Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

This is a discussion on Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc good to know gonzo thanks I have got the USB cable and I installed the drivers also. I have taken the ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

Junior Member arvindkumarbhardwaj's Avatar

USB Cable Recieved

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    good to know gonzo

thanks
    I have got the USB cable and I installed the drivers also. I have taken the backup also.
    Could you please suggest me how to proceed and intstall the new ROM/Radio etc so I can test my camera.

Please reply soon.

Camera Working Now

Quote Originally Posted by arvindkumarbhardwaj View Post
    good to know gonzo

thanks
    I have got the USB cable and I installed the drivers also. I have taken the backup also.
    Could you please suggest me how to proceed and intstall the new ROM/Radio etc so I can test my camera.

Please reply soon.
    Hello Rugmankc,
    Good News is I am able to install the new ROM suggested by you. I am very excited to see my camera and camcorder functions are working..
    Thanks for guiding me and helping me. I am very great full to you.

As of now I have just installed new ROM zip file and copy to sdcard and installed new ROM from sdcard.
    Still I have not format the sdcard and make extention on it. I would need your help on this. How to do it and what precautions we should take to do as I will erase my all data. I have taken backup of my sdcard on system.

Awaiting for you reply.!!

What rom did you install, glad you figured it out. Didn't want to guide you forward without an sdcard backup and phone backup. Sounds like you got it figured out now. Can't over emphasize phone and sdcard backups and Titanium backups before doing flashes. Obviously sdcard bu not necessary everytime. There is a Fix Permissions option in Rom Manager and some recoveries if you have issues.

A side note: Rom Manager is just an interface for you, ClockworkMod is the recovery. Rom Mgr is not the recovery image. I find it safer to boot into CWMod and do everything there. Another recovery is Amon_Ra. Better I think. But that is something for later. It needs flashed thru Terminal Emulator, an app from the Market. Very exact commands. The reason I mention is that CWMod recovery will only make an ext2 not ext3 partition or at least that is what it shows when looking at it thru a partition tool. Amon_ra will let you change it to ext3. No big deal at this time. You already have 5.08 Korean radio, ok for now.

If you flashed the desire roms like evil and MicroMod, they are more memory intensive and you may need the partition. Cyanogen and MIUI roms are lower mem and maybe get by without it. With no partition you can go to menu/settings/manage apps/all. Tap on app and see if it lets you move app to sd. Not all will. That will free up space. It goes to sd card not a partition since you don't have one yet.

Anyway, on the partition:

You say you backed up sdcard to pc and have a phone bu. What rom do you have and do you have your google stuff (gapps) set up and how much internal memory left. That should show under your phone settings or at bottom of main Titanium page.

Most of this from memory, so if something doesn't seem right ask. I have Amon_Ra right now and can't follow steps all the way thru.

1. Open Rom Manager and select Reboot into Recovery

2. You are going to select Partition SD Card

3. You want 512mb and 0swap

4. It should do it's thing

5. When done do Reboot System Now. If not on that main screen use pwr button to go back.

6. Again, in Phone Settings (depends on rom) you should show your sd card memory info. I still like Quick System from Market. I put the app on one of my Home Screens and can open with one tap and all info there. Terminal Emulator needed too if you are going to do more things like the ext2 to ext3. Easier then setting up SDK and ADB thru Windows Command Prompt.

Let me know how it goes and what your new numbers are. Without knowing your rom, I don't know how to move apps to sd automatically. Some just have you reboot after first flash of new rom, some have Dark Tremor (an sdext manager) and requires commands thru Terminal Emulator.

FYI: Always read the first page (OP page) of the developer's web page. It has most all info there on the download link and how to flash rom and set up. Sometimes it is not easy to see. Also, read last 20 pages or so of the thread for tips and issues from others.

I am helping again because you figured out a lot on your own. Never sure over the internet how much someone knows on this stuff. It took dozens of hours of research before I even started. Making it too easy for someone doesn't prepare them for troubleshooting and understanding why they are doing the steps in procedures. After seven months I still screw up. And these roms are all hacked and 100% perfect as you found out with the eVil HD rom. NO Camera!!

