Apps to sd card instantly *no root*

This is a discussion on Apps to sd card instantly *no root* within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; I stumbled across this last night... How to Install Apps to the SD Card by Default on Android 2.2 Froyo | larsa | Androinica ....it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps to sd card instantly *no root*

Apps to sd card instantly *no root*

I stumbled across this last night... How to Install Apps to the SD Card by Default on Android 2.2 Froyo | larsa | Androinica ....it may be old news to many...but not to me and it worked after playing with it for a while...now all my apps are immediately stored on my sd card when downloading,....and you can go in and move all apps there as well without having to wait for the devs to make it possible...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

r u getting any issues????

none at all at the moment....i played with it last night and made sure all the apps still ran as usual....the only thing that they point out is to not store widgets such as say beautiful widgets on the sd card because when you plug the phone in via usb they become unreadable for the time you have it plugged in....

This was posted a while back when Froyo was officially released for the Nexus. I've been using it since then. It's great! The only thing you have to look out for is when you install a new widget to make sure it's on the phone not the SD card. If it's on the SD card as soon as you reset your widget will be gone until you move it back to the phone.

Thank you bruce1981

Great Input/Insight

But

This still seems like a Hack to me...

Here's an "Officially" Developed List of Apps -

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-move-sd.html

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    This was posted a while back when Froyo was officially released for the Nexus. I've been using it since then. It's great! The only thing you have to look out for is when you install a new widget to make sure it's on the phone not the SD card. If it's on the SD card as soon as you reset your widget will be gone until you move it back to the phone.
    Thanks for this info. I set it up today, and it makes life so much more bearable for out of memory issues. :nexusx:

I would be careful about what you move to SD. I got bitten recently by an issue where my SD card had managed to get itself into a situation where it wasn't pressed in. You know how when you push it in it clicks into position. Well, mine had clicked itself out of position. The battery was keeping it almost pressed in, but not fully. To get it back in I had to remove the battery first. I have no idea how this happened, I didn't drop the phone.

I would keep only non-essential apps on the SD like games, silly novelty apps and other stuff you don't "need". All the apps you use daily and leave running are better off being not on the SD.

Like someone above said, when it's connected to USB and mounted, you lose all those apps temporarily.

Personally, I've moved all my apps except games back to main memory and I still have about 200MB free.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Aseems, I see you have a REFUSE TO ROOT on your reply. What's the problem with rooting as you see it? I'm thinking about rooting my Nexus One, that's why I ask.

ModInstallLocation...

...Does all of the command prompt stuff for you....in an easy and FREE app. Didn't discover it until after I did it the "harder" way, first. Works well.

edit: maybe I did have to root first...(1-click root, anyone???)

Does this work for moving things like flash player, Google maps and the market place to the SD card?
    Those are my biggest space eaters.
    With more free space I have no reason to desire a new phone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links