:D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

This is a discussion on :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Zindol Gonna give up for now. Don't give up yet :D I edited my post on the previous page, I misunderstood... I ...

View Poll Results: Do you think that someone within Apple intentionally doctored the photos?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the photos were intentionally doctored.

3 100.00%
  • I do not believe the photos were doctored on purpose. It could have been an accident.

0 0%
  • I am undecided until more evidence comes forth.

0 0%
Page 9 of 163 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Official Nexus Rooted Converts Thread :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Gonna give up for now.
    Don't give up yet :D I edited my post on the previous page, I misunderstood... I don't think Vista is the problem but I might be wrong
    Edit: my device did not show up either, I don't think that is a problem at all. Tell us where you're stuck, that will be easier to help you, I got help in this forum and happy to help somebody else now

Did you try what I said before, in the command prompt manually select the folder where your AndroidSDK is installed?
    My sigs keep getting

N_1
    OMG I GOT TO DO THIS@! This is the most bad ass thing I have ever seen on a phone!!!! Gonna read all about it!! Thanks for posting!!
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    OMG I GOT TO DO THIS@! This is the most bad ass thing I have ever seen on a phone!!!! Gonna read all about it!! Thanks for posting!!
    Where's are "leader" @NeonMonster that started us down this path>??? :rofl3:

All Bow To NeonMonster: :rofl3:

Really, it's a lot of reading and meticulous following of instructions (and sometimes fill in a few blanks, I think these guys are so used to doing this stuff that they just don't realize it is not all so obvious to us mortals), but it's very doable. I too found the Cyanogen wiki instructions the best of all, though he sure makes you click everywhere and read tons of stuff :D
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    All Bow To NeonMonster: :rofl3:

Really, it's a lot of reading and meticulous following of instructions (and sometimes fill in a few blanks, I think these guys are so used to doing this stuff that they just don't realize it is not all so obvious to us mortals), but it's very doable. I too found the Cyanogen wiki instructions the best of all, though he sure makes you click everywhere and read tons of stuff :D
    Hey Sophia, Are you planning to overclock?

wooooohooooo!!!!1 I'M BACK IN THE GAME. I took the advice thomaslkuo threw at me and just tried the fastboot method. My serial number came up so I'm good to go. Thanks too to Sophie for the encouragement. Its late here now so I'll finish off tommorow, don't want to be doing this half sleepy, so tommorow I'll make a list of the apps I downloaded so I can get them all back when I root. The 3 files I need copied to my SDCards root are the cyanogen ROM, recovery image and google add on right?

My question to whoever can be bothered though is, I found these 2 videos who break down the process quite well. could 1 of you who have rooted just 'proof read' the vids for me and tell me if it their spot on or not so I can just get on with it tommorow? I will keep you guys informed with the progress ofcourse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c0-MvOSAII]YouTube - How To - Root the Nexus One (www.TheUnlockr.com)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5U6dVetUBU]YouTube - How To - Load a Custom ROM on the Nexus One (www.TheUnlockr.com)[/ame]

Those 2 videos seem like really good guides.

Much love.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Hey Sophia, Are you planning to overclock?
    I think so, eventually, though not more than 1.1 or 1.2 max... I like my battery too :D

Zindol, GREAT to hear Thomas' suggestions helped you, he helped me no end too. Thomas rocks

I have a question: whether I receive an email, Skype message on Nimbuzz or Google Talk message, the trackball always flashes green. I did install the succession mod (or whatever it is called)... so I'm not sure if there is a setting I need to tinker with?

Apart from that, the N1 is absolutely unbelievably FAST, everything just seems to be on steroid, even the keyboard. Hard to explain... it's just so! fast!

Glad I rooted, and I'm rooting for the ones who still dread the dreaded rooting. I think you'll live... :rofl3:
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    The 3 files I need copied to my SDCards root are the cyanogen ROM, recovery image and google add on right?
    Yes, they are the ones

Although I found I had to put the recovery image on my Windows computer actually, because it will give an error message otherwise. Just put it in your tools folder and it will copy it for you when you enter the dos commands.
    My sigs keep getting

Do you install that succession mod same way you install a custom ROM and google addon? I definately don't want to miss out on that. But yeah, I should be joining the mod gang tommorow.

Sort of, yes, but you don't have to go through all the Fastboot stuff, I believe. And now I must spend some time with hubby, he will think I married the N1 (I did, shhhh) :D
    My sigs keep getting

Page 9 of 163 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links