Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

This is a discussion on Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; I would hold off on the radio... The radio is the Korean one... US.08 is probably a typo for U_5.08 I would get comfortable flashing ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

I would hold off on the radio...

The radio is the Korean one...
    US.08 is probably a typo for U_5.08

I would get comfortable flashing ROMs before moving on to radios. If you screw up the radio, you can kiss your phone goodbye...

Recovery will not be effecting the camera...

Like Slim said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, however, there are few easy things to try first...

Try each of these separately (not all at once):
    1 - from home screen, select Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Select the All tab, find the camera and video can apps and wipe all data (and cache if there is any).
    2 - try extracting a another copy of the cameras from the same version of the ROM (extract the ROM zip, and find the apk). Don't use the newer ROM, since it already lists camera and video recording as WIP (work in progress).
    3 - DL a different camera from the market, and give it a try...

Like I said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, but these are easy enough to try first, then move on to ROMs (most come pre-packaged with the kernel).

If you're not comfortable flashing ROMs, you can try ROM Manager from the market...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Having read a bit more on Evil's HD ROM, I would definitely say it's the ROM/kernel.
    Your version of the ROM is .08
    Current version is .09 (released 10/29)
    Current version says camera and video recording are WIP.

I find it hard to believe that it was working great in .08, but somehow doesn't work in .09
    My guess is that the camera in this ROM has never been fully functional...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I would hold off on the radio...

The radio is the Korean one...
    US.08 is probably a typo for U_5.08

I would get comfortable flashing ROMs before moving on to radios. If you screw up the radio, you can kiss your phone goodbye...

Recovery will not be effecting the camera...

Like Slim said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, however, there are few easy things to try first...

Try each of these separately (not all at once):
    1 - from home screen, select Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Select the All tab, find the camera and video can apps and wipe all data (and cache if there is any).
    2 - try extracting a another copy of the cameras from the same version of the ROM (extract the ROM zip, and find the apk). Don't use the newer ROM, since it already lists camera and video recording as WIP (work in progress).
    3 - DL a different camera from the market, and give it a try...

Like I said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, but these are easy enough to try first, then move on to ROMs (most come pre-packaged with the kernel).

If you're not comfortable flashing ROMs, you can try ROM Manager from the market...

Thanks danger-rat

Found the right link for the radio. Think someone back then maybe even me had the S in there. Radio should be good to go, just getting a good rom, kernal if you want to proceed.

[RADIO] New N1 Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 - xda-developers
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

from eVil's op page camera and camcorder are still WIP

I guess the HD roms have this issue

Options:

Move ahead with new rom, kernal

Or flash back to stock

Either way you have to flash and learn it or keep what you got

Return phone if possible

Let us know

Good Luck
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Junior Member arvindkumarbhardwaj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindkumarbhardwaj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I have to call it a nite, others will be helping soon or tomorrow, depends on everyone's time zone.

If you get it working back up sdcard to pc. Make sure you mount and unmount correctly thru usb cable. You have to close pc window showing sdcard and click on the device icon in system tray at bottom of pc screen to get ok to umount on two items before unplugging phone. You video fine is a good start. There is a lot of info out there and confusing. I spent dozens and dozens of hours researching before I did anything.

We still don't know if you bought a good phone. Did it work until you did something.

Can you not do the the 3 finger salute I mentioned and get to the screen in the video with the 3 green androids at the bottom. You got to get there and get into recovery as it shows on video and I described. If you can do that you may need to download a rom to your pc and copy to root of phone sdcard so you can install it thru recovery. Recovery will be a green screen with reboot and install choices like the video should show.

I think you may have a blank sdcard. And you may not have a recovery image on phone, hence no longer rooted. If so, you will need to install the foryo 2.2 rom and start over on rooting. I am not sure on all though.

First we need to get you into the green recovery screen and see if you can mount sdcard from there. It is a "usb toggle" choice. If the card is blank it may need reformatted before putting anything on it. A good app for that is sdformatter from the web.

If you can't get into recovery phone may be shot.

Don't give up and lets see what others say.
    Thanks for all your help, I am able to restart the phone now and its working now. But I am not able to use camera or camcorder. Its not working not sure if hardware or software problem.

when I look software information in my cell here is what i could see
    andriod version - 2.2
    baseband version - 32.41.00.32US.08.00.04
    Kernel version - 2.6.35.6-eViL--10/10--1
    deep@deep-desktop #60
    Sun Oct 10 11:05:16 PDT 2010
    Bild Number - 1.28.405 CL266215 release key
    Software Number eViL's NXSense HD v.0.08
    Browser version webkit 3.1

My primary intention is to test wether my camera is working or not as I have purchased this phone over ebay two days back.
    It could just be your ROM or a Kernel thats not Compatible with the Cam.

