Why root my new N1?

This is a discussion on Why root my new N1? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Did it last night with cmod 5.0.5. Loving the battery life. Playing with it today....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why root my new N1?

Did it last night with cmod 5.0.5. Loving the battery life. Playing with it today.

You guys are the greatest and most knowledgeable of all the forums I read..I am going to root my phone this weekend...I am a noob, super noob if you will. I have been having issues with tmo 3g coverage. But after reading this forum, I am going to go for it...from what I can tell..just take your time and read, read 1st...couple questions for you rooting geniuses....will I be able to access the market with ease as I do now and can you forsee Google unleashing an update that would be better than cyan...probably not but dont bash me too hard for asking a dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    You guys are the greatest and most knowledgeable of all the forums I read..I am going to root my phone this weekend...I am a noob, super noob if you will. I have been having issues with tmo 3g coverage. But after reading this forum, I am going to go for it...from what I can tell..just take your time and read, read 1st...couple questions for you rooting geniuses....will I be able to access the market with ease as I do now and can you forsee Google unleashing an update that would be better than cyan...probably not but dont bash me too hard for asking a dumb question.

Yes you can access Google market as normal with the mod. I never had any problems navigating through. As far as Google unleashing a better update against Cyanogen, most of the updates google released are just fixes from previous ones if not some new stuff are added. I always keep in mind that moders like Cyanogen have something better than OS roms as long as its not in Beta stage.

hey, please help me....i just got a nexus one...rooted it =) but im seeing all this stuff about cyagonen mod 5 or whatever,..what does that do?..i flashed modacos alpha 19 on here...is that the same?...and if not , how do i install and use both?

Quote Originally Posted by android8282 View Post
    hey, please help me....i just got a nexus one...rooted it =) but im seeing all this stuff about cyagonen mod 5 or whatever,..what does that do?..i flashed modacos alpha 19 on here...is that the same?...and if not , how do i install and use both?

they are just different ROMs. It's all about personal preference. CyanogenMod is basically stock but more speed, and more options. Modacos is the Desire ROM on the Nexus. You wont be able to run both at the same time you would have to reboot into recovery and flash the other ROM. If you are going to be switching ROMS often I suggest getting Quick Boot from the Market, just lets you get into Recovery a little bit faster. Hope i answered your questions.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

so, whats the Bluetooth issue with rooting?
    I mean the Bluetooth in its current stock form has issues, i can't stream audio without there being skips and such which Google is supposed to be aware of and coming out with a fix at the next big update?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I just rooted my phone and OMG did it take me forever...I am such a noob. I started at 10:09 with a full battery...there are a lot of things you have to be aware of..small things that will cost you hours of time. Anyway I am tired no, so after work tomorrow I will start playing with all the cool features. I got a lot of info from searching this forum..actually had the best answers and sure enough like Neonmonster, Ralphie speaks and some others said..."every problem I ran into, I searched and found it in one thread or another" thanks again everybody...now I can enjoy more features even if I am still on the EDGE network with Tmo.LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by importflip View Post
    Playing with it today.
    Yes, but what about your Nexus One? :rofl3:
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re. Ok cool. Which is the more stable Rom for everyday use that don't have any problems and everything is working. Thank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links