problems unlocking bootloader

This is a discussion on problems unlocking bootloader within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well it seems i cant get the computer to recognize the phone. Im running windows 7 64...and before i tried to do this it mounted ...

Thread: problems unlocking bootloader

problems unlocking bootloader

Well it seems i cant get the computer to recognize the phone. Im running windows 7 64...and before i tried to do this it mounted and the os found the phone fine. Now i decided to unlock the bootloader and im having troubles. I installed the whole android sdk with usb drivers according to the noob guide on the forums here. Then i booted up the phone in fastboot and typed the commands and i still get waiting on device. Any thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by edking4 View Post
    Well it seems i cant get the computer to recognize the phone. Im running windows 7 64...and before i tried to do this it mounted and the os found the phone fine. Now i decided to unlock the bootloader and im having troubles. I installed the whole android sdk with usb drivers according to the noob guide on the forums here. Then i booted up the phone in fastboot and typed the commands and i still get waiting on device. Any thoughts?
    Make sure USB debugging is checked and you mount the SD card. Can Windows see the phone as a removable drive when you are trying to connect?

mah
    From a dos shell (perhaps within the sdk's tools directory), does "adb devices" show the device? If it does, I can't help you.

If it does not... in the Windows device manager, do you see the device under "Android Phone"?

...If not, you may not have the USB driver properly installed.
    ...If you do see it there, but "adb devices" doesn't see it, try this: in the device manager, for the Android Composite ADB Interface device, choose to uninstall the driver. Then reinstall it.

I don't know why that might work, but I had a similar problem (with multiple moto droids), and uninstalling then reinstalling the driver brought me to where adb could see the device. Odd thing was that I didn't have any trouble seeing N1's, just Droids.

hmm how do you check usb debugging and yes windows does see the phone as a removable disk

i installed the whole android sdk with usb driver package 3...was there something i missed. As in device manager it doesnt say android phone just lists it under usb devices.

Quote Originally Posted by edking4 View Post
    hmm how do you check usb debugging and yes windows does see the phone as a removable disk
    Settings > Application Settings > Development

Try to reinstall the drivers and then follow the directions mah gave.

Ok i turned on usb debugging. Then i went and reinstalled the whole sdk. Then checked device manager and it has the phone listed as "android 1.0"....and still when i run the command prompt it does not do anything.

Try this step-by-step. Don't skip ANYTHING, even if you've done it before. If this doesn't work, I can't help you.

Plug your phone in, just as if you were going to transfer a song or a picture. But this time don't pull down the shade and mount the SD card. You'll get a "Found New Hardware" message from Windows. Select "Locate and install driver software."
    Select "Don't search online."
    Select "I don't have the disk. Show me other options."
    Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
    Now browse to the SDK folder, and point Windows to the folder named usb_driver. Click the image below to enlarge it and see the usb_driver folder inside your Android SDK.

Leave "Include subfolders" checked, and click "Next." Windows might ask you if you're sure. Say yes if it does. When windows does it's thing, and asks you if you want to install the "Google ADB interface driver" say yes.

Unplug your phone and reboot your computer.

via:SDKs, drivers and roots - Oh, my! | Android Central

Thank you!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links