How To: Root Your Phone From Stock FRF91

This is a discussion on How To: Root Your Phone From Stock FRF91 within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by chetanthaker Has anyone tried it yet? I'm a n00b at this and I have a Stock unlocked never-rooted Nexus One and I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How To: Root Your Phone From Stock FRF91

Quote Originally Posted by chetanthaker View Post
    Has anyone tried it yet?
    I'm a n00b at this and I have a Stock unlocked never-rooted Nexus One and I am kinda panicking looking at so many threads on the internet on how to root a N1

Would rather wait until someone tries it out first and posts.

Thanks
    Yes, I have Rooted 2.2 Nexus with Cyanagen 6.0RC2 Rom Installed. It Rips!

Hi, I have the Nex1 on 2.2 and want to Root it. Can someone explain what it will do for me, what pro's and con's there are and (as simply as possible) how do I do it. I have a PC with Windows 7.
    Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by ewan2010 View Post
    Hi, I have the Nex1 on 2.2 and want to Root it. Can someone explain what it will do for me, what pro's and con's there are and (as simply as possible) how do I do it. I have a PC with Windows 7.
    Thanks folks.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post65474

That's all you need to know. I'd recommend going for the stable Cyanogen (5.0.8?) instead of CM6 RC (since it is not 'officially out' and stable yet)

I rooted my stock FRF91 with these instructions and it worked great. If you havent rooted your phone yet, you should do it just for the added battery life by installing SetCPU. I get 2X my stock battery life.

Also, a friend of mine just rooted his nexus with a "one-click" rooting app that came out earlier this month. Seems to have worked great for him.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html

I used this one and worked flawlessly~!!!

rooting problem

i've got my N1 2.1 eclaire (epf30) about 2 weeks ago and since then i've been trying to update it to 2.2

so far so good...
    i have manage to update to 2.2 froyo (frf91) and unlock it but im having a hard time rooting it cause the superboot for frf91 from modaco is not working for me. i cant even unzip it. can anybody tell me what to do. tnx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by japongski View Post
    i've got my N1 2.1 eclaire (epf30) about 2 weeks ago and since then i've been trying to update it to 2.2

so far so good...
    i have manage to update to 2.2 froyo (frf91) and unlock it but im having a hard time rooting it cause the superboot for frf91 from modaco is not working for me. i cant even unzip it. can anybody tell me what to do. tnx!!!
    [ROM] FRG83(D) Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox, battery %, TB alert/wake 11/20/10 - xda-developers

I just installed the update from there, it has the root and all is working just fine for me. But I did have my bootloader unlocked. It was really easy using the rom manager though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links