How To: Root Your Phone From Stock FRF91

This is a discussion on How To: Root Your Phone From Stock FRF91 within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by joelft Full Update Guide - Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki it says "Place the radio update.zip file on the root of your ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To: Root Your Phone From Stock FRF91

Quote Originally Posted by joelft View Post
    Full Update Guide - Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki

it says "Place the radio update.zip file on the root of your SD card." could someone explain that to me? ive unlocked my bootloader and dont want to waste my warranty!
    If you need to update the radio, do it off the SDCard
    If your radio version is 4.06.00.12.7 (you will see that in the bootloader menu on the top), you dont need to worry about it and just go ahead to flash recovery and Cyanogenmod.

Hi guys,

I just tried to unlock and root my nexus (in FRF91)... the unlock worked fine; then I try to flash AmonRA recovery, I did "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", I got a OK message on the pc but now I cannot enter to AmonRA recovery. Everytime I try, I get the default recovery... Any idea how to fix this?... I saw in amonra forums, and they say this problem is because there is a "/etc/install-recovery.sh" file, I tried to deleted but I cannot coz I don't have "su" access yet... well, any help will be wellcome

Quote Originally Posted by fernandroid View Post
    Hi guys,

I just tried to unlock and root my nexus (in FRF91)... the unlock worked fine; then I try to flash AmonRA recovery, I did "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", I got a OK message on the pc but now I cannot enter to AmonRA recovery. Everytime I try, I get the default recovery... Any idea how to fix this?... I saw in amonra forums, and they say this problem is because there is a "/etc/install-recovery.sh" file, I tried to deleted but I cannot coz I don't have "su" access yet... well, any help will be wellcome
    You might want to try again with stock recovery first and then install the custom recovery and see if it works for you

Make sure you wipe the device from the recovery before flashing the Cyanogen update

thanks for your answer... I'll try that... by chance, do you know where can I download the stock recovery?, is it the procedure the same? ('fastboot flash recovery stock-recovery.img", or smt like that...)

Quote Originally Posted by fernandroid View Post
    thanks for your answer... I'll try that... by chance, do you know where can I download the stock recovery?, is it the procedure the same? ('fastboot flash recovery stock-recovery.img", or smt like that...)
    The procedure still remains the same
    I am not sure if third-party links are allowed on this forum, if yes, get the stock recovery from [Nexus] [ROM] Original Nexus One Shipping Rom - Tutorial

Okay, it says "Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of your SD card."

there is no file named update.zip in the folder. please help me!

joelft,

Just copy it to the root of the sd card, whatever the name is and rename it "update", no quotes.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    joelft,

Just copy it to the root of the sd card, whatever the name is and rename it "update", no quotes.

Ken
    but what to i rename to "update"?

You are looking at a Cyanogen ROM, I assume. That zip file needs downloaded to your PC and copied to your sdcard. Once there rename it to update.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

"Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of your SD card.
    Optional: Place the Google Apps update.zip on the root of your SD card also."

I cant have both named "update"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links