Install Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Install Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Admin To enable the visual voicemail on T-Mobile, you need to do the following: Download the app and install it Call T-Mobile ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Install Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    To enable the visual voicemail on T-Mobile, you need to do the following:

• Download the app and install it
    • Call T-Mobile
    • The rep can't add it automatically via the account features list -- it will error out
    • The rep has to first manually update your IMEI number (of which you need to read from the back of your box)
    • Then the rep has to wait for that to update (took several minutes)
    • Then the rep has to go back to the features list and then add visual voicemail manually
    • Try changing your phone from Unknown Device to MyTouch 3G at my.t-mobile.com and add the Visual Voicemail under Services
    • If your voicemail is still being delivered the traditional way wait until you receive a text from T-Mobile (about 24 hours) stating that your account change has been updated, it will then work via the application

Originally from: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n....html#post3244

Other helpful threads:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ile-issue.html
    i called tmobile and read off this list to them,, they did it all and it still dont work, they told me its a phone issue and to call google ?.?.?.?
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

I downloaded the app and then setup the service through tmobile.com and I still could not get it to work. I then left a voicemail then uninstalled the app and then reinstalled. Now the app works with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by switch42 View Post
    I downloaded the app and then setup the service through tmobile.com and I still could not get it to work. I then left a voicemail then uninstalled the app and then reinstalled. Now the app works with no problems.
    that worked for me!!!
    THX much
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by switch42 View Post
    that worked for me!!!
    THX much
    No problem. I am glad that it worked for someone else.

so,, now do these save as audio files on the phone? or on the t-mobile server?

is there a limit to how many we can save? does it get filled up?

i imagine if there is a limit then they are on the t-mobile server,, if there is no limit then they are saved as audio files on our sd cards

I also set up visual voicemail without having to call t-Mobile:

Go to myTmobile.com
    Change your phone type from unknown to MyTouch 3G
    Go in to change services
    Add Visual Voicemail (no charge)
    Go through the confirmation steps.
    Download the app from the Marketplace
    Install the app and run it.
    In my case, I already had a few messages in my mailbox.

I'm not sure how fast the t-mobile network does the update after you have enabled the visual voicemail service. In my case, I think it was maybe 5 minutes or so between the time I confirmed the change on mytmobile.com and successfully ran the app on the N1 and got my mailbox contents.

Pretty poor app in its current form. Does not appear to work (e.g., communicate with the remote voicemail servers) if WiFi is on. That is, has to be in 3G data mode. Also, freezes screen, has repeated forced close, duplicates messages, etc.

Too bad.

if i also installed google visual voice mail, can i use also tmobile visual voicemail?
    cause i have installed both but my tmobile visual voice mail is not working. it keeps asking me to upgrade my service even when i have contact tmobile that i want visual voicemail
    any ideas whats going on?
    or is it cause i have google visual voicemail?

Quote Originally Posted by christian666 View Post
    if i also installed google visual voice mail, can i use also tmobile visual voicemail?
    cause i have installed both but my tmobile visual voice mail is not working. it keeps asking me to upgrade my service even when i have contact tmobile that i want visual voicemail
    any ideas whats going on?
    or is it cause i have google visual voicemail?
    keep calling them... it took 3 calls before i talked to someone who was able to troubleshoot and correct my problem.

So...when I logged into the t-mobile site and chose the my touch 3g it wouldn't allow me to add the visual voicemail and stated it conflicted with my existing service (already added the android data plan)

Today I downloaded the app, called t-mobile and 5 minutes later everything was working.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links