Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen

This is a discussion on Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; hmmmz, i have a small scratch on my nexus one that has been bothering me... maybe i should go and search REALLY hard and see ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen

hmmmz, i have a small scratch on my nexus one that has been bothering me... maybe i should go and search REALLY hard and see if i can find dust under the screen....

Quote Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post
    hmmmz, i have a small scratch on my nexus one that has been bothering me... maybe i should go and search REALLY hard and see if i can find dust under the screen....
    Just get like a leaf blower or something and start making your own little dust storm. Then wip out that bad boy and start waving it around!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Just get like a leaf blower or something and start making your own little dust storm. Then wip out that bad boy and start waving it around!

That would be fraud and it's something we don't really do around here

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post

That would be fraud and it's something we don't really do around here
    I was clearly joking but since you brought it up, why would that be fraud? That might be a good way to simulate what the screen might look like after 1 yr of normal usage. Technically, the phone should be sealed so that NO dust gets in there, regardless of whether you are in a dusty environment or not.

Got my replacement today and it looks new with no dust under screen. However when I press around the edges of the glass I do hear a clicking sound in certain spots like I did on my old one. I can't remember where I read about someone using a hair dryer to re-activate the sealing compound and then pressing the glass down to seal it. Anyone have any info on wether or not this works or is even advisable?

I dunno where you guys get your phones, mine's totally fine. Sometimes I like to just hold it in hand, rubbing and whispering "My... my own..... my precioussss......."

Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
    I dunno where you guys get your phones, mine's totally fine. Sometimes I like to just hold it in hand, rubbing and whispering "My... my own..... my precioussss......."
    They let anybody in this place.

I guess that's the Blogoshpere equivalent of ,"I know you are but what am I?".

Why... I'm the unlucky one... :(

Hummm…
    Hi,
    I’m Yao from Singapore
    After reading this thread, it reminds me to check my screen again.
    Before I on my Nexus One for the first time, I put a screen protector to protect my lovely 3.7 inch screen.
    After I put the screen protector, I switch on my Nexus One and I saw a white fiber dust in it.
    So I was thinking, maybe it was under my screen protector when I put it on the dust some how when in between my Nexus One Screen and Screen Protector.
    But than yesterday I find out that I’m wrong.
    It was under my Nexus One Screen and to confirm that I’m right, I used my finger nail and tap on the screen and the dust start to move around.
    I just call up the hTC service center and the costumer service office ask me to bring my Nexus One all the way to the hTC Singapore Service Center to have a Check first before they can decide what they can do for my Nexus One.
    Due to my work commitment, it is hard for me to go all the way there but I will sure go all the way to the hTC Service Center one fine day if I’m free from work…

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links