:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I just had a few questions in regards to rooting nexus one, I'm currently on the OTA update radio which I believe is ERE ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 59 of 163 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Little Rooting Help

Hello, I just had a few questions in regards to rooting nexus one, I'm currently on the OTA update radio which I believe is ERE 27 and would like to flash to the Cyanogen 5.0.4.1 ROM but was wondering if I have to change the radio to ERE 36 and if not do i still use the ERE 36 gapps add on or is there one for ERE 27? Sorry, to bother but just trying to get as much info before I attempt to root. Also in your opinion which ROM is the best to use? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Thomas I gave Modaco Desire another try. Nandroid Backup Cyan, Wipe (actually did it twice) before putting the Desire ROM on. I also did not restore my Titanium Backup after putting the new ROM on.

So far, so good. The new rainbow wallpaper is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Thinking about trying Modaco Desire again.... Really miss the phone/contacts app. And the flashplayer on browser.

So I flashed back to cyanogen. I loved the Sense UI. There a few small bugs I encountered, but over the 2 days I ran the modaco rom, I only encountered 1 force close. It was for the weather app, but it never closed and still worked. Phone only froze once, but I already told you guys about that. Overall, for an alpha rom, I'm surprised it was as stable as it was.

The only issues I had with this rom was that the battery life was not so good, but bareable I suppose. The keyboard is kind of hard to get used to, the auto correct function got in the way at times, and you couldn't swipe down to make it go back down. Also I couldn't get it so the keys would stopped vibrating when ever I typed.

All in all, I plan on using the modaco desire rom once it is stable and the bugs are worked out...Sense UI is by far the best, android vanilla pales in comparison, but non the less, I still love my nexus.

I will be switching back and fourth just cause I can, with nandroid back ups and titanium back up, it really makes swapping Roms a breeze.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    I will be switching back and fourth just cause I can, with nandroid back ups and titanium back up, it really makes swapping Roms a breeze.
    You guys are really far ahead of me now I am still on the original CM and still shaking over how brave I was to do it :rofl3: I must read all 58 pages or so of this awesome thread to learn how to go about this backup. What app do you use for the backups?
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    You guys are really far ahead of me now I am still on the original CM and still shaking over how brave I was to do it :rofl3: I must read all 58 pages or so of this awesome thread to learn how to go about this backup. What app do you use for the backups?
    Hey Sophia, this is what I did. I got CM just the way I like it. I have all the apps on the screens exactly how I like it. I made a spreadsheet of how I want everything placed, and then leave a section with all the apps on my system. Additionally, I made a backup on Titanium Backup, though I haven't donated for the full version just yet.

After that, I did a Nandroid backup. I wiped. I flashed Modaco's Desire ROM. I then set up Desire Rom just the way I like it. Using the spreadsheet, I downloaded from market everything I had on the CM ROM. Used Desire ROM for half the day. Made a Nandroid backup. Wiped. Then Nandroid restore of my CM save point. Now I go back and forth from different Nandroid backup points whenever I want to experiment with something different. This way works great for me, and never have any FC's.

Sense UI RULES!!!
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Thanks to Thomas I gave Modaco Desire another try. Nandroid Backup Cyan, Wipe (actually did it twice) before putting the Desire ROM on. I also did not restore my Titanium Backup after putting the new ROM on.

So far, so good. The new rainbow wallpaper is gorgeous.

Thinking about trying Modaco Desire again.... Really miss the phone/contacts app. And the flashplayer on browser.
    Yeah, and the Friendstream is really cool! I updated through Friendstream, and it updated both Twitter and Facebook acct!!! Awesome, now if only I can find some peeps to follow me on Twitter! LOL.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post

yeah. i noticed that. i'm the same way on car forums, so i don't blame them.
    Its kinda irritating, when you are stuck and REALLY need help.... but when I got stuck rooting few times, I was able to find the answer by googling and looking around on forums.

But i agree its much nicer on this forum than most!

i might try that one out too, it looks pretty awesome.

i'm completely new to all of this so i'll see how it goes haha. i'm scared of doing a few add ons on xda because i don't want to have a nexus brick lol.
    Now that everything is setup properly on the phone, like I said, the flashing part is easy. You'll start to mess around with it like everyone else. Just don't lose respect for it, as that's the time that it will come back and bite you.

Steps:

1. Download Modaco's Desire Rom from XDA
    2. Put Rom on SD card in same place you put the CM and Gapps zip files
    3. Turn off phone
    4. Boot into Recovery mode (Volume Down held down and Power up)
    5. Select Recovery
    6. Select Backup/Restore
    7. Select Nandroid backup
    8. Back out to Main menu and select Wipe
    9. Select Wipe Data/Factory reset (something like that)
    10. Select Flash from zip on SD card
    11. Choose alpha14-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-signed (or whatever version you downloaded of Desire Rom)
    12. Wait until done, power down or reboot now
    13. That should boot you into Desire ROM, first time I use new ROM, I always notice it is slower than usual. It will not have the cool Nexus/Cyanogen logo, but HTC on White Screen will pop-up. Wait a little bit, and it'll come up!
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Hey Thomas:

1) Have you had any issues with data today? I've wiped, reinstalled fresh (both Desire and Cyan) but my data seems very intermittent today. I don't have wifi right now, so I can't do much set-up with such intermittent data.

2) Do you use Swype? I'm trying to install swype and it works fine until I have to restart. Then it says that my Swype is used on another device.

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Hey Thomas:

1) Have you had any issues with data today? I've wiped, reinstalled fresh (both Desire and Cyan) but my data seems very intermittent today. I don't have wifi right now, so I can't do much set-up with such intermittent data.

2) Do you use Swype? I'm trying to install swype and it works fine until I have to restart. Then it says that my Swype is used on another device.
    1) Last night it was fine. I even talked on the phone for some time on it. I'm back on my CM though...

2) Swype Beta right? It does that on some devices. Very normal. Swype is actually aware of the problem, and on their site it talks about how to fix it. What you do is long press and select input method, switch out of Swype (Go back to Android Keyboard or whatever), then do it again and switch back to Swype and it won't do it again. Until the next time you reboot. But it's not as bad as you think. I have to do that for my CM ROM.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

It was fine last night but it seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. One minute it works another minute it doesn't.

I'm going to make Desire work for me if it's the last thing I do though. I really like the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post

1) Last night it was fine. I even talked on the phone for some time on it. I'm back on my CM though...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links