Dual Boot? Cyanogen + Modaco Desire ROM

This is a discussion on Dual Boot? Cyanogen + Modaco Desire ROM within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is this possible? I would like to test the Desire ROM but I also want to keep Cyanogen as my main ROM. Is this possible?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Boot? Cyanogen + Modaco Desire ROM

Dual Boot? Cyanogen + Modaco Desire ROM

Is this possible? I would like to test the Desire ROM but I also want to keep Cyanogen as my main ROM. Is this possible?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not quite dual boot, but you can do nandroid backup, wipe, flash new rom. After you set up new rom, nandroid back up again. Then you would have 2 fully functional sets which you can switch back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Not quite dual boot, but you can do nandroid backup, wipe, flash new rom. After you set up new rom, nandroid back up again. Then you would have 2 fully functional sets which you can switch back and forth.
    Its a pretty long process. I want a nice and simple one lol cause I know I'll probably be going back and fourth comparing and stuff..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd be curious to find out if anybody has a simpler way of doing it.

Do you know if it's even possible to do dual boot on a phone like the Nexus One? I read somewhere that the HTC HD2 was capable of dual booting Win Mobile 6.5 and Android, although its still a project under developement.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i can't speak to the dual boot, but.... IMO, using nandroids to create/manage/use different ROMS is a fairly simple but somewhat time consuming process. most of my time is spent configuring things that couldn't be automated, e.g., initial setup of email accounts, ringtones for contacts, noticiations. for apps, i use Android Commander to automatically install paid/free apps using apk backups copied to my laptop (via Android Commander).

i currently have nandroid backups for CM 5.0.5.2 & the Desire ROM (Alpha18) on my phone (and my laptap) and i have successfully gone from one-to-the-other without a problem. i also have a stock nandroid for the official ERE27 ROM from Google that i occasionally use for testing and troubleshooting. as others have mentioned moving between ROMS requires a full wipe (of data, cache and dalvik cache) to work. in addition it may take a few extra minutes on the first boot after a restore but i can confirm it works (for me, anyway).

i could never do this with a WinMo phone!

I am using ROM Manager Application. Swapping and backing up has been made extremely simple, plus you get to name your back ups. I swap from Desire to CM, and now want to add more ROMs, because it's made simpler.

eXodus: Can you help? I downloaded ROM Manager and then clicked "clockwork recovery." Now when I go into recovery mode, it's not Amon_RA 1.7.0. (Duh...I should have known what Clockwork Recovery means....my idiot move of the day.)

How do I go back to the old recovery?

eXodus: Can you help? I downloaded ROM Manager and then clicked "clockwork recovery." Now when I go into recovery mode, it's not Amon_RA 1.7.0. (Duh...I should have known what Clockwork Recovery means....my idiot move of the day.)

How do I go back to the old recovery?
    TechieGirl, in my opinion the ClockWork Recovery is pretty good if not perhaps a bit better, you can navigate through your SD card for ROMs. Also Once you get the application installed on your multiple back up ROMs, backing up and switching like i said is pretty simple, the phone reboots, and backs up automatically.

I want to assume that this will work to recover the Amon_RA 1.7.0., I felt the same way you did How To: Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices | The Unlockr

Thanks eXodus. I can't re-flash recovery until I get home tonight. I'll give this a try for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links