Force 3G on T-Mobile! No more Edge!

This is a discussion on Force 3G on T-Mobile! No more Edge! within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Ry Guy Hey there, I'm Ry Guy, an employee from the Google Nexus One Help Forum. We just posted an update to ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Force 3G on T-Mobile! No more Edge!

Quote Originally Posted by Ry Guy View Post
    Hey there,

I'm Ry Guy, an employee from the Google Nexus One Help Forum. We just posted an update to the 3G issue and I know some of you will be interested. You can check it out here: Spotty 3G Part 2? - Android Help

Regards,
    Ry Guy
    Thanks! We're looking forward to this.

T-Mobile web/data fix

So I had T-Mobile and bought $579 N1, so I changed my plan to the new More minutes plus with unlimited text & web. But couldn't get past web2go upgrade needed page. So after three days on Google & forums, I found that in wireless/networks of settings menu, then mobile networks, Access Point Names, then tap whatever APN it shows, scroll to APN & change to wap.voicestream.com. Mine was epc.T-Mobile.com. I read & tried many APN's trust that, this only one that has worked. And everyone on forum who reads this remember, talk it through for noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
    I pay $24.95 for the BlackBerry data plan. I'd been using it with my BlackBerry 9700. When my Nexus One arrived I took the SIM out of my Blackberry and into my Nexus One without changing plans.

So far as I'm aware you still need a data plan with T-Mobile. I'd heard previously that all Android phones required a special plan to operate -- but apparently that's not true or the T-Mobile BlackBerry plan works.

Note that I don't use any visual voicemail or other T-Mobile features so I can vouch for how those add-ons may or may not operate under a non-Android plan.

I'm in the same boat as you, I had a 9700 with a grandfather blackberry plan 1000 min unlimited everything else paying $57 after taxes. Got my nexus one popped in the sim and I have perfect 3g service (NYC) all the time. I'm glad I didn't have to change my plan b/c the one they have no give me less and I pay more.

wow this works... im gettin more bars and im getting an average of 4 mbps down and 1.5 up at my house
    i used to get 1mbps down and .5 up

edit
    ohh i just found out that they recently rolled hspa+ in my city thats why the speeds went up LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Does that mean that if 3g isn't available, then you won't have any data access? Hmm, I might try this, but sometimes EDGE is better than nothing. :P
    I tried this - I live in the back woods of Maine - GPRS land - So I turned off my wifi and still got a GPRS signal.

thanks for this how-to helped me out.

reverse process

Is there a way to reverse the process if it doesn't work i.e. Back to edge, I'm in San Diego, anybody know the 3G coverage here. Please help Noob out!! thx

3G more settings info

Hey All,

Can those in the know post the complete instructions on controlling
    the nexus one radio?

In US but not a major city....need both 3G and 2G but would certainly
    like more options rather than less BUT do not want to brick my phone,
    as no reversal info was included I am reluctant to do it.......

Also I have a phone book issue -- my contacts are disappearing or not showing up, have several accounts (Google, Yahoo, Live) and this disappearing contacts is causing problems ---weird thing is when I then find the number and manually dial it, the contact shows -- so it is in there.
    ALREADY messed with show accts., last name, first name....makes no difference, they are in there, it is just a display issue....how manage display so all users with phone numbers show (or all users with email, or whatnot)>

TANKS
    Murph10

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    Ok this is truly weird...

I haven't been able to lose 3G signal inside the office ever since I switched the option.

And if my mind isn't playing tricks on me... I'm seeing more bars than I should.
    Oh wait, nevermind.

I can confirm if 3G connection is lost, you do not get data at all (obviously) and will not jump on the EDGE band.

Still going to leave it on as I'm seeing some improvement in my bars overall. That's a whole different theory.
    Don't know about where your at, but in Tilton, NH if I turn off the wifi, an EDGE connection is established (normal in this area, it's GPRS where I'm from in Maine) and I can surf the web.

Oh my oh my oh my god i believe this is the greatest thank you very much.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links