Problem with Rooting?

This is a discussion on Problem with Rooting? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey all, I'm in the process of rooting my phone and installing Cyanogen Mod 5.0.5.3 (the latest one) I'm using this guide: How to hack ...

Thread: Problem with Rooting?

Exclamation Problem with Rooting?

Hey all,

I'm in the process of rooting my phone and installing Cyanogen Mod 5.0.5.3
    (the latest one)

I'm using this guide:
    How to hack your Nexus One to run Cyanogen for a good performance boost (and some serious geek cred)
    With all the latest versions of the files needed.

Now I got to the point where I'm in the bootloader recovery and I have to choose the Cyanogen mod .zip and the google apps .zip

When choosing them, it said no zip files so I shut down my phone and put my sd card in my iMac and recompressed both files. (Because Safari automatically unzips them)

Now I go back, choose the Cyanogen mod.zip and it says:

E:No signature (1593 files)
    E:Verification failed
    Installation Aborted

What should I do?

I didn't think this process would have any complications...

Thanks.

EDIT: Could it be because I am using the AT&T version?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First off, DO NOT download the files to your Mac. Your computer will unzip them and then they will never work. I was running into that. They will work perfectly if you download the .zips directly into your phone's SD card. When your phone is plugged into your computer, mount the SD card, and (on mine at least) it showed up as NO NAME on my desktop.

DL all .zip files directly to NO NAME. Do not compress the unzipped files, they lose something that makes them work. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyE30 View Post
    First off, DO NOT download the files to your Mac. Your computer will unzip them and then they will never work. I was running into that. They will work perfectly if you download the .zips directly into your phone's SD card. When your phone is plugged into your computer, mount the SD card, and (on mine at least) it showed up as NO NAME on my desktop.

DL all .zip files directly to NO NAME. Do not compress the unzipped files, they lose something that makes them work. I don't know why.
    It works!

Wow thank you so much!

np

My favorite beer

Just one problem now...
    I'm stuck at the boot logo, it was original nexus and then went only cyan but now it's just an infinite loop...

edit: I'll start from 'g' again on the guide you sent me. See if that works.

edit 2: Wiped, Reinstalled Cm and Gapps.

I'm now a proud owner of a Cyanogen Nexus! :D

Now you can DL the CM Updater from the market, which makes it a TON easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    My favorite beer

Just one problem now...
    I'm stuck at the boot logo, it was original nexus and then went only cyan but now it's just an infinite loop...

Just a heads up, it's not unusual for the phone to take an extremely long time to boot the first time after flashing cyanogen. If it stays like that for 10 minutes, just pull the battery and try again
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    My favorite beer

Just one problem now...

Just a heads up, it's not unusual for the phone to take an extremely long time to boot the first time after flashing cyanogen. If it stays like that for 10 minutes, just pull the battery and try again
    I had to learn that the hard way lol but thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links