:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by chach first post here getting my nexus one this week can't wait, just wanted to ask question I hadn't seen raised in ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 84 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    first post here

getting my nexus one this week can't wait, just wanted to ask question I hadn't seen raised in this thread. Do you guys recommend rooting out of the box? Will that negate my need to have a system back up?
    Rooting out of the boxes is completely up to you.

If you KNOW 10000% that you will be keeping this device then rooting ASAP will be fine. But there seem to be a few different hardware errors that people have been getting. Like techie said, while you can get your nexus replaced for hardware problems, its alot easier if its not tampered with. -__-;;;

So just take that into account before making any decisions.

I just wiped my nexus, installed Cyan 5.0.5.1, and then Amon-RA 1.7 cyan which i LOVE.

I was on the standard stock Cyan launcher home, and my phone started rebooting whenever I would swipe to a different screen. WTF. I hadn't even installed anything yet.

Doing a nandroid restore, then I'm going to just put Cyan 5.0.5.1 over my restore.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    first post here

getting my nexus one this week can't wait, just wanted to ask question I hadn't seen raised in this thread. Do you guys recommend rooting out of the box? Will that negate my need to have a system back up?
    Rooting out of the boxes is completely up to you.

If you KNOW 10000% that you will be keeping this device then rooting ASAP will be fine. But there seem to be a few different hardware errors that people have been getting. Like techie said, while you can get your nexus replaced for hardware problems, its alot easier if its not tampered with. -__-;;;

So just take that into account before making any decisions.

I just wiped my nexus, installed Cyan 5.0.5.1, and then Amon-RA 1.7 cyan which i LOVE.

I was on the standard stock Cyan launcher home, and my phone started rebooting whenever I would swipe to a different screen. WTF. I hadn't even installed anything yet.

Doing a nandroid restore, then I'm going to just put Cyan 5.0.5.1 over my restore.
    Thanks for the advice I guess I will keep mine stock for a couple weeks really learn up on the steps for rooting then take the plunge. So far don't see any real reasons I have to root, but it seems like the "cool" thing to do >_<

ps good luck with that! was def looking at the nandriod restore looks like a useful app, still not sure about all these apps. Are they in the market or do you have to download them of via pc and the developers website?

Thanks for the advice I guess I will keep mine stock for a couple weeks really learn up on the steps for rooting then take the plunge. So far don't see any real reasons I have to root, but it seems like the "cool" thing to do >_<

ps good luck with that! was def looking at the nandriod restore looks like a useful app, still not sure about all these apps. Are they in the market or do you have to download them of via pc and the developers website?
    Ahahaha!

Of course rooting is the "cool" thing to do.

I didn't see the true use of rooting until after I did it either. I just wanted to try out Cyanogen Mod and see what the hype was.

But we all love it for a reason.

Depends what 'apps' you are talking about. Many rooting apps are on the marketplace, but many developing mods have to be installed manually after downloading from the dev from forums or whatnot.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    @Sophia, i will add some radio flashing tuts on the first page.

Andddd, I REALLY wish these Devs would calm down with their updates. X_X

i go to sleep for 5 hours, then I wake up, and Cyanogen AND Amon-RA both have new versions out?

Also, Manup just pushed ANOTHER updated on his theme. I feel like I've done these updates like 6 times in the last week. Does anyone know if its bad to keep layering these updates with newer versions? Ive had some issues with putting different themes on one after each other without wiping.....

But has anyone had issues with flashing updates of ROMs or themes without wiping? I think I might start from scratch with Cyanogen 5.0.5.1 and Amon-RA
    I do a complete wipe before installing a new ROM each time. But that is just me. An old habbit that I have from when I was installing leaked OS's on my BB Bold. I would wipe device, install OS, and then reinstall app's one by one. So I do the samething now "just in case" to save any headaches down the road. Takes a little longer but I'm up and running usually within an hour or so and back to all my apps and settings. Anyone else anal about this like me?

Just flashed Cyagon's 5.0.5.1 and Kmob's newest UV Kernel. No problems or bugs yet. Will see how battery is over 5.0.5 test3 that I was previously running. Everything is running smooth so far, this guy definately know his stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    I do a complete wipe before installing a new ROM each time. But that is just me. An old habbit that I have from when I was installing leaked OS's on my BB Bold. I would wipe device, install OS, and then reinstall app's one by one. So I do the samething now "just in case" to save any headaches down the road. Takes a little longer but I'm up and running usually within an hour or so and back to all my apps and settings. Anyone else anal about this like me?
    I wiped before 5.0.4.1. But after just having the reboot problem after wiping and installing 5.0.5.1, I'm going to stick to flashing Cyan updates without wiping UNLESS i absolutely have to.

I backedup'ed to earlier today, and put on Cyan 5.0.5.1

Talked to MANUP345 about flashing his theme updates, and he said it is unnecessary to wipe before flashes.

Still waiting for him to drop his 5.0.5.1 NexTHEME, but he said is about to update.

EDIT:
    Manup just dropped NexTheme 5.0.5.1 Optimized.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

what's the best way to increase the number of homescreens from 5 to 7 like say in this video without having to change the look of the homescreen from the custom?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubSM0aOEMMc]YouTube - 10 minutes on a Nexus One with CM 5.0.4.1[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    what's the best way to increase the number of homescreens from 5 to 7 like say in this video without having to change the look of the homescreen from the custom?

YouTube - 10 minutes on a Nexus One with CM 5.0.4.1

i used the bakedgoods1.1 for cm5.04 and i love it, just waiting for him to update for 5.5
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by D_Toma View Post

i used the bakedgoods1.1 for cm5.04 and i love it, just waiting for him to update for 5.5
    where can I get that? (when its out ofcourse) XDA? I'm gonna be on the lookout for it. Thanks

HelixLauncher from the marketplace allow up to 7 more screens. But i hear its kinda sluggish. Haven't tried it, cos i'm really happy with Home++ still. I've tried multiple time to get rid of Home++ cos I sorta wanna use the live screens, but I don't care enough for live screens. :\

If you use home++ you can turn off the powerstrip at the bottom of the screen, and it will be like stock launcher but with 7 screens.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links