calibrate your battery

This is a discussion on calibrate your battery within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks Fury I'm flummoxed.... I'm also confused ... Ry Guy Quotes "Discharge phone until it won't turn on (red LED is showing), then recharge until ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: calibrate your battery

Thanks Fury

I'm flummoxed....

I'm also confused ...

Ry Guy Quotes

"Discharge phone until it won't turn on (red LED is showing), then recharge until the LED is green. Leave it like that for two hours. (Make sure the phone is on when you start the recharging process)."

How???????? do i Make sure that the phone is on when i start the recharging process if it won't turn on???

I AM HIGHLY CONFUSED AND UNNERVED!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    for the moment, im going to stick with what im doing right now, keep my N1 from hitting 0%, and try not to overcharge.

Even with the facts, i doubt i would change my routine extravagantly , too much of a hassle for me (being a lazy bum )

Fury
    Need some light...

AndroidIsTheTruth?
    Beer Goggles?
    Wera?
    Anyone?

Thanks Fury

I'm flummoxed....

I'm also confused ...

Ry Guy Quotes

"Discharge phone until it won't turn on (red LED is showing), then recharge until the LED is green. Leave it like that for two hours. (Make sure the phone is on when you start the recharging process)."

How???????? do i Make sure that the phone is on when i start the recharging process if it won't turn on???

Why not just turn the phone back on Once you have plugged it into the Charger?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thank you slim, but is this methodology for extending battery life correct?

Thank you slim, but is this methodology for extending battery life correct?

I tend to think not, to be honest. In my experience, simple normal usage and recharging before the phone goes dead seems to be the best for LiIon batteries. But hey, what do I know?

"However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation"

Source: Charging lithium-ion batteries

"Manufacturers rate the lithium-ion battery at an 80% depth of discharge. Repeated full (100%) discharges would lower the specified cycle count. It is therefore recommended to charge lithium-ion more often rather than letting it discharge down too low. Periodic full discharges are not needed because lithium-ion is not affected by memory."

Note in particular, the last sentence refers to full discharge with intent to override 'memory effect' as seen in NiCd/Nimh cells..Li-Ion cells suffer virtually no 'memory effects' by charge behaviour, so routine full discharge serves no purpose other than reducing overall charge cycle longevity. Insofar as charge frequency suggested, most of us are charging daily, which is plenty 'more often'.

Source: Discharge Methods

"A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate. (Read more in 'Choosing the right battery for portable computing', Part Two.)"

This suggests a full discharge and recharge is a great first step to troubleshooting charging or duration issues, which is why I suggest doing it first. All we can rely upon is actual duration before shutdown, and what the meter tells us is occurring...it's important that the meter be reporting capacity accurately before prejudicing your observed results.

Source: How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Smile Thank you Alphawave!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Thank you Sir!

I will keep my Battery between 30 & 50%
    and then full discharge normally to shutdown for calibration, OCCASIONALLY (i.e. When the Occasion demands it

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by bmn111 View Post
    There is so much ignorance in this thread it hurts.

If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut.
    Yea, thanks for contributing, your helping ever one out here.

Quote Originally Posted by bmn111 View Post
    There is so much ignorance in this thread it hurts.

If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut.
    Thank you for your input!
    bmn111

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links