how to remove icon from homescreen?

This is a discussion on how to remove icon from homescreen? within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there, I accidently managed to put some icons on my home screen that i don't want there, please can someone tell me how to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to remove icon from homescreen?

how to remove icon from homescreen?

Hi there, I accidently managed to put some icons on my home screen that i don't want there, please can someone tell me how to get them back into the general menu?? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Just long press the icon, then you should be able to drag and drop it into a trash can that appears below.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Thanks. Just to make sure though, i dont want to delete it from the phone, just the home screen. will it still be in the main menu of apps if i do this??

yes it will still be there. this isn't an iphone hahaha

thank you for the help - and OMG am i glad this isnt an iphone or a motorola droid, tried both of them and HATED EVERY SECOND - THIS phone on the other hand is pure GENIUS

Hello there,i`m a new android and nexus s user.

Didn`t want to create a new topic for a similar problem so i`m just gonna bump this.

I read users manual and other stuff and searched google for this problem but didn`t find a solution yet.

I want to somehow group up (like in iphones) my applications , games and some other stuff on my home screen.(not talking about the other multiple desktops i know i can create folders and put shortcuts there)

I downloaded some applications and games , and now my home screen is too messy with the standart "music,settings,maps" etc with the downloaded applications` icons.

How do i group up stuff and make my home screen clearer ?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Not sure If I understand your question, but if you long press any icon you can them move it to any location on your home screen(s) that you want. Just drag it there. So if you want all of your games in one area, just clear that area and move them there. Keep in mind, that any icons you move to the trash bin will still be in you app drawer where you can long press them and drag them anywhere onto your home screen.

I prefer using folders. It's very neat and easily accessible. But it seems you knowall of this, so I'm not sure I helped.

Try SiMi Folder from the market.
    One icon on your home screen, which you click to access multiple programs...

I checked out SiMi Folder. Thought it was okay, but only slightly better than the folder widgets that come stock. Kept playing around with it and discovered that you can make invisible widgets on your home screen! Now I have nothing but a clock widget visible on my home screen and in various invisible spaces I can tap and get all of my bookmarks or games or organizer stuff! How cool is that!

Quote Originally Posted by darkainu View Post
    Hello there,i`m a new android and nexus s user.

Didn`t want to create a new topic for a similar problem so i`m just gonna bump this.

I read users manual and other stuff and searched google for this problem but didn`t find a solution yet.

I want to somehow group up (like in iphones) my applications , games and some other stuff on my home screen.(not talking about the other multiple desktops i know i can create folders and put shortcuts there)

I downloaded some applications and games , and now my home screen is too messy with the standart "music,settings,maps" etc with the downloaded applications` icons.

How do i group up stuff and make my home screen clearer ?

Thanks for the answers in advance.
    Hi, I am certainly no expert at this but I think I know what you want to do. I did it this way without downloading anything.
    1. Long press on an empty spot on the screen where you want to organise your stuff, a screenpops up "Add to home screen"
    2. Tap folders, a screen pops up "New folder"
    3. Tap "New folder" and a folder appears on the screen where you wanted it.
    4. Drag all your Stuff, I think you said Games into the new folder.
    5. Then rename "New folder" to what you want.
    I can't help you with renaming cuz it takes me forever to do it, but It can be done.

Hope this is what you were looking for

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads