This is a discussion on Superboot within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey All! So, for the past week I've been trying to unlock my phone and the process for doing so was a burden. I am ...

Thread: Superboot

Hey All!

So, for the past week I've been trying to unlock my phone and the process for doing so was a burden. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I hear it's not the best OS to try and unlock the nexus one. Someone mentioned something about a program called "superboot" and I'm just wondering if it's just as effective as running adb devices?

Thanks for any future input.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know what superboot is, but I would be very surprised if there are tools that do not require you to have adb working first.

You can connect to your phone using adb on Win 7/64... I do it on a daily basis (well, five days a week at least). Getting it set up was not an "out of the box" experience though, I had to make a few small changes (which I had to research... they were not intuitive).

In your other thread, I posted the swt.jar for you... did you have problems getting the tools to run after making it available? It's possible that I can guide you further on getting adb to connect.

One problem I've seen with adb was with a Motorola Droid -- two different ones, "adb devices" would not see the droid (even though it had no trouble seeing three different N1's). Like the N1, the Droid properly showed up in the Windows device manager, indicating that the device driver recognized the hardware. I was eventually able to fix this by using the Windows device manager to uninstall the device driver, and then install it again --- no real change should have occurred in this, but something changed because the Droid's were then accessible. (And the N1's continued to be accessible).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links