its hard to say since I installed ALL my apps using Titanium.

If you donate for the premium titanium backup, the creator will email you the coding file that you have to save on your SD card to give you the donation version of Titanium. He emailed me it within 1 day of donating.

Once the Sense rom is stable I'll probably use it as a main rom. I LOVE the dialing pad, and being able to type the first letter of a contact to search contacts. The interface of sense looks way way better than stock.

Cyanogen seems much faster than Modaco though.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

gotcha

i agree, the Sense is such a nice change from stock. if it stays stable tomorrow, ill just keep it as my primary. but once an official stable version is out, itll be my main ROM.

its been fast enough for me, nothing that bothers me yet, even though its only been like half an hour. lol!

ill check in tomorrow, or if/when i recieve a FC.
    R.I.P.

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    Just flashed kmob's UV kernel, I'll see how she does tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Got a question that yourself or someone else might know the answer to. When flashing radio packages does it matter which ROM you are running or will they work for every kind? I had flashed the new (54 I think) when I tried out the Desire ROM b/c that's what the dev suggested. But was wondering if it would be fine for Cyanogen's ROM too? Thanks!!!
    NeonMonster wrote earlier in the thread that the Radio is what people had problems with once it was flashed. I didn't seem to have problem with my connections, so I didn't feel the need to flash new radio, but I suppose it doesn't hurt. When you flash Cyanogen's Rom back, or Nandroid restore back, you will lose the radio, and will have to reflash, I believe, so if you used the new radio and didn't have problems with it, I don't think it'll hurt with CM either.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    gotcha

i agree, the Sense is such a nice change from stock. if it stays stable tomorrow, ill just keep it as my primary. but once an official stable version is out, itll be my main ROM.

its been fast enough for me, nothing that bothers me yet, even though its only been like half an hour. lol!

ill check in tomorrow, or if/when i recieve a FC.
    Now that I got my Amon RA-recovery v1.6.2 back, and did a Nandroid restore with all the settings and apps intact, I'm going to be flashing back and forth from Desire Rom and CM Rom. It's fun, and you're right nice change from the norm. I wish Adobe Flash worked better on it though...
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Just to let ya'll know:
    I've been using the Undervolted and Undervolted+Overclocked Kernels since they came out.
    They've been mostly stable for me, switched to Undervolted only now.
    Get setCPU and put profiles to save most battery! Set
    standby to 245/245 on demand
    charging to 245/614 on demand
    power < 10% 245/460

well, that's what I'm using. normal clocking is at 245/998 on demand tho

the most battery is saved when the phone is in standby mode because its clocked down to 245/245 and really undervolted there afaik

wheres the difference between ondemand/performance governors?
    on demand just sets it to the higher clocking rate when it's really needed. saves more battery.
    performace is always clocked to the highest set

Edit // btw there is no difference between 36B and 54 radio as far as I know?!
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Stuck at recovery HELP please

Hey all, I have been at this for days and feel very noobish. Anyway, I unlocked bootloader and downloaded image file. Moved it over into fastboot folder. Open up terminal and and type

"/Users/Sgitman/fastboot/fastboot-mac devices"

I get back

"HT9CMP803665 fastboot"

So it recognizes my phone.

Now i renamed the recovery image....revoery.img

i then run terminal for the recovery and get an error...

/Users/Sgitman/fastboot/fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img
    error: cannot load 'recovery.img'

I soooo stuck.. Please help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgitman View Post
    Hey all, I have been at this for days and feel very noobish. Anyway, I unlocked bootloader and downloaded image file. Moved it over into fastboot folder. Open up terminal and and type

"/Users/Sgitman/fastboot/fastboot-mac devices"

I get back

"HT9CMP803665 fastboot"

So it recognizes my phone.

Now i renamed the recovery image....revoery.img

i then run terminal for the recovery and get an error...

/Users/Sgitman/fastboot/fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img
    error: cannot load 'recovery.img'

I soooo stuck.. Please help!!!!!
    I saw maybe one person on here using mac, why don't you use the virtual machine, go toxp, and some of us might be able to help.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Desire Rom has been stable all day for me so far. ive been browsing the intrawebz, texting, and talking on the phone moderately today.

i have had only one major issue, when i loaded a preset scene (customized homepages with different widgets and shortcuts and backrounds) and then switched to another and then switched to another, the phone froze. but i wasnt angry, cause i was literally switching between scenes withing seconds of setting them.

and sometimes when i send a text, the person i am texting will recieve it but my message will show that i sent it before the last message that the person texted me.

example being:

You (1:00): Hi.
    Receiver (1:01): Hey.
    You (1:01): blah blah <--- this message i had actually sent before the one below
    Receiver (1:02): blah blah blah

(i hope that made sense) anyways, i havent had any FC's. ive only reinstalled a couple of apps: Bank of America Mobile, Advanced Task Killer (purchased), Titanium Backup, Battery Widget, Google Voice, N1 Torch. all run fine.

ill report in later tonight
    R.I.P.

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

When I tried out the desire ROM I had to flash the 54 radio. Forgot to at first but then a friend who was in town was trying to call me for directions to my place. When I answered I could hear him fine but he couldn't hear me at all. After about 3 calls back and forth between us with him not understanding a word i was saying I had to throw my sim back into my blackberry. After talking to him and he showed up I flashed the 54 radio and everything was fine. Thought I share just in case someone else had the problem. Then again it could have been a fluke.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links