:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by thomaslkuo Hey Sophia, this is what I did. I got CM just the way I like it. I have all the apps ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 65 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Hey Sophia, this is what I did. I got CM just the way I like it. I have all the apps on the screens exactly how I like it. I made a spreadsheet of how I want everything placed, and then leave a section with all the apps on my system. Additionally, I made a backup on Titanium Backup, though I haven't donated for the full version just yet.

After that, I did a Nandroid backup. I wiped. I flashed Modaco's Desire ROM. I then set up Desire Rom just the way I like it. Using the spreadsheet, I downloaded from market everything I had on the CM ROM. Used Desire ROM for half the day. Made a Nandroid backup. Wiped. Then Nandroid restore of my CM save point. Now I go back and forth from different Nandroid backup points whenever I want to experiment with something different. This way works great for me, and never have any FC's.

Sense UI RULES!!!
    Ooh, a bit late, but thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded Titanium Backup, looks really good so far. Tomorrow I'll do a backup and then flash the new CM ROM. Guess I'll lose everything again or does CM support upgrades at all?
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Yes I did. Word has it that Cyanogen will have 5.0.5 released tonight or tomorrow. Also Modaco will have Alpha 17 tomorrow. Modaco Desire is still my favorite rom.
    I was interested in Desire too, but its still in Alpha. Probably gonna try it when it hits the next stage which is Beta.

@Sophia: I took the time to read your whole signature and I love it LOL
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is there anyone here that hold off rooting took the plunge and root? I'm just about had it with this 3g signal I keep losing at home. Does rooting fixes the ongoing 3g issue? Cause if it does, then I'm going for it. My apologies if this has been covered already.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Is there anyone here that hold off rooting took the plunge and root? I'm just about had it with this 3g signal I keep losing at home. Does rooting fixes the ongoing 3g issue? Cause if it does, then I'm going for it. My apologies if this has been covered already.
    I took the plunge. I feel like it fixed it, but than again might be the placebo effect. :rofl3:
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahhhh! They have been tweeting about 5.05 of Cyan!

SOOO excited! :D I wanted to try beta but rather just wait for the stable release. Every one says its amazing!

Regarding Titanium Backup, if you backup with Market Data, it will put have a link to the marketplace. The google checkout remembers most apps too.

I REALLY like how you can backup app system data also. When i restored my apps on Modaco, my browser had all favorites and even history from before wiping.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

i just got titanium back up, so do i have to back up everything one by one?
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Can somebody explain the difference between Nandroid backup and Titanium backup? I tried Titanium a while back, but when I restored, I had massive force closures. I haven't used it since. Does Titanium restore your settings too?

@Suby: No you can do a batch backup. Press Menu soft button and select batch.

@techiegirl
    Nandroid: Let's say you want to try a ROM out. Oh crap you messed up/Or you just don't like it. Will restore back to the way you had it (like time travel!)

Ti Backup: Let's say you like the new ROM but crap where's all your home settings and app? That's where Ti Backup does its magic. Restores settings, saves docs, images, MMS, call logs, apps etc. Ti Backup is great compared to other programs like MyBackupPro because it automatically installs everything. With MyBackup (Granted the install screen all pops up automatically) but tapping "Install" to hundreds of apps really grinds my gear.

I personally use MyBackup for MMS, Images, Home Screen Layout, Call Logs....well simply put I use Ti Backup for apps because its flawless. Don't ask why I've just done it that way and works great!

BTW: I don't recall the extra benefits of the donate to developer. But it's always nice to donate some money to people who work hard to make our lives easier and yea there are some extra bonuses and faster backup times I believe. Not very hard to get your Ti Backup licensed.

Nandroid backup is built into Amon-Ra recovery image.

Its a FULL system save. Its much larger, and is a backup of your full device.

Titanium Backup is for apps. It save backups of all apps, app data, and settings.

I have the donation version, but the regular version does most things but i don't think system or marketplace data. You have to check how you compressed the app backups in settings. You can do larger files, or smaller compression. I think if you choose the smaller way, the backups can become corrupted if it doesn't save correctly.

To install all apps at once, go to BATCH in setting and it will make a checklist of all backup apps.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Nandroid backs up your phones settings I.E. homescreen settings, texts, ringtone settings, etc. Titanium back up will back up all of the apps you choose it to. Nandroid save your apps as well, but only for the ROM you are using...so in essence, titanium back up is more of a help to those who like switching between different ROMs often. Like if I switched from my current Cyanogen to the MoDaCo Desire ROM, then I would lose the apps that I currently had. With titanium backup I can save the apps and load them on either ROM.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links