You could try flashing a New Rom to see if the Camera works.
    could you suggest me any latest ROM which support camera function also. please provide me link, should have everything ROM,radio, etc so would be easy for me to donload and flash new ROM.

This is what I am using with zero problems:

[ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers

Has a separate camera and camcorder

It is desire based with all the nice widgets they use

It will give you a new kernal. You can change wallpaper if you want. I like the Black Splash

If you actually have the 5.08 Korean radio it should be fine

Read the OP page fully and carefully all instructions are there. I also scan the last 30 pages or so of any new rom for the latest info and issues

This is MicroMod's and he is very helpful, plus several of us monitor this rom thread

You haven't said, but assume you can now get into recovery to do a backup first and know the procedure to install a new rom. And, also can navigate within the recovery screens. The pwr button after you leave the first screen is your back button. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Again you need Titanium Backup from Market and know how to use. What recovery do you have?

Essential management programs from Market in addition to TB are Linda Manager where you can access sdcard and change backup names and delete backups. Quick System shows all info including sd ext3 if you have one. You could install that first and see if it shows. If no sd ext these roms will suck up memory. If app supports it you can move each thru the phones manage apps option. If you have Rom Manager it allows you to make an sd ext. Don't install stuff from rom manager, boot into recovery first. If issues there is a fix permissions in rom mgr and in recovery. Under rom mgr, menu, settings make sure Advanced is selected.

Guess you also know how to dl from op page to pc and copy rom to sd card.

I would as recommended wipe everything twice: Data, all caches including dalvik, and battery. Two are on first recovery screen and two on the Advanced screen you get to from from first screen. After you flash rom sign in to google if you use and have a connection. Easier at first if you have wifi at home, sometimes I did not get my 3G connection because rom wiped APN settings. I use APN Backup from market and restore if that happens or you have to do manually.

Once you have done that reboot to set system memory and move apps to sdcard if you have ext.

I then go back to TB and refresh and "restore missing apps with data"

Some you may have to do manually. Some of gapps apps may need dl'd form Market like Calendar and Gmail etc.

You could also bu sd card to pc first also. This is all about precautions and preparation.

TB actually shows internal memory and sdcard and ext memory, see what that says. If you don't have an ext do one thru rom mgr. It is available thru Market and has some necessary steps to do during install setup. Like the Advanced I mentioned and Fix Permissions and selecting Flash Clockworkmod recovery before proceeding with rom install to see if it recognizes phone and clockwork recovery is activated.

I would backup your sdcard to pc and do a phone backup thru recovery and do a TB backup first.

Sorry about all the info at once, but don't know over internet how experienced you are with phone and all this terminology.

Good Luck, since you are not flashing new radio, there isn't much chance of doing something that can't be fixed.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

This is what I am using with zero problems:

[ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers

Has a separate camera and camcorder

It is desire based with all the nice widgets they use

It will give you a new kernal. You can change wallpaper if you want. I like the Black Splash

If you actually have the 5.08 Korean radio it should be fine

Read the OP page fully and carefully all instructions are there. I also scan the last 30 pages or so of any new rom for the latest info and issues

This is MicroMod's and he is very helpful, plus several of us monitor this rom thread

You haven't said, but assume you can now get into recovery to do a backup first and know the procedure to install a new rom. And, also can navigate within the recovery screens. The pwr button after you leave the first screen is your back button. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Again you need Titanium Backup from Market and know how to use. What recovery do you have?

Essential management programs from Market in addition to TB are Linda Manager where you can access sdcard and change backup names and delete backups. Quick System shows all info including sd ext3 if you have one. You could install that first and see if it shows. If no sd ext these roms will suck up memory. If app supports it you can move each thru the phones manage apps option. If you have Rom Manager it allows you to make an sd ext. Don't install stuff from rom manager, boot into recovery first. If issues there is a fix permissions in rom mgr and in recovery. Under rom mgr, menu, settings make sure Advanced is selected.

Guess you also know how to dl from op page to pc and copy rom to sd card.

I would as recommended wipe everything twice: Data, all caches including dalvik, and battery. Two are on first recovery screen and two on the Advanced screen you get to from from first screen. After you flash rom sign in to google if you use and have a connection. Easier at first if you have wifi at home, sometimes I did not get my 3G connection because rom wiped APN settings. I use APN Backup from market and restore if that happens or you have to do manually.

Once you have done that reboot to set system memory and move apps to sdcard if you have ext.

I then go back to TB and refresh and "restore missing apps with data"

Some you may have to do manually. Some of gapps apps may need dl'd form Market like Calendar and Gmail etc.

You could also bu sd card to pc first also. This is all about precautions and preparation.