I am in and out today, but you can let me know on your rom you flashed and see hoe it moves apps to sdcard, or go back to that thread for help.

Good luck,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

What rom did you install, glad you figured it out. Didn't want to guide you forward without an sdcard backup and phone backup. Sounds like you got it figured out now. Can't over emphasize phone and sdcard backups and Titanium backups before doing flashes. Obviously sdcard bu not necessary everytime. There is a Fix Permissions option in Rom Manager and some recoveries if you have issues.

A side note: Rom Manager is just an interface for you, ClockworkMod is the recovery. Rom Mgr is not the recovery image. I find it safer to boot into CWMod and do everything there. Another recovery is Amon_Ra. Better I think. But that is something for later. It needs flashed thru Terminal Emulator, an app from the Market. Very exact commands. The reason I mention is that CWMod recovery will only make an ext2 not ext3 partition or at least that is what it shows when looking at it thru a partition tool. Amon_ra will let you change it to ext3. No big deal at this time. You already have 5.08 Korean radio, ok for now.

If you flashed the desire roms like evil and MicroMod, they are more memory intensive and you may need the partition. Cyanogen and MIUI roms are lower mem and maybe get by without it. With no partition you can go to menu/settings/manage apps/all. Tap on app and see if it lets you move app to sd. Not all will. That will free up space. It goes to sd card not a partition since you don't have one yet.

Anyway, on the partition:

You say you backed up sdcard to pc and have a phone bu. What rom do you have and do you have your google stuff (gapps) set up and how much internal memory left. That should show under your phone settings or at bottom of main Titanium page.

Most of this from memory, so if something doesn't seem right ask. I have Amon_Ra right now and can't follow steps all the way thru.

1. Open Rom Manager and select Reboot into Recovery

2. You are going to select Partition SD Card

3. You want 512mb and 0swap

4. It should do it's thing

5. When done do Reboot System Now. If not on that main screen use pwr button to go back.

6. Again, in Phone Settings (depends on rom) you should show your sd card memory info. I still like Quick System from Market. I put the app on one of my Home Screens and can open with one tap and all info there. Terminal Emulator needed too if you are going to do more things like the ext2 to ext3. Easier then setting up SDK and ADB thru Windows Command Prompt.

Let me know how it goes and what your new numbers are. Without knowing your rom, I don't know how to move apps to sd automatically. Some just have you reboot after first flash of new rom, some have Dark Tremor (an sdext manager) and requires commands thru Terminal Emulator.

FYI: Always read the first page (OP page) of the developer's web page. It has most all info there on the download link and how to flash rom and set up. Sometimes it is not easy to see. Also, read last 20 pages or so of the thread for tips and issues from others.

I am helping again because you figured out a lot on your own. Never sure over the internet how much someone knows on this stuff. It took dozens of hours of research before I even started. Making it too easy for someone doesn't prepare them for troubleshooting and understanding why they are doing the steps in procedures. After seven months I still screw up. And these roms are all hacked and 100% perfect as you found out with the eVil HD rom. NO Camera!!

I am in and out today, but you can let me know on your rom you flashed and see hoe it moves apps to sdcard, or go back to that thread for help.

Good luck,

Ken
    I have inatalled the ROM suggested by you. Please is the link and detail for the same.
    ROM Details-
    [ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers
    Current ROM Base: 2.10.405.2
    Current Kernel: RedStar3894 2.6.35.8_AVS_CFS_20101109_0128
    I have copy and paste everthing from sdcard to system. I did tatninum back and thoug ROM manager also recover current ROM.
    I tried to 'With no partition you can go to menu/settings/manage apps/all. Tap on app and see if it lets you move app to sd.' But it is NOT allowing me to move app to SDCARD. Dont know what could be issue.
    as you said 'Terminal Emulator needed too if you are going to do more things like the ext2 to ext3. Easier then setting up SDK and ADB thru Windows Command Prompt.' - I installed SDK zip and installed though SD Manger. Dont know after that what to do. I did this to get USB driver installed as I was not having CD and I did google for it. could you please tell me what is ADB and and how to do ext2 to ext3. Please tell me more about Terminal Emulator needed too also.

