Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen

This is a discussion on Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by yao86 Hummm… Update above mention... I had just send my Lovely Nexus One to the hTC Singapore Service Center for Dust under ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by yao86 View Post
    Hummm…
    Update above mention...

I had just send my Lovely Nexus One to the hTC Singapore Service Center for Dust under my Screen Issue.
    The Friendly Customer Service Office told me that, I have to leave my Lovely Nexus One with them at least 3 working days and they will send it back to my door step but did not mention my Nexus One will get Fix in local or Google will send me an New Toy...
    Whatever... As long as they get the job done with no problem again, it will be fine
    Cheers...

Talking

Hummm…
    Update above mention...

I had just send my Lovely Nexus One to the hTC Singapore Service Center for Dust under my Screen Issue.
    The Friendly Customer Service Office told me that, I have to leave my Lovely Nexus One with them at least 3 working days and they will send it back to my door step but did not mention my Nexus One will get Fix in local or Google will send me an New Toy...
    Whatever... As long as they get the job done with no problem again, it will be fine.
    Cheers...
    Update above mention...

I have just call up the local (Singapore) service hotline 1800-238-7788 but it sounds like a Taiwanese???
    Ops... Sorry off Topic.
    I call up and ask the status about my Nexus One, when they will send my Nexus One back.
    The Friendly Customer Service Office told me that I still have to wait for 2 more days for repair.
    After my Nexus One is repaired, I still have to wait for it to deliver to my door step.
    I also ask them, are they going to fix it in the local service centre or Google will send me a New set.
    Ans: Fix it in the Local (Singapore) Service Centre.
    Well It's ok... It had past 3days and I still have to wait.....
    I Really Miss my Nexus One now.....

Hummm…
    Update above mention...

I had just send my Lovely Nexus One to the hTC Singapore Service Center for Dust under my Screen Issue.... at least 3 working days and... get the job done with no problem again, it will be fine.
    Cheers...
    Update above mention...

I have just call up the local (Singapore) service hotline 1800-238-7788... when they will send my Nexus One back... told me that I still have to wait for 2 more days for repair.... still have to wait for it to deliver... Ans: Fix it in the Local (Singapore) Service Centre... I Really Miss my Nexus One now.....
    Update above mention...

I just make a call to the hTC Service Hotline and check the outcome of my Nexus One and they told me... still not repair yet
    I feel sick waiting for my Nexus One for the past 5days and without it on the weekend...

I received my nexus one!!!

Update above mention…

I RECEIVED MY NEXUS ONE!!!
    Received it when I was home from my father.
    Just now I mention on above reply on Singapore time 5.14pm (GMT), the hTC customer service office told me that my Nexus One have not start the repairing yet.
    But my father told me he got my Nexus One about 2pm (GMT) :confused:
    Due to I have no phone, he can’t contact me that my Nexus One had reach Home.

Review beside the time I wait…
    hTC & Google had done a Great Job!
    No dust, fibre, finger prints etc in the Screen…
    Screen Protector has gone (before it is attach with one)
    Just a original plastic rap around the phone when return to us.
    But one thing!
    This is not my Nexus One before.
    This is also not a New Nexus One (Looks like USED)
    The IMEI, S/N, P/N numbers & the Looks is totally different from before.
    Maybe a return set and fix and than return to someone who sent in for repair or one to one exchange?

Haha… Whatever… as I mention before, as long as the hTC get the job done and no other problem in the future, it’s fine for me.
    At last I get back my Nexus One!
    I’m once again ALIVE!!!

Once again, Thanks a lot hTC & Google.

Best Regards, Yao (Singapore)

has anyone confirmed that htc is actually fixing this dust issue? I don't want a brand new phone shipped just to get dust under the screen again...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
    has anyone confirmed that htc is actually fixing this dust issue? I don't want a brand new phone shipped just to get dust under the screen again...
    I've had my replacement for a few weeks now and so far so good. I carry it in a case in my pocket (no pouch in other words), and it sees plenty of dust, lint etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
    I also got a brand new device for the dust issue as well as my touchscreen was acting up. I tried to nail them down for a real answer about why the dust is getting in and how they plan to fix it but you know these reps. really don't know anything and he pretty much told me that.

for those who had dust under the screen... were you guys early adopters? were the ones they sent out as replacements void of this problem from ever happening again?

still about to get my nexus one next week. it was ordered 3 weeks ago (importing it from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    for those who had dust under the screen... were you guys early adopters?
    Sorry, but you'll probably have the problem too. I ordered my Nexus One on 4/21. The day my 14-day trial period ended two things happened: I sold my iPhone and dust appeared under my screen.

Because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it or not, I was very careful with the N1 during my two week trial- I am surprised and dismayed to find dust under the screen already.

Then, as if to taunt me, a new jailbreak came out for the iPhone. At this point, I wish I would've just kept my iPhone... Didn't bother with a case for it and I never had dust under its screen. :/

Good luck!

An update: I got a replacement without problems from HTC. Sucks to have the phone downgraded from a brand-new phone to a refurb, but that's what they do. :/ Two weeks after getting the replacement I've found the first speck of dust under the screen of the new refurb... Maybe the third phone will be OK?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links