Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

This is a discussion on Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Before doing or reading below staements what screen are you seeing: What you posted: HBOOT <VOL UP> to previous item <VOL ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

Junior Member arvindkumarbhardwaj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Before doing or reading below staements what screen are you seeing:

What you posted:

HBOOT
    <VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

Or a black screen?

Was your phone working well on the rom?

Do you have a nandroid backup?

Always back up your sdcard to your PC and Nandroid backup before flashing anything.

On restarting, what did you do before this happened, install any apps etc.

Try this, 3 finger salute--Hold down pwr/vol-(down)/trackball at same time until phone reboots into fastboot screen. Press vol- to hightlite recovery. Press pwr button to select recovery. The select reboot system.
    Very brief - I took this phone on ebay and not much familiar with taking backing up etc. As per seller I tried to to do factory reset as It was not working properly.

I tried now all the three options-
    FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE

But problem is that, after doing all i get back screen "htc" written on it and nothing comes after that.

please help, thanks for quick reply.

I am not real good at this and someone else will chime in.

But, when you do the 3 finger salute I mentioned and you highlite and select recovery does it boot into recovery screen with the option to reboot system now/install zip from sdcard etc?

Where did you (what screen) do factory reset from?

Assuming phone works and you did not get taken, you need to get a rom back on phone somehow.

If you bought bad phone--caveat emptor!

People here will help, just give them time.

Are you familiar with the terminology we use on flashing roms and doing nandorids (backups thru recovery). If not it may take awhile and you may want to review some stickies on flashing roms.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I am not real good at this and someone else will chime in.

But, when you do the 3 finger salute I mentioned and you highlite and select recovery does it boot into recovery screen with the option to reboot system now/install zip from sdcard etc?

Where did you (what screen) do factory reset from?

Assuming phone works and you did not get taken, you need to get a rom back on phone somehow.

If you bought bad phone--caveat emptor!

People here will help, just give them time.

Are you familiar with the terminology we use on flashing roms and doing nandorids (backups thru recovery). If not it may take awhile and you may want to review some stickies on flashing roms.

Ken
    I got some info from attched vedio [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggx9NWrch0&p=E4C51F340EEEB3A6&playnext=1& index=7]YouTube - Running the HTC Desire ROM on the Google Nexus One[/ame] and I followed the same. But the problem after indtalling the rom from sdcard and wiping the data, as per vedio I restarted the phone without memory card and that time i got only nexus one logo and I waited for around 20 minutes or more. Then i inserted the sdcard and restrated again i now I got HTC screen also but that screen is not going and I am not able to restart the phone.

Please help me let me know what could be the possible cause.

I am not familiar with flashing roms and doing nandorids (backups thru recovery).

I have to call it a nite, others will be helping soon or tomorrow, depends on everyone's time zone.

If you get it working back up sdcard to pc. Make sure you mount and unmount correctly thru usb cable. You have to close pc window showing sdcard and click on the device icon in system tray at bottom of pc screen to get ok to umount on two items before unplugging phone. You video fine is a good start. There is a lot of info out there and confusing. I spent dozens and dozens of hours researching before I did anything.

We still don't know if you bought a good phone. Did it work until you did something.

Can you not do the the 3 finger salute I mentioned and get to the screen in the video with the 3 green androids at the bottom. You got to get there and get into recovery as it shows on video and I described. If you can do that you may need to download a rom to your pc and copy to root of phone sdcard so you can install it thru recovery. Recovery will be a green screen with reboot and install choices like the video should show.

I think you may have a blank sdcard. And you may not have a recovery image on phone, hence no longer rooted. If so, you will need to install the foryo 2.2 rom and start over on rooting. I am not sure on all though.

First we need to get you into the green recovery screen and see if you can mount sdcard from there. It is a "usb toggle" choice. If the card is blank it may need reformatted before putting anything on it. A good app for that is sdformatter from the web.

If you can't get into recovery phone may be shot.

Don't give up and lets see what others say.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Not really sure what the 3 finger whatever is...

There are 3 ways to boot your phone:
    1 - Normal; just power up and it should boot into the ROM. This doesn't appear to be working on your phone. We need to fix...

2 - Boot into Bootloader (hboot); to do this, you start with phone powered down, then press and hold volume down, then power (still holding volume down). After a few seconds, you can release power then volume down. This will give the following menu:
    FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

3 - Boot into Fastboot; to do this, you start with phone powered down, then press and hold trackball, then power (still holding trackball). After a few seconds, you can release power then trackball. This will give the following menu:
    BOOTLOADER
    REBOOT
    REBOOT BOOTLOADER
    POWER DOWN

You can toggle between Bootloader and Fastboot by the first selection in each menu. You can select Recovery from the Bootloader.

Since you can't select Recovery, you don't have a lot of options (no adb access).
    If your Bootloader is unlocked, you can use Fastboot from your PC to flash new images, but I suspect that isn't the case...

My recommendation would be to try and flash a stock image, and then start all over again. If you have a working backup, you can re-root and restore your backup later...

Read here:
    Nexus One/Guides & Tutorials - XDA-Developers

Follow the passimg method...

