Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

This is a discussion on Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; What does TB say at bottom of main screen, should have memory info. If not get Quick System from market and see what it says. ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

What does TB say at bottom of main screen, should have memory info.

If not get Quick System from market and see what it says.

Linda Manager is from Market and just a file mgmt program to do as I mentioned earlier. Rename, delete files on sd card and other things. Rom Manager which you have already (what is version) is how you boot into recovery. There are other recoveries out there other than RM like amon_ra, but no need to go into that now.

I mentioned earlier how to use TB and do a bu. See if you can do that and get usb cable before moving on. You should have got it from ebay seller. Not sure where to buy one. Contact ebay seller, he should have included it.

For now:

1. Get usb cable

2. See what TB says on memory info at bottom of screen or get Quick System to see
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Junior Member arvindkumarbhardwaj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

Linda Manager is from Market and just a file mgmt program to do as I mentioned earlier. Rename, delete files on sd card and other things. Rom Manager which you have already (what is version) is how you boot into recovery. There are other recoveries out there other than RM like amon_ra, but no need to go into that now.

I mentioned earlier how to use TB and do a bu. See if you can do that and get usb cable before moving on. You should have got it from ebay seller. Not sure where to buy one. Contact ebay seller, he should have included it.

For now:

1. Get usb cable

2. See what TB says on memory info at bottom of screen or get Quick System to see
    I backed up all user apps and system data 186.

at bottom it says
    RUN delete all backups(CAUTION) 186.

Not on that screen on the bottom of the main screen when you open tb
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by arvindkumarbhardwaj View Post

For now:

1. Get usb cable

at bottom it says
    I did backed my current ROM from ROM manager. I also installed the IO File Manager and could all the data in a better way.

data directory : /data
    external storage: /mnt/sdcard(ok)
    backup dorectry:/mnt/sdcard/titaniumbackup

For now:

1. Get usb cable

at bottom it says
    I did backed my current ROM from ROM manager. I also installed the IO File Manager and could all the data in a better way.

In ROM manager we have option partion sdcad and gives option 128/256/512. which one to select and will it format dccard?

Can I install the ROM now using the browser on phone.

I think now we should be ok as we have back and everthing. I want ti check camera qucik and I have rturn the phone if it did not work.

Please advice me.

Still what version of TB and RM do you have

Does IO file mgr show if you have an sd ext and how much free memory

RM has been flakey on backing up and installing the way you described, unless I misunderstand. On the main RM screen to be safe you should tap on menu, settings and make sure Advanced is checked. On main screen tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. It should say Confirm Phone Model Google Nexus One. Tap on it and it should say Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery. Tap OK. But again what versions of TB and RM.

Once you have flashed CWMod Rec you can tap on reboot into recovery, tap ok. This is where you should backup phone and install roms from.

The first screen has reboot system, which takes you back to your phone. At top of screen it should say Clockwormod Recovery v2.5.1.0 or whatever.

Below that is where you wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache then select advanced with trackball and wipe Dalvik and battery stats. You do these 2x before flashing new rom. Then after wiping on that page press pwr button to go back to main recovery screen. If you notice before you do that there is an option to partition sd card, that is where you do that. Anyway once back to main recovery screen you can reboot. On that same page is backup and restore is were you do your bu's and restores from not the rom mgr main page. When you are ready to install the new rom (which should be in .zip format) select install zip from sdcard. It will take you to scren that says choose zip from sd card. Sekect it and go to the folder it is in or if on root of sd card it should be on that screen. Sometimes if you dl from web thru phone it goes to download folder. Once you select the rom it will install and when done will ask to reboot.

Remember the pwr button is your back button when on any recovery screen other than first one. On the choose zip from sd card screen there is a toggle sig verification. Enabled or disabled. some zips are not signed and you will get a sig failed during the flash. If so go to that choice and toggle sig to disabled.

mounts and storage on main screen allows you to mount phone to pc. When you are mounted or connected to pc thru usb and looking at sdcard thru windows window, close that window and go to bottom computer link bar and click on device icon to ok the disconnecting of phone from pc. Two choices to ok. If you don't unmount correctly you can lose sd card.

So, what versions of TB and RM do you have and does IO file mgr show your recent backup and if you have an sdcard ext. On sd card the backup would be under clockworkmod/backups.

I wouldn't falsh anything untill you get a usb cable and copy sd card to pc. Your choice.

I may be going to slow for you but I am cautious. After seven months of this I still screw up, and have wiped sd card 3 times.

Also remember with only 8gb don't leave dl's on sd card, copy to pc into a backup folder. Keep only what you NEED. At least on e backup to restore if you mess up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

at bottom it says

In ROM manager we have option partion sdcad and gives option 128/256/512. which one to select and will it format dccard?

I think now we should be ok as we have back and everthing. I want ti check camera qucik and I have rturn the phone if it did not work.

Please advice me.
    Sorry I missed your bottom posts, don't partition it will wipe sdcard you need the usb cable and back up sdcard first. When you do partition, 512mb, 0 swap.

The info you gave from IO mgr is not enough. Still want to know TB and RM versions. If no where it says sdext memory then dl Quick System from Market and open see what it says.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Please advice me.
    Sorry I missed your bottom posts, don't partition it will wipe sdcard you need the usb cable and back up sdcard first. When you do partition, 512mb, 0 swap.

The info you gave from IO mgr is not enough. Still want to know TB and RM versions. If no where it says sdext memory then dl Quick System from Market and open see what it says.
    Please find below info.

ROM manager
    version 2.5.0.3
    1.71MB + 1.41MB(84.00KB)
    Aug 1,2008 7:00:00 AM

Titaninum backup
    version 3.5.2::fixed nasty FC on startup downgrade, can remove crapware on samsuns 2.2,fixed issu during sync to dropbox
    1 August 2008

OI manager
    version 1.13

Please let me know if I can install the new ROM without partion as I did not get time to go out and USB and want to check camera soon.

Please advice.

Hey, I wanted to unroot my phone and restore it to stock in hopes of getting the gingerbread update when it's released.

I rooted using Universal AndRoot from FRF91 and I followed these steps I found on MoDaCo

Restoring Stock ROM/Unroot Procedure

1. Go to applications and open ROM Manager.
    2. Scroll down to Manage and Restore Backups.
    3. Select the backup of the stock ROM you created before flashing and select Restore.
    4. The restore process will now begin and will take a few minutes.
    5. Once the device reverts back to stock, go back to applications and select Universal AndRoot.
    6. Select Undo Root.
    7. Go to Settings, Privacy and select Factory Reset.
    7. You're done. You are now completely back to stock and you have maintained your Bootloader for warranty purposes.
    and it all worked, i'm not rooted anymore and my stock rom backup is installed but should I not get an updated from FRF91 to whatever the release was after that caused issues with the Universal AndRoot procedure?

Because when I check for system updates it currently says my system is up to date.

(Nexus One running 2.2 FRF91 on the Rogers network)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

good to know gonzo

thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links