Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen

This is a discussion on Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by RevAaron An update: I got a replacement without problems from HTC. Sucks to have the phone downgraded from a brand-new phone to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Get your handset replaced because of dust under screen

Quote Originally Posted by RevAaron View Post
    An update: I got a replacement without problems from HTC. Sucks to have the phone downgraded from a brand-new phone to a refurb, but that's what they do. :/ Two weeks after getting the replacement I've found the first speck of dust under the screen of the new refurb... Maybe the third phone will be OK?
    Wow what luck huh? Do you live in the desert? JK. How does that even happen? I have my phone now since the end of Feb. Not a spec. I use it everyday. It goes in and out of my pocket with "lint dust" all the time. I tried looking at the edges of where there is a little gap to see if that may be the place, but I can't see how it could happen. Sorry about your bad luck. Do you clean your screen off with something? Usually when it's time to clean mine I just do a breathe of hot air and do a circle on my shirt. I never used cleaners or paper towels or rags.

Heh. Nope, I live in a pretty temperate enviornment. I think it happens because the Nexus One has a poorly designed screen assembly or poorly fitted seals, etc. I've never had a phone or PDA with this problem before, yet it's pretty common on the N1.

Other than getting a refurb replacement, HTC pulls apart the screen assembly, cleans out the dust, and reassembles with better fitting seals. That's the alternative procedure to a phone swap. You probably get better results doing that than with a replacement phone, but it takes 1-2 weeks. Not sure about most folks, but I can't be without a phone for a couple weeks if only because of work.

The first N1 ended up with dust under its screen even though I had been quite meticulous about keeping it clean- after all, I wasn't sure if I wasn't going to keep it or return it before the 14 days were up. I always keep it in the pouch it came with.

When I had a the first, new N1 I cleaned it with a lint free lens cloth. Since I got a refurb I've just been doing the hot breath and t-shirt routine. :P

I took my phone apart previously and had it opened meaning I lost my warranty, Has anyone else tried getting it replaced with a lapsed warranty?

No one knows?

Side question, I wonder how to make Goggle / HTC Repair Centre replace my case of my N1 as there is scratch. I have my name printed on the back of my case as well.

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

I just spoke to HTC staff, and got the ticket number set up for send in to fix the dust problem at bottom left of screen. But after i read all the post that ppl had problem with the repair center such as extra cost for the repair and timely fashion, i dont know if i still want to send in for the screen clean up ?? anyone please help.

do i need warrenty?

Edit hehe it works gettin mine tomorrow

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links