TB actually shows internal memory and sdcard and ext memory, see what that says. If you don't have an ext do one thru rom mgr. It is available thru Market and has some necessary steps to do during install setup. Like the Advanced I mentioned and Fix Permissions and selecting Flash Clockworkmod recovery before proceeding with rom install to see if it recognizes phone and clockwork recovery is activated.

I would backup your sdcard to pc and do a phone backup thru recovery and do a TB backup first.

Sorry about all the info at once, but don't know over internet how experienced you are with phone and all this terminology.

Good Luck, since you are not flashing new radio, there isn't much chance of doing something that can't be fixed.

Ken
    I know now how to install from SD card as I recently did.
    I did not get what this means sorry - 'Read the OP page fully and carefully all instructions are there.'
    I don't what extn means. Do you mean extention what we use word in compulter, wondering if it can touch my once ROM which I have and I know how to flash from SD card using this.

I have rom manager and titanium backup but very sure how to use as there are many options coming for me.

Again I am giving my deatail.
    andriod version - 2.2
    baseband version - 32.41.00.32US.08.00.04
    Kernel version - 2.6.35.6-eViL--10/10--1
    deep@deep-desktop #60
    Sun Oct 10 11:05:16 PDT 2010
    Bild Number - 1.28.405 CL266215 release key
    Software Number eViL's NXSense HD v.0.08
    Browser version webkit 3.1

can I download the ROM from the link what you gave the wipe and flash from SD CARD what I did beforeto get my phone wokring. is that fine or I have to do partion and backup etc what you are telling..

I am reading now 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=784260' many people are saying many things and there are many links to download.

Confused very much now :-(

The OP page is the first in the link I gave OP or Rom Developer (dev)

The dl link is in brown above the blue screen picture: Latest Desire Super Hybrid Rom<-----download.

Download it to pc and copy to sdcard. don't put in any folders on card for now, just put to root of card. After rom is installed you can delete it from sdcard when you reconnect phone to sd or thru the Linda Mgr app I spoke of. Deleting off sdcard frees up memory, not sure what size card you got. Mine is 16gb

You install roms thru recovery screen that you must boot into as mentioned in earlier post. What does it say at bottom of TB screen. If not all three memory info's I mentioned you may need to update TB. Let's do that first. Don't be anxious to install new rom until you get all preliminaries done and fully understand procedure and how to use TB and Rom Mgr. I did a lot of googling and study to get familiar with them before using. Don't want to mess up phone again. It is working now, so take it slow.

Your sdext is making a second partition on the sdcard for apps so as not to use up limited internal phone memory. If you don't have this you ned to move one at a time manually. These roms will eat up your internal mem with all apps on internal.

Let's see what TB says first, or dl and open Quick System from Market and see what it says.

I don't think you'll get this installed tonite. Too much to set up and learn so it seems. No rush.

We want an sdcard bu to pc a phone bu thru rom mgr and a TB back up.

Also what is version on Rom Mgr (RM), may need to update that too. Did the Market notify you of updates yet?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The OP page is the first in the link I gave OP or Rom Developer (dev)

The dl link is in brown above the blue screen picture: Latest Desire Super Hybrid Rom<-----download.

Download it to pc and copy to sdcard. don't put in any folders on card for now, just put to root of card. After rom is installed you can delete it from sdcard when you reconnect phone to sd or thru the Linda Mgr app I spoke of. Deleting off sdcard frees up memory, not sure what size card you got. Mine is 16gb

You install roms thru recovery screen that you must boot into as mentioned in earlier post. What does it say at bottom of TB screen. If not all three memory info's I mentioned you may need to update TB. Let's do that first. Don't be anxious to install new rom until you get all preliminaries done and fully understand procedure and how to use TB and Rom Mgr. I did a lot of googling and study to get familiar with them before using. Don't want to mess up phone again. It is working now, so take it slow.

Your sdext is making a second partition on the sdcard for apps so as not to use up limited internal phone memory. If you don't have this you ned to move one at a time manually. These roms will eat up your internal mem with all apps on internal.

Let's see what TB says first, or dl and open Quick System from Market and see what it says.

I don't think you'll get this installed tonite. Too much to set up and learn so it seems. No rush.

We want an sdcard bu to pc a phone bu thru rom mgr and a TB back up.

Also what is version on Rom Mgr (RM), may need to update that too. Did the Market notify you of updates yet?
    I have 6 8 GB card as of now. I have titanium back and ROM manager installed now. I dont have USB cable as of now as i did not get from seller, I have to buy from market.

I did not get 'We want an sdcard bu to pc a phone bu thru rom mgr and a TB back up' ?
    I looked some vedios for taitanium back and seems like I can backup now. Still have to investigate how to use ROM manager how to check whether its linda ROM manager or diffrenet?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links