How To: Install Android Update Manually

This is a discussion on How To: Install Android Update Manually within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Taken from XDA Developers: Download the update, rename it "update.zip" put it on the root of your SD card. Then, turn off the phone, hold ...

Thread: How To: Install Android Update Manually

How To: Install Android Update Manually

Taken from XDA Developers:

Download the update, rename it "update.zip" put it on the root of your SD card.

Then, turn off the phone, hold down the tackball, press the power button, once it loads the funky skateboarding android guy screen, press the power button again... wait for it to flash something on the screen real quick, then the menu should have the option "recovery", use the volume control on the side of the phone to move down, then hit the power button again to boot into recovery... should show a box with an arrow.

Once you get to that screen, press and hold power, then tap the volume up button, should take you into the recovery menu list, select "update" and you are good to go! Once done, you have to reboot, when it does this it will sit there for a couple seconds, then go to the box screen again for a little bit, don't freak out, keep waiting, your phone will reboot and you are golden!
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Rename it just update if your on windows. It will automatically have the zip part and wont find it

I can confirm this worked perfectly on my un-rooted N1, firmware says 2.1-update1 and there's a Dock option on the settings... any more changes apart from the official changelong?
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

do you know how to fix the flash player??

Quote Originally Posted by noneother19 View Post
    do you know how to fix the flash player??
    Currently Google is working on the Flash contractual agreements with Adobe. BUT there are apps on the market that allow you to download flash movies and such for later play. I personally use "yxflash" and it seems to work sometimes but not always. Its nolt really a flash player per say but does allow for downloading movies and such from places like linkflix.com and such.

Also for zipped files you can always use a zip program app like "Androzip" from the market and unzip from your phones directory.

And to cover the update questions here if you received an update at one time and didnt install it then you can go to: Menu>Settings>about phone>system updates.

This will allow for installing an update sent out OTA and was skipped for some reason.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Rename it just update if your on windows. It will automatically have the zip part and wont find it
    thats if u didnt put on the "see extensions" option in folder options.

This topic/first post needs to be updated/rewritten to say WHAT version firmware this is, and for which Nexus One (AT&T or T-Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post
    This topic/first post needs to be updated/rewritten to say WHAT version firmware this is, and for which Nexus One (AT&T or T-Mobile)
    No. These are general instruction, applicable to any firmware, on any version.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post
    No. These are general instruction, applicable to any firmware, on any version.
    Opps, n/m I replied to the wrong "how to update manually" sticky thread.
    Thought the QR code on this post was a url for a fw file. The other sticky thread has links to d/l the fw and stuff.

Sorry.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links