:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by NeonMonster Originally Posted by Lucan Can any one tell me why the custom Rom makes the N1 so faster and why there ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 62 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucan View Post
    Can any one tell me why the custom Rom makes the N1 so faster and why there is more free memory. Exactly what are we giving up to get these increases? Thanks!
    Its the kernel and clocking that Cyanogens// any other developer set into the rom.

I'm not looking at Cyanogens exact specs, but isn't Cyanogen overclocked and undervolted? Correct me if I'm wrong.

But the increased speed and space drains the battery slightly faster as far as I know. You can always use SetCPU to change the voltage/clocking speeds to suit your taste/needs.
    Ive heard claims of some people saying that the Nexus One actually has better battery life after using Cyanogen Mod. Can anyone confirm this?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Neon, that explains the increase in speed but I'm still wondering about more memory. That definitely means something is being done away with??

Cyanogen's rom is not overclocked it is running stock speeds. You have to get a different file, a kernel made by a different guy, and flash that to your phone than you will be able to overclock your processor. I have cyan's rom and i have better battery life because im able to use setCPU(program in the market) which allows me to tell my processor to run at very low speeds while the phone is sleeping or even when its running. As far as the memory its always been there its just that google hadnt unlocked all of it for us to use. They made some more available in the last OTA, however Cyanogen unlocked it all or a major part of it. Hope that helps.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Ive heard claims of some people saying that the Nexus One actually has better battery life after using Cyanogen Mod. Can anyone confirm this?
    False. but still worth it!
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Has anybody tried apps2sd yet? I wonder how well does it work.

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Has anybody tried apps2sd yet? I wonder how well does it work.
    If you all have a twitter acct, you should follow cyanogen. He lets out some useful info. Someone is working on app2sd, and could be included in 5.05, which a test version is already out supposedly. I cant wait! Regarding the voltage, cyanogenmod uses twice the voltage than stock, is my understanding. So it is suppose to drain battery faster. Kmobs UV supposedly brings it down below stock so it can preserve battery life. Cyanogen stated that a report from qualcomm says they will also run at lower voltages, so cyanogen is going to jump on the bandwagon now, hopefully his future mod will be battery preservers.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    False. but still worth it!
    it seems to be true for me
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

I am getting ready to root right now, so I have a question. Will Cyanongen 5.0.4.1 work with updated radio ERE 27 or do i have to change it to ERE 36? Also do i use the ERE36 gapps or is there a ERE27 gapps? Sorry if these seem stupid. I've read this whole forum but seem to get lost with all the info.

i'm doing a nandroid backup and it's been around 15 minutes and it's still going. is this normal? lol
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Depends on how much stuff you have and how fast your SD card is. Mine takes about a minute or two.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links