How to update nexus one FROYO 2.2.1 if the bootloader is unlocked???

This is a discussion on How to update nexus one FROYO 2.2.1 if the bootloader is unlocked??? within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi to all: I hope someone can help me. I have my nexus one, but the bootloader is unlocked (you know, when u turn on, ...

Thread: How to update nexus one FROYO 2.2.1 if the bootloader is unlocked???

Hi to all:

I hope someone can help me. I have my nexus one, but the bootloader is unlocked (you know, when u turn on, u see a lock image at the bottom of the screen). Well, I have received the message that i can update my nexus via OTA, but when i started to updated it, i have an error and i cant install the update. So, please help me, Does anybody knows, how can i update my nexus???

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Same with my problem. Please help us. Thanks

You guys could try flashing it through recovery if you are rooted then you could even flash a prerooted version.

Dude,

If they are rooted I think it will unroot them

And, they may just be at the screen where they need to press vol+ and pwr at same time to get to recovery

Fuzzy on that--but think it is right

If they google guide to installing OTA, there are posts out there--like this:
    Download Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread (GRI40) for Nexus One | Jaxov

If you can install an app like SuperUser you are rooted

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Dude,

If they are rooted I think it will unroot them

And, they may just be at the screen where they need to press vol+ and pwr at same time to get to recovery

Fuzzy on that--but think it is right

If they google guide to installing OTA, there are posts out there--like this:
    Download Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread (GRI40) for Nexus One | Jaxov

If you can install an app like SuperUser you are rooted

Ken
    I know it will unroot them but I didn't think that mattered to them my bad for not asking just I thought that if they had root access they would have said that instead of having an unlocked bootloader.

And ya that could be it (and ya it's vol+ and power) but if they only make it there then there is a problem because the ota should bring them at least to the start of the install then after that there could be an error because of the bootloader or something they did with root access (if they have it).

And I'll have to disagree with you on that last point because anyone can download an app that requires root just they won't be able to use it correctly without root access.

lol yea, I guess I took that for granted that they would try to use it

Hopefully it will work out--op may have already figured it out

my link has a good update and root guide--one of the better ones I have seen
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ya if they figured it out good for them and glad they did, if not then they can either ask again or figure it out on there own XD

Question

Hi,

Recently I flashed my 2.2.1 N1 to
    cm-7.0.2.1 but it was failed (status 7) then trying to roll-back but it was stucked on the flash triangle start-up.

Well I decided to roll back to 2.1-update1 build number EPE76 as per
    [TIPS] Stuck On FRF91? Want To Downgrade To Get Root? Click Here! - xda-developers but again it was failed to upgrade cm mode.

Could you please help me with to upgrade step by step or from a source that you know

Rgds,

Ok well sounds to me that you don't have root access to get root access there are many ways the only thing is I need to know what version of android you are running at this moment. To test if you have root access or not download the terminal emulator app and type the command "su" (no quotes) and they you should be prompted by super user tap allow then if the "$" turns into a "#" you are rooted.

If you are rooted then you need a custom recovery I know you don't have that because you get the triangle exclamation mark which is stock recovery. To flash a recovery there are also many ways the easiest is to download ROM manager then flash clockwork mod 2.5.x.x (under all clockwork mod recoveries) because the 3.x ones are known to have issues. Now if you are not comfortable in recovery then keep that and you can use the advantages of ROM manager but if you are comfortable then I would suggest taping on flash alternative recovery (Amon-RA) which I find is much better but if you use that you can't use ROM manager.

Hello,

Currently running on 2.1-update1; Baseband version 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2; Kernel version 2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2 andriod-build@apa26#1; Build number EPE76.

And when I executed $su > su: permission denied

Ads