How to check if my SD card id partioned(NOT sure just waondering if it is already).
    Let me know if you require any more infomation to proceed me further.

Don't worry about SDK/ADB or ext3 right now, not needed yet

When you say can't move app to sd card, is the "Move App to SD Card" grayed out or bright wipe. If grayed out app is on sdcard

You should get Terminal Emulator and Quick System from Market. Quick System will show you phone internal memory free and a2sd ext memory free. Terminal Emulator does most of what SDK/ADB does and easier for me. You use it to flash recoveries and some radios. Things that are in .img format not .zip like the rom you flashed.

Or, like I said, it should show somewhere under your phone settings if you have a2sd info shown.

I assume before you flashed rom you read MicrMod's op page carefully before flashing. I think that page has tips on how many times to wipe all before flashing and how to activate a2sd and set up trackball alerts and battery in top bar.

You always wipe ALL while in recovery. Data, caches, battery stats etc. They are on two different screens in CWMod recovery. Two on main screen and two under Advanced. If you don't you risk stuck screens and bootloops. Sometimes you get them even if you wipe all. Then you may need to format things like Micro mentions on op page also.

If you haven't made the sd ext thru Rom Mgr/CWMod recovery like I posted above you don't have it unless it was there originally. That is why you need to check phone settings or get Quick System. Do that next so you can verify where you are at this moment.

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Don't worry about SDK/ADB or ext3 right now, not needed yet

When you say can't move app to sd card, is the "Move App to SD Card" grayed out or bright wipe. If grayed out app is on sdcard

You should get Terminal Emulator and Quick System from Market. Quick System will show you phone internal memory free and a2sd ext memory free. Terminal Emulator does most of what SDK/ADB does and easier for me. You use it to flash recoveries and some radios. Things that are in .img format not .zip like the rom you flashed.

Or, like I said, it should show somewhere under your phone settings if you have a2sd info shown.

I assume before you flashed rom you read MicrMod's op page carefully before flashing. I think that page has tips on how many times to wipe all before flashing and how to activate a2sd and set up trackball alerts and battery in top bar.

You always wipe ALL while in recovery. Data, caches, battery stats etc. They are on two different screens in CWMod recovery. Two on main screen and two under Advanced. If you don't you risk stuck screens and bootloops. Sometimes you get them even if you wipe all. Then you may need to format things like Micro mentions on op page also.

If you haven't made the sd ext thru Rom Mgr/CWMod recovery like I posted above you don't have it unless it was there originally. That is why you need to check phone settings or get Quick System. Do that next so you can verify where you are at this moment.

ken
    Here is what Quick System info- says about memory
    SD card stirage - Total 5.22GB, Free 3.29GB
    A2SD Sorage - Information not avilable
    System storage - total 196MB,free33.69MB
    Let me know if this conifrm that I dont have extn.
    To install ne ROM I just restore factory and wipe cathc thats sit once only. I could not follow more instarctions. I intalled new rom from recovery mode.
    To move app to SDCARD seems evrthing in SDCARD only to move ro sdcard is coming as gray NOT white one.

Let me know what I should do next.

Yea, you have no sdext

It is grayed because you are not able to move the app for some reason, maybe the dev won't allow.

Your internal is low because all apps are on phone

You can work that way if you have no issues or low memory warnings. But, I would do the sdext as I posted above. It will probably wipe your sd card, so you will have to copy all folders back from pc to phone.

Then check Quick System and it should show a2sd info.

Then when all done if you reboot the rom should move apps to sdcard.

Again, read all of op page and last 20 pages of thread on any roms you want to try

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

arvindkumarbhardwaj,

Did you get it worked out?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

aseems,

Good to see you post, hope all is well.

You are one of the few who, if you do root, will be prepared. Too many 1 clickers, rooting to soon.

I spent time helping the op to resolve his issue, hope he did. Could at least update us and some thanks.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links