:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; how do you nandroid back up? which option in the back ups do you choose?...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 89 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

how do you nandroid back up? which option in the back ups do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyE30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    so how do you get all your contacts, apps, and settings back? o,0
    It is contained within your google account, so when you sign in to google and facebook and whatnot you will get all your stuff back. Your text messages, however, are gone forever.
    when you make a nandroid backup all your texts and settings and homescreens are saved up to the point of the backup. when you restore it, youll have the same stuff from the day you backed it up.

But does restoring that backup also restore your past roms, etc?

Nandroid backup is located in the AMON_RA bootup recovery thing. It is the section called "backup/restore"

Quote Originally Posted by eXodus View Post
    how do you nandroid back up? which option in the back ups do you choose?
    Creating a Nandroid Backup
    Load in Recovery mode
    - Back/Restore
    -- Nand Backup
    --- Press trackball, it will show "........." for a while, when its done, you have officially created a Nandroid back up.

Loading a Nandroid Backup
    Load in Recovery mode
    - Back/Restore
    -- Nand Restore
    --- Choose the Folder your back ups are in, there should only be one. Ex. HT9CPP809710 (thats mine)
    ---- Choose which one you want. they are sorted by date if you look carefully. Ex. "BDS-20100311-1841" (the middle chunk is where you look. 2010, 03 [march], 11[th])

Make sure that when you load certain nandroid back ups that your phone is flashed with the corresponding ROM to that back up point. Ex. if you do a nandroid backup while on Cyanogen's ROM, it will only work if you are flashed with Cyanogen's ROM. it will not load the back up point if your phone is flashed with say, MoDaCo's Desire ROM. if you try to load a Cyanogen backup on a MoDaCo ROM, your phone will not boot correctly, and chances are you will end up with the Android guy next to "!"

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    But does restoring that backup also restore your past roms, etc?

Nandroid backup is located in the AMON_RA bootup recovery thing. It is the section called "backup/restore"
    Yes and no. it restores your past ROM's settings. but it will not restore an entire ROM. the purpose of a nandroid backup is to create a stable/secure point on your phone to go back to just incase you flash an unstable ROM or something happens where your ROM is corrupt. think of it as creating a restore point on your computer. if you get a virus all you do is restore your computer to the point where you made the restore point instead of doing an entire factory reboot to manufacture settings.

But, all your contact sync's, texts, phone settings, homescreens will be saved. the App Market will have a history of all your past downloaded apps. if you get titanium backup (donate version) then you can save all of your app info to the SD card and load them when flashing different ROMs back and fourth.

yes, backup/restore is where you can do all of your nandroid needs (backing up restore points or loading past restore points)

it is highly recommended to create a nandroid restore point before modifying the current ROM your phone is operating on.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

I was using the Desire A17 rom and backed it up using nandroid. Then flashed the Cyanogen rom and used it for a while. Backed that up wiped and restored the Desire rom from my nandroid backup. It worked for me without any problems. Very new to this and maybe I just got lucky.

I got everything working, I love it. Thank you Google for the Nexus One (minus the void warranty) and a huge thanks to all of you guys for the help, and of course to any developers thank you as well.

Do you use Apps2sd? How does that work when you switch from the A17 to Cyanogen?

Quote Originally Posted by paesan View Post
    I was using the Desire A17 rom and backed it up using nandroid. Then flashed the Cyanogen rom and used it for a while. Backed that up wiped and restored the Desire rom from my nandroid backup. It worked for me without any problems. Very new to this and maybe I just got lucky.

BakedGoods 1.1:
    -added trackball succession (never miss a notification again)
    -created script to replace modded launcher 2 with stock (type su in terminal and then type idontlikeit.sh) (ignore error and press home)
    -added some apns (if you want your apn in there send me a pm request)
    -click trackball to unlock phone (thanks metalhead) (go to settings>sound&display to enable
    -click trackball to skip song (metalhead)
    -battery meter now shows estimated percentage w/o draining battery
    -removed some wallpapers and tones for space
    -added updated spareparts
    -added wireless tether for root users
    -went back to stock browser icon
    -rotate on stock launcher
    -stock launcher will fc when missing wallpaper is chosen (fix will be in next release)
    -more i must be forgetting
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Do you use Apps2sd? How does that work when you switch from the A17 to Cyanogen?

Quote Originally Posted by paesan View Post
    No I did not use Apps2sd. I have no idea how it worked but it did. I did not even know that I was not supposed to use nandroid backup to go from one rom to another. Maybe I just got lucky or this is a supported way to switch from different roms. Any experts have any insight on this?

You can use nand backup to go from one ROM to another I beleive. As long as you wipe like changing from Desire to Cyanogen for example. But if on cm and just upgrading to another cm wiping is not necessary, unless you want to reinstall your apps one by one.

Could be wrong though but thats my understanding of it.

I'm on Alpha 17 now. Let's say I want to switch to Cyan, I back up nandroid, wipe, install Cyan, and restore the same nandroid back up that I made with Alpha 17?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links