Please help with htc magic phone

This is a discussion on Please help with htc magic phone within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi It won't allow me to connect to server. When I try to sign in with my google account it says: You don't have a ...

Thread: Please help with htc magic phone

Please help with htc magic phone

Hi

It won't allow me to connect to server. When I try to sign in with my google account it says:

You don't have a network connection. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again when you are connected. If it continues, call Customer Care.

Please help. What do I do? There is nothing wrong with the sim card and O2 won't help me

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by maccyisback View Post
    Hi

It won't allow me to connect to server. When I try to sign in with my google account it says:

You don't have a network connection. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again when you are connected. If it continues, call Customer Care.

Please help. What do I do? There is nothing wrong with the sim card and O2 won't help me
    My guess is that your APNs are not setup. Google your carriers name and APN and once you have this info go to settings>wireless>mobile networks and fill it in or often just doing that will trigger the phone to look for a network itself.

All this assumes of course that you have your providers sim card and have subscribed to a voice and data plan.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    First off, hello and welcome to the site.

Secondly this site is Nexus one based and there will be little support here to help you with your phone. However, because you phone is Google android based some suggestion may be helpful to you from other members.

There's could a series of issues wrong and it's hard to isolate without proper information.

My first question to you will be is the phone (magic) bought from O2 or is an O2 based phone? The reason I ask is because if the phone was branded for another company or different frequencies, O2 network information may be no set up correctly to access O2 network.

Secondly, do you have access to wifi and is the phone wifi capable. If so, connect to a wifi hotspot and you can set up your account through the wifi connect.

Thirdly is your SIMS card set up for data access?

Here is some information that may help you. I cannot vouch for this information as it pertains to a Dell Streak. However, more Google phones have the same setting set up.

O2 APN settings Froyo - Android @ MoDaCo

Good luck.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links