Hope this helps! :D

I have to call it a nite, others will be helping soon or tomorrow, depends on everyone's time zone.

If you get it working back up sdcard to pc. Make sure you mount and unmount correctly thru usb cable. You have to close pc window showing sdcard and click on the device icon in system tray at bottom of pc screen to get ok to umount on two items before unplugging phone. You video fine is a good start. There is a lot of info out there and confusing. I spent dozens and dozens of hours researching before I did anything.

We still don't know if you bought a good phone. Did it work until you did something.

Can you not do the the 3 finger salute I mentioned and get to the screen in the video with the 3 green androids at the bottom. You got to get there and get into recovery as it shows on video and I described. If you can do that you may need to download a rom to your pc and copy to root of phone sdcard so you can install it thru recovery. Recovery will be a green screen with reboot and install choices like the video should show.

I think you may have a blank sdcard. And you may not have a recovery image on phone, hence no longer rooted. If so, you will need to install the foryo 2.2 rom and start over on rooting. I am not sure on all though.

First we need to get you into the green recovery screen and see if you can mount sdcard from there. It is a "usb toggle" choice. If the card is blank it may need reformatted before putting anything on it. A good app for that is sdformatter from the web.

Thanks for all your help, I am able to restart the phone now and its working now. But I am not able to use camera or camcorder. Its not working not sure if hardware or software problem.

when I look software information in my cell here is what i could see
    andriod version - 2.2
    baseband version - 32.41.00.32US.08.00.04
    Kernel version - 2.6.35.6-eViL--10/10--1
    deep@deep-desktop #60
    Sun Oct 10 11:05:16 PDT 2010
    Bild Number - 1.28.405 CL266215 release key
    Software Number eViL's NXSense HD v.0.08
    Browser version webkit 3.1

My primary intention is to test wether my camera is working or not as I have purchased this phone over ebay two days back.

Quote Originally Posted by arvindkumarbhardwaj View Post

Thanks for all your help, I am able to restart the phone now and its working now. But I am not able to use camera or camcorder. Its not working not sure if hardware or software problem.

andriod version - 2.2
    deep@deep-desktop #60

My primary intention is to test wether my camera is working or not as I have purchased this phone over ebay two days back.
    It could just be your ROM or a Kernel thats not Compatible with the Cam.

You could try flashing a New Rom to see if the Camera works.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindkumarbhardwaj View Post

andriod version - 2.2
    deep@deep-desktop #60

It could just be your ROM or a Kernel thats not Compatible with the Cam.

You could try flashing a New Rom to see if the Camera works.
    while looking at my ROM details can you tell whether camera works on it or not. is there any other way to test camera other than installing new ROM(as I am new to it and dont want to take risk agian). Is there any other way other than new ROM please help me.

arvindkumarbhardwaj,

You are on right track by following these threads and googling issues and terminology or asking here, or by starting your own thread, you will get the hang of this rom stuff. One step at a time.

Glad the phone works, what did you exactly do to fix it.

You have eVil's rom, a desire rom, albeit older, radio is older too, I think. It may be a for the Korean 5.08 radio, but can't remember where I saw the US with it. No big deal at the moment.

Couple questions:

1. Can you go to menu, settings, sd and phone storage, and see if your sd card is recognized and what numbers are there.

2. Can you list all apps by going to settings, apps, manage apps (while there make sure unknown sources box is checked), all, and see if you have Superuser,Titanium backup, and Rom Manager. Super user will let us know you are still rooted. Titanium and Rom Mgr will allow backups.

3. Can you boot into recovery like we talked about. Or if things are working you could just turn phone off and hold down vol- and pwr at same time till it boots into recovery.

If can get to the recovery screen and find backup and restore you could make a backup then you can always restore it until you get more updated.

Also, while on recovery screen you can see either at top or bottom of screen what the name of the recovery image you have is; Amon Ra 1.7.0.1? or 2.5.0.1? which is rom mgr.

If you have Titanium you can open it, tap on problems and tap on Yes, do it. Busy box will be installed. then when back at main screen menu, refresh apps list. Then from main screen tap on backup and restore at top and find camera and camcorder. Tap on each one and select restore. Before you do that though maybe swipe menu and tap on batch and tap on backup all apps and user data.

The two apps camera and camcorder are found on desire roms unlike just one icon for both on froyo based roms.

In doing some reading on eVil's thread, camera and camcorder problems may be inherent in that rom.

A place to start reading, covers recovery images and flashing roms. ADB/SDK has to do with doing things from a windows command prompt. If you see Terminal Emualtor it is a program from the market that allows you flash radios and recoveries from the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...:Nexus_One.png

This is the thread on XDA Forums for eVil's HD roms. Yours spawned from here. You can register and post there too for help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=791151

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Camera and Camcorder definitely don't work on these HD roms. You will need to learn how to upadate roms and radios or go back to basic froyo unrooted.

If you like desire look I use Micro Mod 2.10:

[ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers

Your radio is definitely very old. Needs updated to update roms. We need to know what recovery you have.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links